D-MARV
post Aug 2 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #41

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 2 2010, 09:43 PM) *
WRONG!

From what I remember, the Floyd Fans had their own little Pacman hate vehicle, but anytime someone tries to start a Floyd Hate Wagon around here, that shit never takes off.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

We're critical of those that need to be criticized. It just so happens that Floyd has OWNED that shit recently...

WRONG!

Actually the Pacman Hate vehicle was invented by someone who is NOT a Floyd fan.

And I do remember seeing a Mayweather Hate Wagon though I forgot who started it. Anyways, a lot of the Floyd hatred has been ignited by Floyd himself so it's all funny at the end of the day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 2 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #42

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 2 2010, 09:43 PM) *
WRONG!

From what I remember, the Floyd Fans had their own little Pacman hate vehicle, but anytime someone tries to start a Floyd Hate Wagon around here, that shit never takes off.

We're critical of those that need to be criticized. It just so happens that Floyd has OWNED that shit recently...

LOL...pretty much. Plus, there aren't many Pacmaniacs left around here.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Aug 2 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #43

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

Torvix was the last of a dying breed.

I wonder if the Floyd Fanboys know how much they resemble this guy...

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 2 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #44

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 3 2010, 01:43 AM) *
WRONG!

LMAO. You're inability to distinguish an anti-Pac fan from a Floyd fan just shows how much you have Pacquiao's nuts down your throat.

Plus, there aren't many Pacmaniacs left around here.

Not claiming people here are Pacmaniacs, just that most posters seem more lenient on Pac's actions when him and his team are pulling damn near the same hypocritical BS that Mayweather does.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 2 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #45

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 3 2010, 05:10 AM) *
What about news content here? Don't read every single bit, but do you think it's pro Pacquiao and anti Mayweather? I think content seems opposite

It's no secret that Hype is a Mayweather defender, but quite honestly, it's hard to argue any of his points. I mean I've read through all of the negotiations page and I haven't really seen anyone that could.

I definitely think the overall media is more on Pacquiao's side so maybe the pro-Mayweather content is just a reaction to present the other side, just like maybe the community board's slight (again, it's very slight, but it's there) pro-Pacquiao vibe is a reaction to the site's content.

Don't get me wrong, some posters call it straight down the middle, but DMarv's right in saying that damn near every gossip tabloid headline piece of news involving Floyd's name gets its own separate thread here. I guess he's just played up the villain persona pretty damn well.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 3 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #46

First Ballot

QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 2 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Not claiming people here are Pacmaniacs, just that most posters seem more lenient on Pac's actions when him and his team are pulling damn near the same hypocritical BS that Mayweather does.

Ross Greenburg would disagree with that statement.

As I said from the very beginning, both sides are at fault for the fight not happening, but this denying negotiations shit is ridiculous, unless of course, Yessir-be was legitimately in the dark here on any conversations that took place...which I guess is quite possible. I thought it was pretty clear that the two people who didn't want this fight to happen were Arum and Mayweather; Arum because he makes more money, and Floyd because he no longer needs money. In the end, I think there is probably one guy in boxing who cares less about the fans than Bob Arum, and that's Floyd...and if you wanted to tell me you that I should flip-flop Arum and Floyd, I don't think I would argue.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 3 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #47

Heavyweight

QUOTE (JD @ Aug 3 2010, 01:00 PM) *
Ross Greenburg would disagree with that statement.

As I said from the very beginning, both sides are at fault for the fight not happening, but this denying negotiations shit is ridiculous, unless of course, Yessir-be was legitimately in the dark here on any conversations that took place...which I guess is quite possible. I thought it was pretty clear that the two people who didn't want this fight to happen were Arum and Mayweather; Arum because he makes more money, and Floyd because he no longer needs money. In the end, I think there is probably one guy in boxing who cares less about the fans than Bob Arum, and that's Floyd...and if you wanted to tell me you that I should flip-flop Arum and Floyd, I don't think I would argue.

I'm not saying Mayweather doesn't do dumb shit, because that whole "negotiations never happened" ploy was pretty dumb, but I just feel more people in the general public rip on him for things like that when Team Pacquiao has done some stupid things as well. Again, some posters call it straight down the middle, (I'd include you in that list), but the overall vibe I get off this board is more leniency towards Pac and anyone who tries to scale back the Floyd bashing is a "nuthugger".

+Quote Post
PR316
post Aug 3 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

I used to feel both sides were at fault, but to me its now clear that it was Mayweather all along.

He's the one that doesn't wanna fight. He's the one that has made excuse after excuse. Pacquiao has been ready the whole time for whenever Floyd decides he wants to fight.

He's now even agreed to all of Mayweather's terms and Floyd's excuse now is "I'm not thinking about boxing right now, I just want to relax"

Translation- "Fuck boxing and fuck all the fans and media because I'm Money Mayweather everything I do is right".

Need not remind that boxing is what made him. Not to also mention that the very same media and fans whom he expects to cover and buy his next NON-Pacquiao pay per view, are the ones he's really fucking in the ass here.

That whole "I wanna clean up boxing" thing was a ploy. It was nothing more than an escape route to avoid getting in the ring with Pacquiao.

This post has been edited by PR316: Aug 3 2010, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 3 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #49

First Ballot

QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 3 2010, 12:19 PM) *
I'm not saying Mayweather doesn't do dumb shit, because that whole "negotiations never happened" ploy was pretty dumb, but I just feel more people in the general public rip on him for things like that when Team Pacquiao has done some stupid things as well. Again, some posters call it straight down the middle, (I'd include you in that list), but the overall vibe I get off this board is more leniency towards Pac and anyone who tries to scale back the Floyd bashing is a "nuthugger".

He probably gets more leniency because many just feel as though Floyd is not likable, and in turn, are tired of his rhetoric while not really wanting to make the fights people want to see. Demeanor has a lot to do with how people react. Plus, Pacquiao actually is fighting and he isn't taking a prolonged / undefined break after just coming back from retiring.

As far as the PR war goes, Team Mayweather was like a bunch of kids trying to play around with a grown man in Arum...and he took them to school. Hence the fallout we are seeing. Add to it Team Mayweather's reaction and the damage control after Floyd said he just was not interested in boxing - and that's where we are now. The denial of any sort of negotiations combined with Greenburg, who in fact was the middle man and has had plenty of issues with Arum in the past, coming out and confirming what Arum said was a bad look for them...especially Ellerbe who jumped on the grenade.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 3 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #50

Heavyweight

QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 3 2010, 04:25 PM) *
I used to feel both sides were at fault, but to me its now clear that it was Mayweather all along.

He's the one that doesn't wanna fight. He's the one that has made excuse after excuse. Pacquiao has been ready the whole time for whenever Floyd decides he wants to fight.

He's now even agreed to all of Mayweather's terms and Floyd's excuse now is "I'm not thinking about boxing right now, I just want to relax"

Translation- "Fuck boxing and fuck all the fans and media because I'm Money Mayweather everything I do is right".

Need not remind that boxing is what made him. Not to also mention that the very same media and fans whom he expects to cover and buy his next NON-Pacquiao pay per view, are the ones he's really fucking in the ass here.

That whole "I wanna clean up boxing" thing was a ploy. It was nothing more than an escape route to avoid getting in the ring with Pacquiao.

Well we'll never know if that's true since Pacquiao never agreed to testing up to the date of the fight.

I'm past arguing which side was justified with which demands, but I will say that Pacquiao was not "ready the whole time" when he was holding firm on the 14-day cut off.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Aug 3 2010, 12:01 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 05:25 PM