Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David Lemieux, The middleweight future
King Eugene
post Jun 13 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #11

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

He is still early in his career and lacks experience but he's getting better with every fight. They are moving him alone at a pretty descent pace. He's fighting for Sergio's stripped WBO belt in July. He has speed power and descent footwork. He's good at creating angles as well and put together nice combos. Not sure how his chin is since it hasn't been tested but I think once he get to the elite he'll be there for a while.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Jun 14 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #12

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 13 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Daniel Jacobs is nothing special but he wipes his ass with Lemieux. One thing Jacobs has going for him is a wonderful Jab. He does bring a little bit of speed to the table and he's not afraid to put together 5 or 6 punch combinations. But like I said... I don't think too much of Jacobs either.

Lemieux is young...nothing more than a prospect to me right now. Maybe he will be something, maybe he won't. From what I have seen of Jacobs, even now I don't think he would put it on Lemieux...could he win? Sure. Should he win? Probably.

I have seen a lot of Jacobs and I don't get the hype. Sure, he has a nice stick...but he doesn't really seem like he has any special qualities, whether it be power, defense, feet, hand speed...I don't know. The youngsters at middle are not the most inspiring in the sport, maybe they will develop over the next couple of years.

+Quote Post
JD
post Jun 14 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #13

First Ballot

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 13 2010, 10:28 PM) *
He is still early in his career and lacks experience but he's getting better with every fight. They are moving him alone at a pretty descent pace. He's fighting for Sergio's stripped WBO belt in July. He has speed power and descent footwork. He's good at creating angles as well and put together nice combos. Not sure how his chin is since it hasn't been tested but I think once he get to the elite he'll be there for a while.

Jacobs is only 23...he does have that going for him. I guess if he is fighting for a strap he is no longer prospect level...but upside wise, I don't see what has warranted all the attention and effort to push him by GBP.

Look, I hope he becomes great, boxing needs as many top fighters as possible, I just don't see what will make him great.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jun 14 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #14

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Lemieux is good...for a kid from a tertiary Boxing nation.

If he fought Jacobs tomorrow under fair and square conditions, I'd take the latter over him without hesitation...

The young, Fernando Guerrero, would whoop his ass too...

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jun 14 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #15

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 10:09 AM) *
Lemieux is good...for a kid from a tertiary Boxing nation.

If he fought Jacobs tomorrow under fair and square conditions, I'd take the latter over him without hesitation...

The young, Fernando Guerrero, would whoop his ass too...

Ive seen Guerrero in person and I watched him train a few times... This kid is the "TRUTH"! He's a future p4p player.

This post has been edited by D-MARV: Jun 14 2010, 10:31 AM

+Quote Post
JD
post Jun 14 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #16

First Ballot

I would take Guerrero over Lemieux or Jacobs.

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Jun 14 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

So no love for Lemieux? I am personally super confident that he will be the one everybody is talking about in 2011. Lemieux, if the fights get made, will knock Guerrero out before the bell for round 5 tolls. Jacobs might be a good prospect but I'm sure he wont be the pick of the crop. Pirog is moving along fast and he' s the best of the rest alongside Hassan N'Dam N'jikam, whose flashy style has made a fan of me. Its always a guessing game trying to assess who will be the next best damn thing and some of us might end up red faced this time next year but my pick is to stick with Lemieux. I hope they put him in with Duddy next but a better option could be Vera who looked OK in his win over Demers.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jun 14 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #18

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Yep. No love for him here...

I predict Lemieux will still be in Montreal this time next year....having padded his resume with a few more wins and protecting that 0...

I basically see him goin' The Protected Homeboy Route for as long as he can...just like his countryman, Bute, has done so far...

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jun 14 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 03:10 PM) *
Yep. No love for him here...

I predict Lemieux will still be in Montreal this time next year....having padded his resume with a few more wins and protecting that 0...

I basically see him goin' The Protected Homeboy Route for as long as he can...just like his countryman, Bute, has done so far...

That's pretty standard Montreal Boxing matchmaking right there: Feed the guy a couple of stiffs and then, when an opportunity arises to fight a vastly superior fighter, rush him in there unprepared. Lemieux is a good talent but he should start fighting some contenders before he rushes out to fight any big names, otherwise the only "future" he will have is that of a premature loss on his record.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jun 14 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

Lemieux is the next big thing in Canada. He's mature beyond his years and is a feared puncher who picks his spots meticulously. I do agree that although he has stepped up his level of competition, he's hasn't been challenged. I'd like to see him take 2 more fights vs tough veteran opposition such as Marco Antonio Rubio, Kassim Ouma, Peter Manfredo, Karmazin, Mundine etc. before stepping into the ring for a title shot

gotta keep in mind hes only 21 and still veryraw at this point in his career he will only get better

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Jun 14 2010, 07:19 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 02:21 AM