IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV @8PM CST:Juan Manuel Lopez vs Rogers Mtagwa, Island Warriors Latin Fury 12 (SPOILERS@ 8:15)
PR316
post Oct 9 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Saturday night...

I think Juanma is the goods but I do agree that he's still got a long way to go before being considered a pound 4 pound best. That said I think he has it all. He can fight inside, box from long range, he can counter punch, keeps a nice tight guard to prevent shots from coming in, and he has fast hands to go along with the punching power. Seems to have excellent stamina based on the workrate he piled up in his last 2 fights that went 9 rounds, especially the Peņalosa fight. Remains to be seen how he reacts when caught by a big hitter(Caballero or Gamboa may find out) but I think he's a very good young champion with potential to be great. And he's from Caguas, my hometown in Puerto Rico so I gotta rep the connection. lol

Gamboa is on the card as well and Top Rank seems intent on building up a showdown for him and Lopez eventually.

Word is Celestino Caballero will be in the house to be ringside for Juanma's fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 9 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

I am actually excited for Mtagwa to get a shot, he has been around for a long time now. He will fight anyone and I hope he makes a good effort for himself. I love JML too, he is so awesome in so many ways. I especially love the fact he seems to keeping himself busy in the ring. Wish more fighters would be like him.

Maybe Cabellero will come in the ring after the fight and challenge JML to a fight(as long as he wins)?

+Quote Post
PR316
post Oct 9 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Word is that January 23 of 2010 is open and Team Lopez has said that Caballero is a strong possibility for that date. The fight would take place in Puerto Rico.

Legitimate grudge match. It will be a war between Lopez and Caballero.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 9 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Im big on Juanma aswell the guy is my current favorite fighter I actually see him making quick work of Mtagwa. As for Cabballero I think Juanma would blow him away Caballero has been doing alot of talking i don't blame him he wants to get paid but JuanMa will put it on his ass same goes for Gamboa once Juanma touches that chin Gamboa will crumble.

In two or three years I see Juanma as the p4p king the kid can do it all as long as he stays grounded sky is the limit for him.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Oct 9 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

The thing about Caballero is that although he is lanky and awkward, he's also SLOPPY... Sloppy with his punches(Can't throw a straight right properly) and sloppy on defense. He's also been on the canvas a few times my understanding is and I saw him struggle against Ponce De Leon for 12 rounds(Getting badly hurt in the 12th round of that fight) while Lopez got rid of De Leon in 1 round. Styles make fights for sure. And while I see Caballero giving Lopez some trouble early, I think he'll take a brutal beating and he will not see the 8th round.

Gamboa is a huge hitter and he's got confidence but he lacks defense and his chin is question mark. At this point Lopez wouldn't have too much of a problem with him. Gamboa needs more seasoning.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 9 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

nuff said.... lol... i'd like to see juanma vs. gamboa...

+Quote Post
thefloatingmonke...
post Oct 9 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 4,046

Gamboa will get smoked if he steps into the ring with Lopez.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Oct 9 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Oct 9 2009, 06:56 PM) *
Gamboa will get smoked if he steps into the ring with Lopez.

may be true but its still a fight that needs to happen... it would be explosive...

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 9 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Lopez has brutal power to the point where opponents are intimidated before the bell rings. Gamboa has speed and skills to give Juanma some fits but when Juanma lands clean it's pretty much over with.

+Quote Post
gbh32001
post Oct 10 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,255

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 10 2009, 12:22 PM) *
Lopez has brutal power to the point where opponents are intimidated before the bell rings. Gamboa has speed and skills to give Juanma some fits but when Juanma lands clean it's pretty much over with.
Gamboa will win if he follow the footstep of Guzrun, Calderun and Mayrunner. Easy win, no bruises...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:28 AM