Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who should feel like the bigger loser: Khan or Broner
mgrover
post Feb 25 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

the public for this fight. Am more interested in the undercard for May 3rd than the main event
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 25 2014, 07:13 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Khan. Broner never had a rematch clause. Khan should have stayed active and made a name for himself

I think this is a good fight, maidana has been in 1 boring fight that I've seen. Almost all of the rest have been foty candidates. This can be a good fight, better believe he isn't going let his hands go like Robert and canelo

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 26 2014, 06:08 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Also I have a feeling Khan will do something stupid like come back and fight Porter if Golden Boy wants to make that fight, now that fight would be fast god damn

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 26 2014, 07:26 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

These two guys dont have to feel like losers. They should fight each other. Win/win all the way around.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 26 2014, 08:37 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 26 2014, 12:26 PM) *
These two guys dont have to feel like losers. They should fight each other. Win/win all the way around.

See Khan doesnt wanna stay at 140lb, and Broner needs to go back down, if they have this fight, what which ever weight the fights lose there, realistically Broner doesn't need to take two losses in a row, and Khan is on the path to "rebuild" his career/cash out, if hes cashing out, it wouldnt work well for Broner to lose to him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 02:58 PM) *
Amir and Broner would be a great fight.... So how was the circus?

Totally read over this part, but man, the circus was great bro! Just to think about, I've never been to a circus...had to think long and hard about whether I've gone to one, but it's been nothing but fairs and carnivals.

I got a little tired of the "strong people" and the contortionists...it got a bit boring. The actual show and fan participation made it that much better. I really like how they trained those damn dogs...I mean they were jumping through hoops and riding scooters and shit...made me mad at my dogs when I got home.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 26 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 07:19 AM) *
Totally read over this part, but man, the circus was great bro! Just to think about, I've never been to a circus...had to think long and hard about whether I've gone to one, but it's been nothing but fairs and carnivals.

I got a little tired of the "strong people" and the contortionists...it got a bit boring. The actual show and fan participation made it that much better. I really like how they trained those damn dogs...I mean they were jumping through hoops and riding scooters and shit...made me mad at my dogs when I got home.

I heard Universal Soul Circus was good. Dogs that ride scooters? Wow.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 04:02 PM) *
I grown since then!

So where does Khan go from here? He can't just fight any fighter without people shitting on him for his selection. Bradley maybe laughing his ass off, but for a guy that beat both Pac and Marquez, he has 0 face recognition with casual fans. Khan can at least be mobbed by fans. Bradley is in a good position. I just hope that he pressures Arum to give him stiff competition. If he beats Pac then where does he go? Rios?

Broner has to be a little heated, but at the same time he does sit in a great position. He can actually pick his opponent, Broner, whoever he fights, will be the A side of the fight. Broner will be the co feature.

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-discusses-...ure-more--75025

Yes you have grown...you've stopped calling Floyd "May" (which was a bit gay, by the way), and you're averaging 2 Floyd threads a month...you sir, have made it. Lol

Anyhow, Khan still has options, but I know he wanted that money...BAD...who wouldn't? The thing is, I don't think people really care who he fights, as long as it isn't a midget Molina, or somebody that nobody cares about. As most of you guys have said in this thread...Khan is hardly ever in a boring fight.

In a way, Broner isn't in the greatest position, now that I think about it. He pretty much has the "Berto syndrome" as well...he can no longer fight lesser opponents, now that he's been beaten. He has no choice but to step up and face either noteworthy opponents, or B-level guys with names. He's still going to be the A-side with whomever he fights, but he can't fight bums anymore.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 26 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 06:44 AM) *
Yes you have grown...you've stopped calling Floyd "May" (which was a bit gay, by the way), and you're averaging 2 Floyd threads a month...you sir, have made it. Lol

Anyhow, Khan still has options, but I know he wanted that money...BAD...who wouldn't? The thing is, I don't think people really care who he fights, as long as it isn't a midget Molina, or somebody that nobody cares about. As most of you guys have said in this thread...Khan is hardly ever in a boring fight.

In a way, Broner isn't in the greatest position, now that I think about it. He pretty much has the "Berto syndrome" as well...he can no longer fight lesser opponents, now that he's been beaten. He has no choice but to step up and face either noteworthy opponents, or B-level guys with names. He's still going to be the A-side with whomever he fights, but he can't fight bums anymore.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

So Broner does not get the Canelo treatment? I think Angulo is a good boxer, but he has been in some wars and is shop worn, plus he only fights one way. Saul, can easily out box him. I think Broner should fight at 140 as everyone has been saying. His power does not carry to 147 and he is still growing as a fighter. Hey, he could fight Ortiz or Zab Judah! There you go. Broner vs. Zudah. I don't think Zab has much left in the tank, what do you think? If he does fight Zab it won't be a co-feature, Khan vs. Thurman would be.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 26 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Broner will be the future Zab if he don't play his cards right.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:28 PM