IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 19 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

Bout time we no longer have to speculate (though we really weren't for the most part) on who he's fighting. This Showrime deal is one hell of a surprise! I know the HBO folks are hotter than fish grease right now!

Side Note: If Floyd is fighting on Showtime does that mean Broner "can't" be on the card? I'm very curious about everyone that will be fighting that night.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 19 2013, 01:26 PM) *
Don't quote me on this but I believe they said it was a 30 month deal. 2 fights a year or so..?

yea it was 30 i made a typo my bad. lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 19 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 19 2013, 11:23 AM) *
He will fight 6 times within the next 60 months. He better stay far away from all the pussy thats around him. I'm hypothesizing that he's probably guaranteed $300M for this deal (50M/fight) NOT including his cut of the PPV. "MONEY" never seemed so suiting to go before Mayweather at this point.

Who the hell will he fight in 6 fights? The givens are Robert Guerrero and Alvarez vs. Trout winner.

I he'll probably fight winner of Alexander Brook. MAYBE K9 if he beats his fighter as well. But i cant think of any other 3 possible opponents he can fight within the next 30 months besides Brook/Alexander winner, Trout/Alvarez winner, and Guerrero..

Who thinks that 0 will go?

Let the rumors that he is going broke and this is why he needs to fight six more times.

Six fights he maybe getting

1. Robert
2. Alvarez/Trout winnter
3. Pacquiao (trust me)
4. Alexander/Brooks winner
5. Sergio Martinez at 154
6. Bradley (Arum is tired of this guy so he will be happily to cash him out.

I do not say K9 getting a fight because he has no name so let the Mayweather sweepstakes begin.

CShels now wasn't this worth the wait? He was having a bidding war between HBO and Showtime. And Showtime won, I know HBO has to be somewhat peeved. Someone is getting fired. lol. Well played Team Haymon and Mayweather. Roger Mayweather please get better!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 19 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #14

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 12:22 PM) *
Maybe this took so long. I hope everyone is happy. A six fight deal? Which means he will be fighting until either 38 or 39. 2 fights a year. How much money is he getting? Someone from HBO is beyond pissed. LOL

LOL!!!! I love watching HBO eating Crow just about now!!! Lamply's probably crying! He got new pom-poms just for Floyd's next fight at HBO and now he can't use them!

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 19 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 19 2013, 11:30 AM) *
LOL!!!! I love watching HBO eating Crow just about now!!! Lamply's probably crying! He got new pom-poms just for Floyd's next fight at HBO and now he can't use them!

Jack

Jack you know why I am mostly happy? I don't have to hear Kellerman for the next 30 months with his bitch monotone voice trying to sound smart and daring. Cursing does not give you street cred! Not only that but those glasses that Lampley wears I don't have see. HBO just lost a big fish. See what happens when you don't back your main gun, he leaves. Just like not treating your lady to the very best, she finds a dude that will treat her right and sex how she likes it.

Showtime big ups! Welp Broner will be the next to go to showtime. HBO has no one! LOL Homeless Boxing Office!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 19 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I can give two piles of rat shit about the opponent here...but that Showtime deal though...

I've been saying this all along that HBO is going to get what's coming to them, for having their noses so high in the air about "landing" the "greatest fight that never happened". Showtime's got the juice now.

Pacquiao can still fight on HBO PPV and bring in lots of money, so they haven't completely lost here. The sad thing is, GBP and Mayweather work together, so not only will we be seeing these quadruple-headers on Showtime, but they're PPV numbers are sure to rise now. Hell, what was the last Showtime PPV??? Cotto/Mayorga back in 2011?! Hell, that's the last on that I ordered...help me out here.

Let's be real here...Floyd aint fighting 6 more times, regardless of what's being reported. HBO will still have some pretty good cards being aired, but this was one of the signs of the apocalypse for them.

Not only did they NOT get the megafight, they've sure as shit lost one of the fighters for that same fight. So, if it ever happens, it's going to be on Showtime...good...that serves HBO right. So everybody from the back to the front, janitor, mail courier, camera man, etc. better have a diaper on, because this is looking bad.

Now, had only Lou DiBella still been the matchmaker for HBO...hmm....

Honestly, not much has changed here, it's not like Floyd fights often anyway. I'll still watch B.A.D. and Championship Boxing like none of this ever happened. Besides, that's what we all watch in between the big PPV fights anyway.

Oh HBO, good luck on your huge PPV numbers...better hope Arum doesn't decide to do something crazy too.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/445532_zps440f887f.jpg)

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Let the rumors that he is going broke and this is why he needs to fight six more times.

Six fights he maybe getting

1. Robert
2. Alvarez/Trout winnter
3. Pacquiao (trust me)
4. Alexander/Brooks winner
5. Sergio Martinez at 154
6. Bradley (Arum is tired of this guy so he will be happily to cash him out.

I do not say K9 getting a fight because he has no name so let the Mayweather sweepstakes begin.

CShels now wasn't this worth the wait? He was having a bidding war between HBO and Showtime. And Showtime won, I know HBO has to be somewhat peeved. Someone is getting fired. lol. Well played Team Haymon and Mayweather. Roger Mayweather please get better!

What's makes it worse for HBO is half of those fighters you mentioned (Pacquaio, Bradley, Martinez) are HBO fighters lmao. AND on BoxRec.com it says Broner (HBO fighter) is fighting on May 4 at the MGM Grand. Lampley and Kellerman just need to retire.. I will miss HBO 24/7's narrator and Andre Ward's/Roy Jones's commentary however. If your list comes into fruition (WHICH I HOPE IT DOES) I better never hear the names Maywearher, Margarito, and Paul Williams spoken in the same breath again

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Feb 19 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

No more Mayweather 24/7..(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #19

Bantamweight

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 19 2013, 01:56 PM) *
No more Mayweather 24/7..(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Showtime has fight camp 360 so it shouldnt be that bad lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 19 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Wow!! Now Floyd is officially the King of Boxing and no, his 0 won't go!!

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 11:59 PM