IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok guys.....Who is going to beat Lyoto Machida?
BigG
post May 24 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #1

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

?

He is the closest thing to unbeatable right now, IMO...might be the best fighter P4P
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saigon
post May 24 2009, 02:40 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,297

I agree nobody at LHW can beat Machida at this time. He should definitely get consideration on the P4P rankings but I still believe the throne belong's to Fedor Emelianenko.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post May 24 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #3

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

I don't give him the best P4P status yet, but good question. He's going to be tough to deal with.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post May 24 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

The only one I can see is Anderson Silva if he chooses to stay at Light Heavy after the Griffin fight. He has the speed and power to win and even he maybe over his head.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 24 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

i thought evans fought the wrong fight last night.. i thought he would have bulled machida but damn!!!! he got two pieced...lol.... not sure he can win but rampage jackson would fight him the way i think a fighter will have to fight him to have the best chance to beat him... and again that may not do the trick... machida is a big man for lt. heavy... he looks like a small heavyweight...

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 24 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (pcraw @ May 24 2009, 10:38 AM) *
I don't give him the best P4P status yet, but good question. He's going to be tough to deal with.

I'm with this...he's Top 10....but ain't no way Top 5....

+Quote Post
Saigon
post May 24 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 10,297

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 24 2009, 10:46 AM) *
i thought evans fought the wrong fight last night.. i thought he would have bulled machida but damn!!!! he got two pieced...lol.... not sure he can win but rampage jackson would fight him the way i think a fighter will have to fight him to have the best chance to beat him... and again that may not do the trick... machida is a big man for lt. heavy... he looks like a small heavyweight...

Evans had the right game plan. Machida is a counter striker and in this fight Machida was moving forward the whole time while Rashad was countering. Thiago Silva tried to stock Machida and he got blown away. Lyoto is just that good!

As for Rampage I think he only has a puncher's chance. He is to one dimensional. He just uses his hands and looks for that big knockout. Machida is better on the ground, better wrestler and a more 3 dimensional striker. Rampage pretty much does not stand a chance unless he lands that one big shot. Otherwise he loses in all aspects of MMA.

+Quote Post
Bill The Butcher
post May 24 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,654

Noone will beat Machida.

BoNzAi!

Seriously, he's an awesome counter striker. Elusive. Unfortunately for his opponents, he has a solid chin as well. Great take down defense. And if he needs to, he has the strength to toss people around. He just lulls his opponents by keeping a safe distance, feints, and does an occasional kick, one mistake from his opponent, he unleashes a barrage of punches. This guy is the real deal. He will be champ for a while.

Notice his speed and skill with his kicks? There was a couple of times where he would kick to the leg with his right leg, and then quickly do a high kick to the head with his left leg. That's money right there.

+Quote Post
BigG
post May 24 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

I believe Anderson Silva has the best chance but they are training partners and Anderson has stated before that they aren't gonna fight.

I really can't see him losing at all unless he gots to HW and fights Fedor..lol

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post May 24 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 24 2009, 05:19 PM) *
I believe Anderson Silva has the best chance but they are training partners and Anderson has stated before that they aren't gonna fight.

I really can't see him losing at all unless he gots to HW and fights Fedor..lol

Amen.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:28 PM