IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO: Gamboa vs. Salido@10PM ET, 9CT, 7PT, SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later (No New Spoiler Threads)
The CEO
post Sep 11 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #31

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Did y'all notice Gamboa's conditioning?....it's tremendous....Lopez would be a challenge....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Sep 11 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 12 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Did y'all notice Gamboa's conditioning?....it's tremendous....Lopez would be a challenge....

Yup Gambo's conditioning is top notch. He looked like he could go another 12 rds easly.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 11 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 12 2010, 12:24 AM) *

I did. You would think someone like him, fast and explosive, might fade late in the fight. And his fights are usually shorter. I actually thought of that watching him throw nice fast crisp punches in the last two rounds. But I wonder if that would still hold true with a better fighter lander harder more effective shots on him and making Gamboa work a little harder than he had to tonight.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 11 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #34

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 11 2010, 11:43 PM) *
I did. You would think someone like him, fast and explosive, might fade late in the fight. And his fights are usually shorter. I actually thought of that watching him throw nice fast crisp punches in the last two rounds. But I wonder if that would still hold true with a better fighter lander harder more effective shots on him and making Gamboa work a little harder than he had to tonight.

I thought Salido gave him a fairly good workout tonight.

He is still raw but I'd have a hard time betting against Gamboa, no matter who he's facing.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 11 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 12:46 AM) *
I thought Salido gave him a fairly good workout tonight.

He is still raw but I'd have a hard time betting against Gamboa, no matter who he's facing.

I agree. I just think a Lopez or Marquez would definitely make him work harder than Salido did. I think Gamboa pretty much saw everything Salido was throwing and was pretty relaxed with him.

I like Gamboa, but I would and always have picked Lopez over him. That is a can't miss fight either way.

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Sep 12 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #36

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

While watching the fight, I was thinking Naseem Hamed before Kellerman said anything about it.

Arum needs to milk Gamboa for everything he can because Lopez is going to expose that hype job...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 12 2010, 02:47 AM
Post #37

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

OK, who didn't think shades of Lorenzo-Soto I when Salido was pointing to the back of his head like that in that crazy 12th round!? Cortez did the right thing this time. (What he should have done in Lorenzo-Soto) deducted the 2 points and not buy into Lorenzo's theatrics like he and the Nevada Commission did that night.

Not sure about Gamboa's conditioning. Sure he has balls though!

I thought if Gamboa could not get Salido out in like 3-4 rounds he would have a tough time and he did! If only Salido could have won a couple more early rounds. I thought Max could have given Saido more credit, he was a world champion too like Gamboa. Even though Gamboa is being built is the next big star, he is certainly vulnerable. He could stop anybody on a quick blitz, but I think he needed a tough distance fight like this. I think Gamboa would have been in real trouble if world title fights were still set at 15 rounds. Salido might have been able to take advantage of a longer distance.

Jack

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 12 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

In my opinion all last night did was prove how good of a fight gamboa vs. lopez (if lopez gets past marquez) really is and how much it needs to be made... both guys have shown vulnerabilities in fights... i personally believe its the best or one of the best fights that can be made right now in the sport.... it needs to happen now rather than later...

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 12 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #39

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Marquez, Lopez, Gamboa, Caballero, John. The featherweight division is STACKED.

+Quote Post
Chicity44
post Sep 12 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #40

Amateur

Member No.: 10,987

I can't believe he didn't get disqualified. He hit the man while laying on the ground, it was worse than any of the other dq,s I seen.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:47 PM