IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Red and Blue Corner, Is there more to it that meets the eye?
Gambit808
post Jun 27 2013, 02:46 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

This video featuring Mike Tyson got almost a year on it. It's around the time Floyd got out of lock down and him and 50 cent was "allegedly" about to form TMT Promotions. Mike talks about the ins and outs of boxing and at the same time warns 50 about how shady the buisness is, check it out.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_339NhpgmDw

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 27 2013, 09:00 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I haven't watched the video yet, but if I remember correctly...Tyson mentioned how the red corner and the blue corner represented Democrats and Republicans waaaay back in the days of boxing.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 27 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

it's not a bad way to settle disputes is it though? Not just as a sport but sometimes talking just isn't enough.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 27 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 10:00 AM) *
I haven't watched the video yet, but if I remember correctly...Tyson mentioned how the red corner and the blue corner represented Democrats and Republicans waaaay back in the days of boxing.

Is that some-what still the case in modern times? How much influence do these government nation have on boxing besides just hearing the national anthem or waving there flags?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jun 27 2013, 06:52 PM

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 27 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 27 2013, 02:55 PM) *
it's not a bad way to settle disputes is it though? Not just as a sport but sometimes talking just isn't enough.

No complaining here, I agree that it's not. My best guy against your best guy. If this is case in modern times it just shows that these fighters have more of the world on there shoulders than I think they even know.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 27 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 28 2013, 12:42 AM) *
No complaining here, I agree that it's not. My best guy against your best guy. If this is case in modern times it just shows that these fighters have more of the world on there shoulders than I think they even know.

if it was like that, I think governments would be forced to step in and ensure these fighters that represent there country on the national stage don't embarrass them.

I mean in the UK the soccer captain was sleeping around when he was married, now a lot of kids look up to him, can't let that man represent this country can they? so they stripped him.

it may mean boxing would finally become a government regulated sport.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jun 27 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 27 2013, 07:50 PM) *
if it was like that, I think governments would be forced to step in and ensure these fighters that represent there country on the national stage don't embarrass them.

I mean in the UK the soccer captain was sleeping around when he was married, now a lot of kids look up to him, can't let that man represent this country can they? so they stripped him.

it may mean boxing would finally become a government regulated sport.

But this is the fight game. Boxing and football are different. Surely if these men are waving flags and having national anthems at these events it would suggest some sort of governmental push under the table?

Look at me sounding like conspiracy theorist lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 27 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 28 2013, 01:01 AM) *
But this is the fight game. Boxing and football are different. Surely if these men are waving flags and having national anthems at these events it would suggest some sort of governmental push under the table?

Look at me sounding like conspiracy theorist lol

maybe but at the moment government don't like boxing, and never really have done since it's fallen out the limelight. I swear if something very controversial happened it wouldn't be too hard for them to ban it.

Are you sure? I swear I've heard many a national anthem at boxing matches and football matches haha

I mean if governments gave a shit, they'd want the best for there athlete, they'd want a level playing field, they'd happy push stuff like year round testing and what not.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 27 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

what mike is speaking on is the history of boxing in the u.s. back in the days of stuff like gangs of new york (the movie). boxing under the queensbury rules originated in england. there were no republicans or democrats there. what he's saying is accurate but it goes even deeper than that. there are references in the bible that speak on rivaling 'gangs' or tribes. it was typical to put the best against the best instead of shedding the blood of so many. boxing dates back thousands of years.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:57 PM