IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why is Danny Garcia Fighting Another Nobody? (Salka), Will The Fight Be Competitive? (WBC/WBA-No Sanction Post #14)
Will This Fight Be Surprisingly Competitive?
Will Garcia-Salka Be Competitive?
Yes [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
No [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
Unsure [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Dolimite
post Jul 27 2014, 05:20 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 24 2014, 10:45 PM) *
A good take on the real reason why the fight sucks from boxingforum24.com:

"The people defending this matchup are missing the point. Surely Danny Garcia, as the champion, can fight whomever he chooses. If he wants a tune-up, I can''t begrudge him the fact. The issue comes down to Showtime putting up the money to air this mismatch. The figures aren't out, but I'd reckon he'll get somewhere in the $1 million range that Guerrero got for his comeback at Stub Hub Center last month.

I understand Espinoza probably has to give Haymon whatever he wants as a result of the Mayweather deal. Unfortunately, subscribers are subsidizing Espinoza's commitment to Haymon. For every $1 million that goes to Danny Garcia fighting a scrub, that's $1 million less that goes to fights that the fans actually want to see. I don't want my $13-15 a month going directly into the pockets of Mr. Haymon. This only emboldens him to continue and make these types of cash grabs in the future...."

Credit:Boxingforum24.com:

http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.ph...1428&page=6

The point being is that Showtime's Steven Espinoza should have said no to this match. Is this going to be the future of boxing without Richard Schaefer at the helm at Showtime? Who do you blame most for this? Showtime, Steve Espinoza, Al Haymon, or Oscar Delahoya, or even Eric Gomez who scouts opponents for Golden Boy? It seems to be more about protecting Garcia's "O" than taking a risk? Perhaps understandable for an up-and-comer, but not for a unified world champion.

I wonder how the New York crowds and people of Philadelphia are reacting? Do they see the mismatch that the rest of the world sees on paper? Are they going just to see Danny KO anybody? Why even go to this match in the first place? It's bad no matter how it is viewed!

Jack

Like I say about Pac and his career, it is THEIR career. He could of said NO, Danny could of said NO! I give Saul Canelo credit! He ask for the big names. That is how you build your name. Danny is nut hugging his 0. Fuck this fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 27 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 24 2014, 09:57 PM) *
Very true. I'd love to see him in with Peterson or even a rematch with Herrera. I looked at the rankings at 140 and most of the guys recently fought or were already beaten by Garcia. Peterson should have been the guy this time out, no question. i guess this is a showcase fight for both guys, so they can fight later this year... They should have just fought each other.

I hope Garcia looks like shit. Peterson gets a slight pass from me because he called out Garcia but the fight ain't happen. I think Danny and Peterson might be a co feature for May 5th 2015.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 27 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #33

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 27 2014, 06:33 PM) *
I hope Garcia looks like shit. Peterson gets a slight pass from me because he called out Garcia but the fight ain't happen. I think Danny and Peterson might be a co feature for May 5th 2015.

Maurico Suliman said that Danny was allowed to make one voluntary defense, against a ranked contender, (which is typically in the top 15.) but choose Salka instead, who is rated #75! They can't approve this as a title fight. Because, Danny is not even fighting an approved contender, if Garcia loses, the title will be vacant:

"The WBC is not sanctioning the Garcia versus Salka fight,” he said in a statement given to ESPN.com. “Danny Garcia had the opportunity to do one voluntary defense before his mandatory and he opted to fight Salka, who is not eligible to fight for the title. It will not be a WBC title defense. If Garcia loses, the title will be declared vacant. If Garcia wins, he will make his mandatory defense after Salka."

Credit: ESPN Boxing

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/9945/at-least-garcia-salka-isnt-for-a-world-title

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 27 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 25 2014, 01:57 AM) *
Very true. I'd love to see him in with Peterson or even a rematch with Herrera. I looked at the rankings at 140 and most of the guys recently fought or were already beaten by Garcia. Peterson should have been the guy this time out, no question. i guess this is a showcase fight for both guys, so they can fight later this year... They should have just fought each other.

That's probably what's gonna happen...we'll probably end up getting Porter/Thurman and Garcia/Peterson on two separate cards in December. If we were to get that, then I will gladly STFU until May 2nd for another good card....surely some other good cards will be made before then.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 27 2014, 10:39 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

DG is fighting a nobody because he doesn't want to risk being exposed anymore than what happened in his last fight (I thought he lost it) and he his dad have planned to milk the cow a little bit (make some money) but it would be a shame if he loses this next one even more obvious than his last fight.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 28 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #36

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 27 2014, 10:39 PM) *
DG is fighting a nobody because he doesn't want to risk being exposed anymore than what happened in his last fight (I thought he lost it) and he his dad have planned to milk the cow a little bit (make some money) but it would be a shame if he loses this next one even more obvious than his last fight.

Honestly,

I would LOVE Garcia to lose against this bum! Teach Al Haymon, Steve Espinosa, Showtime and he a lesson against trying to pull the wool over the subscribers' eyes by masquerading Rod Salka as a legitimate opponent. Garcia even loses WBC title recognition if Salka wins. Good for the WBC in this case! The powers that be deserve every stench, boo, and hiss that may be thrown at them for this fight.

Jack

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:14 AM