> Danny Garcia vs Lamont Peterson Unification, Thoughts
Cshel86
post Apr 23 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2014, 12:37 PM) *
It might, it's not the first time something like this has happened. Oscar is beloved but many Mexicans didn't rock with him I. His career and he came out alright

...because Oscar wanted to be Puerto Rican, and not Mexican...they saw right through him. As you mentioned, his career turned out fine, and Garter Belt Promotions is doing good nowadays.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2014, 12:40 PM) *
Your right because I forgot about that fight. I do hope this is Garcia's last fight at 140. I'd like to see him fight again towards the end of the year at 147 to see how he handles himself with those guys

Me too...or hopefully he at least tries 144 first. I'm not a big fan of guys moving up gradually like that (don't ask why, lol), but sometimes it's necessary. Some guys move up in weight and are solid, and some guys end up with the retired stripper body for their first couple of fights. Danny has a pretty decent chin, so hopefully he can with most of the WWs out there.

I'm also wondering if his power will carry to 47. Sometimes, guys are stronger when they move up, because they kill themselves making the lower weights, but some guys move up and end up shitting their pants, because those punches don't hurt the bigger guys. Lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 23 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2014, 12:15 PM) *
...because Oscar wanted to be Puerto Rican, and not Mexican...they saw right through him. As you mentioned, his career turned out fine, and Garter Belt Promotions is doing good nowadays.

Me too...or hopefully he at least tries 144 first. I'm not a big fan of guys moving up gradually like that (don't ask why, lol), but sometimes it's necessary. Some guys move up in weight and are solid, and some guys end up with the retired stripper body for their first couple of fights. Danny has a pretty decent chin, so hopefully he can with most of the WWs out there.

I'm also wondering if his power will carry to 47. Sometimes, guys are stronger when they move up, because they kill themselves making the lower weights, but some guys move up and end up shitting their pants, because those punches don't hurt the bigger guys. Lol

Classic lol

I do remember that the general opinion on Oscar in his early days was that he wasn't a real Mexican. And him defeating Chavez Sr ddin't help his cause either

144 sounds like a decent weight for him to get himself and his body acclimated to the weight, I really don't want to see Danny looking like the 2nd coming of George Foreman at WW lol

That's what I want to find out, what if he's in a fight with Porter down the line, can his power hold up and will his chin hold up under the pressure of WW's

+Quote Post
theboxingchannel...
post Apr 30 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #33

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,165

I lean toward danny will destroy Peterson. Why did Peterson fight matthysse at 141 anyway? Garcia should already be the unified champion at 140

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:35 PM