IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@8:30PM(PT)/10:30PM(ET)-Broner vs. Reese-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Jack 1000
post Feb 18 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #91

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 18 2013, 10:53 AM) *
The only thing with Broner that can be compared to Floyd is the STYLE. And STYLE doesn't mean effectiveness. He looks similar when he fights, but he is not as effective as Floyd - defense and offense-wise. To me he fights in the similar fashion as Floyd did against Augustus, but he fights like that all the time. I don't know whether it is based on his own decision or his inability to be more defensive and cover up better.

The biggest problem of THE problem is that he has not been tested yet. After someone gives him run for his money, then I'll know more.

Agree 100% Can "The Problem" deal with solving the problem of being hit and coming back when hurt? Can he deal with adversity? When we see a few fights where he has had to do that, a better assessment can be made.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 18 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #92

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 18 2013, 12:18 PM) *
^I agree but if Matthysse v Broner gets made Broner isn't gonna fight in the same way he fought Rees.

I'm in full agreement with you on him fighting better competition differently. BUT can you say that you believe that Adrien Broner will be more focused in the ring against better opposition? I sure as hell cant. He's the class clown TYpe of guy and an attention whore. I hope his antics dont result in him losing a fight. But stupidiTY should be painful. Either way we will find out in due time.

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Feb 18 2013, 01:45 PM

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 18 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #93

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 18 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Agree 100% Can "The Problem" deal with solving the problem of being hit and coming back when hurt? Can he deal with adversity? When we see a few fights where he has had to do that, a better assessment can be made.

Jack

Can he turn into a dragon and spit fireballs? Thats what I want to know

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 18 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #94

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 18 2013, 12:46 PM) *

LOL!!! I'll bet Max Kellerman thinks Broner can change the world the way he was on his dick all telecast! hahahaha!! However, I noticed that Lamply actually gave Reese some credit when he did well in the first two rounds. The team didn't sit silent when "Their favorite son isn't doing well." Like they have for some other fights. Broner took some good shots early from an alleged 80-1 longshot!

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 18 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I disagree. Broner seemed to be clowning around because of his opposition. You didn't see him clowning around against demarco (a knockout artist) or escobedo. I think he came in and knew his boy couldn't pop and just got irresponsible on D because he figured he could take his shots and clown around.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 18 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #96

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 18 2013, 12:18 PM) *
^I agree but if Matthysse v Broner gets made Broner isn't gonna fight in the same way he fought Rees.

I agree here and I agree with mitukczuk when speeking on effectiveness.

I don't have a Problem with the way Broner fights, because it's entertaining, but so far (I'm guessing because of his opposition), he's shown his vulnerabilities that could play to the favor of a stacked 140lbs. 147lbs. division.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 18 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #97

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 18 2013, 01:46 PM) *

lol that is the question. i think he's got more work to do before that evolution takes place.

even when broner is a clown i don't think it necessarily means he isn't focused. he is just trying to beat opponents and stand out from the rest of the new guys. his persona could become his downfall but that is only if we see him acting a fool in the ring with someone that can push his head back and make the feet follow too.

i think it is alright to act like a dickhead if you can afford to, though it isn't like that when you are across the ring from a clown

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 19 2013, 03:16 AM
Post #98

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Probably the next p4p king as long as he doesn't do something stupid, well him or Ward. I mean sure when May weather retires the throne will be empty but you shouldn't just move someone up because there's no one better. He seems fine with facing all comers but really needs to unify and move on

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 19 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #99

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Time to put Broner in there with a real live dog his size.... that can punch to see what he really has. He has not faced anyone as dangerous as Floyd did at a younger age in Gennaro Hernandez or Angel Manfreddy

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Feb 19 2013, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 22 2013, 07:03 AM
Post #100

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Thebruntje @ Feb 18 2013, 11:50 AM) *
Broner is very skilled and talented but he didn't show us yet that he's the complete package! He has been fighting the same way in his last fights, i don't see no
versatility. He has been able to impose his size advantage against his last opponents, all he has been doing lately is walking his opponents down while taking some punishment in the proces..My question is : What happens when he moves to 140 and faces big punchers like Mathysse, Garcia, Rios?
Against this guys he won't be able impose his size as he does now! IF Mathysse hits him clean like Rees did, Broner is going down!!
Broner is partially another hype job of Goldenboy, just like Canelo ! They're both young, very skilled, but until now they have been facing little men instead of quality opposition!

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 18 2013, 11:53 AM) *
The only thing with Broner that can be compared to Floyd is the STYLE. And STYLE doesn't mean effectiveness. He looks similar when he fights, but he is not as effective as Floyd - defense and offense-wise. To me he fights in the similar fashion as Floyd did against Augustus, but he fights like that all the time. I don't know whether it is based on his own decision or his inability to be more defensive and cover up better.

The biggest problem of THE problem is that he has not been tested yet. After someone gives him run for his money, then I'll know more.

People are being too easily sold on Broner. Just because he looks like a great (Mayweather), doesn't mean he is. They've done this to other people like Mosley who resembled SRR, and that vision fell short.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:29 AM