> Landmark Education, One of the scariest things I've done in my life
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #21

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 21 2010, 09:17 AM) *
Surely you mean boxing and medication Snoop? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Fuck man, I feel like I've been on a drug trip since Friday and still haven't come back yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Oct 21 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #22

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 21 2010, 12:26 AM) *
That's basically it. I mean they had this dumbass 24 yr old girl believing she could make $1 million in one year and open an orphanage in Africa. They just try to propagate this idea that you're unstoppable, you can achieve anything, you can live your dreams, etc. It's kind of sad actually, seeing how desperate people will get to achieve what they created as "happiness".

But that shit definitely fucked with my head. Apparently the creators of "The Matrix" took this shit and I fucking believe it. I think they made a goddamn movie about it. Now I get paranoid that EVERYTHING is a fucking Matrix and keep contemplating on these endless existential debates of whether or not we can ever escape one.

If anything, I learned about people, how they can be exploited in vulnerable points of their life/personality, and most importantly, about how if you can recognize the system, you can manipulate it to your advantage. Yeah, I think that's the thing that scares me most.

My sister got caught in the EST web deep in a previous millenium. I was considerably younger than you and in transition from the USMC to pseudo private enterprise. My sister was getting all fucked up, IMO, so I decided to infiltrate the organization in San Francisco. Shortly after that they were exposed by the media and entangled in a slew of legal action.

They morphed like an amoeba into multiple, nearly identical, entities.

My other sister got attracted into one of those amoeba years later. I think it was called Frog Prince or something like that. I decided to infiltrate this organization, coincidentally in San Francisco again. I started a bit of an insurrection by taking control of a significant percentage of the zombies.

They made the fatal error of threatening to hold my sister hostage.

These groups utilize methods very similar to the USMC boot camp process. Break down the subject by erasing the individual identity. Then rebuild the individual's consciousness as a cohesive piece of the whole.

Once you control your fear, you are ready to play (rather than just be a prop) in The Game.

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 21 2010, 03:57 AM) *
That's the fucking gospel man!

People call it The Game...that name is probably THE perfect description for life. Everything is a game...a puzzle...all you have to do is figure out how to play it.

This focus is the ultimate Virtual Reality Video Game. The questions are whether there are other levels and (if so) what determines your next level or if you qualify for one, or if you are demoted to what some would call hell? It is obvious that this reality is hell for a significant % of humanity.

There is only one absolute; we are all going to experience death. The only question is what are you going to do between now and then?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #23

Heavyweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 21 2010, 04:15 PM) *
My sister got caught in the EST web deep in a previous millenium. I was considerably younger than you and in transition from the USMC to pseudo private enterprise. My sister was getting all fucked up, IMO, so I decided to infiltrate the organization in San Francisco. Shortly after that they were exposed by the media and entangled in a slew of legal action.

They morphed like an amoeba into multiple, nearly identical, entities.

My other sister got attracted into one of those amoeba years later. I think it was called Frog Prince or something like that. I decided to infiltrate this organization, coincidentally in San Francisco again. I started a bit of an insurrection by taking control of a significant percentage of the zombies.

They made the fatal error of threatening to hold my sister hostage.

Yup. Landmark is the spawn of EST, started in San Fran and those fuckers HATE me. I had a red fucking flag on my back the entire weekend. I talked one person into dropping midway, my best friend dropped out midway, and during the last night of "transformation" (otherwise known as the sales night), I successfully talked 3 people out of walking the fuck out of there. I've never been glared at harder in my life.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

But like I said man, it's a fucking ego trip if you can stand up against these zombie masters and tell them to stick their philosophy up their fucking ass. And it's crazy how people will start following you after you do something like that. Shit man, the world really is composed of two types of people: Sheep and Wolves.

These groups utilize methods very similar to the USMC boot camp process. Break down the subject by erasing the individual identity. Then rebuild the individual's consciousness as a cohesive piece of the whole.

Once you control your fear, you are ready to play (rather than just be a prop) in The Game.

That's basically it in a nutshell. You either play or get played.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Oct 21 2010, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #24

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 21 2010, 11:57 AM) *
That's the fucking gospel man!

People call it The Game...that name is probably THE perfect description for life. Everything is a game...a puzzle...all you have to do is figure out how to play it.

Nah man, "The Game" is another one of these seminar brainwashing things but the premise is on how to pick up women. That shit works the same way too.

But I get what you're saying. Like Smarty said: player or a prop.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Oct 21 2010, 10:40 AM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #25

Heavyweight

Donnie Darko is my hero.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 21 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #26

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 21 2010, 11:34 AM) *
Nah man, "The Game" is another one of these seminar brainwashing things but the premise is on how to pick up women. That shit works the same way too.

But I get what you're saying. Like Smarty said: player or a prop.

I'm familiar with that book. Though it's true with getting laid, I was talking more about day-to-day type of shit. Working with people that are hard to work with. Getting egomaniacs to not just listen to your ideas, but to actually use them. Not just at work, but in everyday conversations.

Dale Carnegie wrote an excellent book a hundred years ago called "How to win friends and influence people." It's a great read. It ties in stories from history to help explain points...shit that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln did. Anyway, the premise is basically, kill them with kindness. Phrase things in ways that make people think that your ideas are their own. Make people WANT to work for you. Have integrity, and fess up when you make a mistake. Don't belittle people when they fall short, make them feel empowered.

These are things that everybody knows, but few exercise. It's like knowing the combination to a puzzle, and being surprised that trying something different doesn't solve it.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #27

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 21 2010, 06:19 PM) *
I'm familiar with that book. Though it's true with getting laid, I was talking more about day-to-day type of shit. Working with people that are hard to work with. Getting egomaniacs to not just listen to your ideas, but to actually use them. Not just at work, but in everyday conversations.

Dale Carnegie wrote an excellent book a hundred years ago called "How to win friends and influence people." It's a great read. It ties in stories from history to help explain points...shit that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln did. Anyway, the premise is basically, kill them with kindness. Phrase things in ways that make people think that your ideas are their own. Make people WANT to work for you. Have integrity, and fess up when you make a mistake. Don't belittle people when they fall short, make them feel empowered.

These are things that everybody knows, but few exercise. It's like knowing the combination to a puzzle, and being surprised that trying something different doesn't solve it.

Oh yeah I've read Dale Carnegie's book a few years ago. Like you said, basic yet awesome principles. I've also read The Game, which has things that actually work talking to women, but they do try to enroll you in this whole seminar series thing that costs thousands, and the technique they use is similar to Landmark, just not as abusive. There's another book I've read, "Fire In the Belly" which is a pretty awesome book about where we get our definition of manhood and how to operate outside of what society tells you. "Art of Seduction", "48 Laws of Power" and "33 Laws of War" is a good series that uses historical references about how all the great leaders throughout the world ruled their societies and conversely, how they lost them. In all honesty, I'm just fascinated with social experiments and putting myself in the middle of em just to see first hand what kind of things it does to the mind.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Oct 21 2010, 02:03 PM

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 21 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #28

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

Shit like that's interesting to me too. I was a Psych major for a short time in college, but changed when I realized that I didn't want to deal with people that are fucked up for the rest of my life.

The Art of War is another old book that stays relevant.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Oct 21 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 22 2010, 05:19 AM) *

I began reading that book, though haven't read in a few weeks, but I started that one and probably should read again soon before I leave it too long, lol.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Oct 21 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #30

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 21 2010, 09:54 PM) *
I began reading that book, though haven't read in a few weeks, but I started that one and probably should read again soon before I leave it too long, lol.

It's a good intro into that world, but if you REALLY wanna get into it, check out "The Blueprint" by Tyler Durden. It's a video you can probably torrent. That shit is intense.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:17 AM