IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PASCAL AND HOPKINS REMATCH ORDERED BY WBC, HOPKINS VOWS TO BECOME OLDEST CHAMP IN ANY SPORT
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 9 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #11

ON the edge

Group: Members
Member No.: 240

I think Pascal-Hopkins II would look almost identical to the original, only that Hopkins doesn't get knocked down at all. I think he's a little more cautious in the opening rounds and doesn't get hooked with any of those shots or off balance shit and that he stays on his feet.

That said, Hopkins by comfortable decision due to no 10-8 rounds against him.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PR316
post Jan 9 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Jan 8 2011, 06:34 PM) *
I think Pascal could take Hopkins if he stayed busy in the fight. He looked older than Hopkins in the fight with his lack of activity. Not sure what the deal with that was.

Pascal has always been erratic. He fights in spurts. He's not like Calzaghe or Bute who let their hands go consistently.

Plus those bodyshots he took definitely played a part in him not being so eager to let his hands go. It was clear to see.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 9 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I had not seen Hopkins go to body like that in years...

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jan 10 2011, 07:54 AM
Post #14

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 9 2011, 10:02 AM) *
I think Pascal-Hopkins II would look almost identical to the original, only that Hopkins doesn't get knocked down at all. I think he's a little more cautious in the opening rounds and doesn't get hooked with any of those shots or off balance shit and that he stays on his feet.

That said, Hopkins by comfortable decision due to no 10-8 rounds against him.

If Hopkins starts slower, then he'll be in the same boat as the Taylor fights...too far behind to change the outcome.

Action, reaction. Start fast, risk getting iced. Start slow, risk losing on the cards.

I think it's possible that we'll see a Tarver-Jones 2 remake. Hopkins will come out, feeling like he has something to prove...then 'click'...out go the lights.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 10 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #15

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 10 2011, 07:54 AM) *
If Hopkins starts slower, then he'll be in the same boat as the Taylor fights...too far behind to change the outcome.

I said more cautious, not "slower." Cautious as in he now is aware of Pascal's hand speed and ability to catch him off balance and neutralize that in the EARLY rounds this time as he did in the LATE rounds last time. Hopkins didn't lose the late rounds the first time, so fight the opening rounds as he did the later ones.

And another thing, even if Hopkins loses a few early rounds he still owns the fight. He can lose 2 or 3 rounds 10-9, as long as he doesn't get knocked down he won't get "too far behind."

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 10 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 10 2011, 07:54 AM) *

Action, reaction. Start fast, risk getting iced. Start slow, risk losing on the cards.

I think it's possible that we'll see a Tarver-Jones 2 remake. Hopkins will come out, feeling like he has something to prove...then 'click'...out go the lights.

LMAO... Hopkins has one the best chins all time... after being knocked down he went after Pascal not fearing getting knocked down again... Hopkins is ring genius and he will not make the same mistakes... Pascal snuck in some quick surprising shots. the first shot he spun Hop and hit him in back of the head... the second knockdown was strange and looked like hops was hit in the upper body... Hopkins outworked the youthful fighter in terms of punches.. This may end up looking like Hopkins Mercado II... Pascal is athletic , but his muscle bound frame has him tight and causes him to gas... Hopkins and Nazim are going to bust this guys ass worse this time. Pascal is not skilled... he is athletic, a big difference

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 11 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #17

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

pascal is in a terrible position and its also the reason why i dont like them damn rematches clauses... to many are built into fights these days... if a guy loses get his ass to the back of the line and give other people a shot... thats my opinion... he beat dawson... that fight really didnt deserve a rematch... hopkins beat pascal... hopkins deserves this rematch... i respect the fact that pascal is honoring the rematch clause for dawson and i dont blame him uzz if he fights hop again any time soon hopkins probably knocks him out... im sure he loses to dawson this time around as well... no way pascal is ready for any top fighter after what he just experienced... matter of fact it was the kind of fight that potentially ruins fighters.. b hop fucked that boy up after that 3rd round and im sure mentally pascall knows he endured something im sure he didnt think could happen to him... he was reduced to being a lower b level rated opponent that night and he knows it...

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jan 11 2011, 08:50 AM
Post #18

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 10 2011, 04:39 PM) *
I said more cautious, not "slower." Cautious as in he now is aware of Pascal's hand speed and ability to catch him off balance and neutralize that in the EARLY rounds this time as he did in the LATE rounds last time. Hopkins didn't lose the late rounds the first time, so fight the opening rounds as he did the later ones.

And another thing, even if Hopkins loses a few early rounds he still owns the fight. He can lose 2 or 3 rounds 10-9, as long as he doesn't get knocked down he won't get "too far behind."

He didn't fight cautious late in the fight...he took it to him. The difference is that Pascal ran out of gas, and couldn't react as quickly as he did early. Not to mention those body shots added up. That won't be a luxury that Hops will enjoy early.

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jan 10 2011, 04:55 PM) *
LMAO... Hopkins has one the best chins all time... after being knocked down he went after Pascal not fearing getting knocked down again... Hopkins is ring genius and he will not make the same mistakes... Pascal snuck in some quick surprising shots. the first shot he spun Hop and hit him in back of the head... the second knockdown was strange and looked like hops was hit in the upper body... Hopkins outworked the youthful fighter in terms of punches.. This may end up looking like Hopkins Mercado II... Pascal is athletic , but his muscle bound frame has him tight and causes him to gas... Hopkins and Nazim are going to bust this guys ass worse this time. Pascal is not skilled... he is athletic, a big difference

Nobody is invincible. If Pascal hits Hopkins right, he'll fall down again.

+Quote Post
JD
post Jan 11 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #19

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

I was wrong the first time around as I picked a clear Pascal decision - but at the same time, it was alarming to see how much trouble Hopkins had with his athleticism early.

It was a strange fight and Pascal seemed to get too comfortable and gave Hopkins time to make adjustments, which in turn allowed him to go to the body. Hopkins should not come out guns blazing, but at the same time, if he falls into a hole again it will be hard to get out. I don't see a simple Hopkins win in the rematch at all like so many are calling here.

+Quote Post
Method
post Jan 11 2011, 09:35 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,253

Hopkins needs to tighten up a little bit. He proved he could take it to to the younger guy, but he needs to tighten up on his D a bit. I think he can take the dec, but he doesn't need to be suffering flash kd's (or kd's of any sort). He also doesnt neeed to be so reckless like he was in the 12th round. That was some sloppy stuff.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:10 AM