> Ortiz's future after the fight
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 23 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #41

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 23 2011, 05:50 PM) *
Mayweather doesn't seem to like punishment. Nothing wrong with that, we have defensive fighters who are comparable to Mayweather in Hopkins and Toney. Hopkins and Toney fight the fights where they hit and try not to get hit, but willing to take shots and doesn't bother them getting hit. Like water off a ducks back for them.
I'm not suggesting Mayweather is a coward or scared or anything like that, but getting hit seems to bother him more than Hopkins and Toney. Only reason I am using Hopkins and Toney as an example, because it would be just a matter of time before someone says that Floyd likes the sweet science and isn't like a Gatti type of fighter.
Not knocking Mayweather, but I agree with what was said earlier, that punishment tends to bother Mayweather a bit, compared to other defensive fighters like Hopkins and Toney.

Maybe getting hit is an ego thing. If he prides himself on defense and someone breaks his defense down then he isn't invinciable. When Castillo broke his defense down mentally FMJ was stunned which prevented him from fighting his fight. FMJ prides himself on defense so when someone clocks him maybe it hurts his mental state as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 23 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 23 2011, 08:05 PM) *
Trust me Mayweather already has him figured out. I'm pleased to see Castillo get a payday but he brings nothing that Mayweather hasn't faced better before.

Are you trying to suggest a similiarity?

Before Castillo Floyd had only fought Hernandez, Corrales and Augustus. Their first fight was nine freaken years ago. Gee do you think Floyd has got a bit more experience since then? Seasoned himself some more?

Since that fight he's gone on to face a variety of boxers and sluggers, Corley, Gatti, Mitchell, Baldomir, Hatton, Judah, Hoya, Mosley and Marquez gaining more experience each time. Hence Ortiz brings nothing that Floyd hasn't seen before.

And seriously are you comparing the talent levels, heart and desire of JLC and Ortiz? You must be joking. You should wash your mouth out with soap.

I hope you realise in trying to make a cute point you just made yourself look very very silly.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 23 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Yeah, Ortiz is nothing like JCL. I'm not suggesting that the guy to beat Mayweather has to fight like Castillo, but to suggest that Ortiz is a lot like JCL and will thus give PBF trouble is not accurate at all.

Castillo fought more like Chavez, coming forward, showing subtle head movement, and applying precise shots to the body and head. Ortiz is more of a boxer/puncher, who is not as good a mechanic on the inside as Castillo.

Ortiz does have some things going for him here; he's a southpaw, which means Mayweather will likely have to press the issue, and thus leave himself open to some Ortiz bombs. On the other hand, Ortiz isn't all that hard to tag, and Mayweather is a master at finding a combination of punches that work and just repeating it over and over. Like Ollie said, Mayweather has already won this. He only needs to get in the ring, take 3-4 rounds to figure out the timing of his opponent, and it's all over.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 23 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #44

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 23 2011, 08:40 PM) *
Are you trying to suggest a similiarity?

Before Castillo Floyd had only fought Hernandez, Corrales and Augustus. Their first fight was nine freaken years ago. Gee do you think Floyd has got a bit more experience since then? Seasoned himself some more?

Since that fight he's gone on to face a variety of boxers and sluggers, Corley, Gatti, Mitchell, Baldomir, Hatton, Judah, Hoya, Mosley and Marquez gaining more experience each time. Hence Ortiz brings nothing that Floyd hasn't seen before.

And seriously are you comparing the talent levels, heart and desire of JLC and Ortiz? You must be joking. You should wash your mouth out with soap.

I hope you realise in trying to make a cute point you just made yourself look very very silly.

What I'm illustrating is how people write some fighters off for really trifling reasons, such as "he isn't anything he hasn't seen before". If you would use your brain, you'd realize that this is really a different challenge than what Mayweather has previously encountered. I'm not suggesting it will matter, but I seem to recall Uncle Roger saying "if you throw a beer bottle in the ring, it'll land on Castillo's chin". And that it'll "be easier than the Chavez fight". When good, willful, strong, hungry fighters face each other, anything can happen. 10 years younger, a very long layoff, hungry, left handed (the best of Mayweather's career, actually), a tremendous right hook, good hand speed... that's an attribute list you can't completely assign to any of the other Mayweather challenges. This may very well look a lot like Tarver-Jones I especially early on.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 23 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 23 2011, 08:53 PM) *
What I'm illustrating is how people write some fighters off for really trifling reasons, such as "he isn't anything he hasn't seen before". If you would use your brain, you'd realize that this is really a different challenge than what Mayweather has previously encountered. I'm not suggesting it will matter, but I seem to recall Uncle Roger saying "if you throw a beer bottle in the ring, it'll land on Castillo's chin". And that it'll "be easier than the Chavez fight". When good, willful, strong, hungry fighters face each other, anything can happen. 10 years younger, a very long layoff, hungry, left handed (the best of Mayweather's career, actually), a tremendous right hook, good hand speed... that's an attribute list you can't completely assign to any of the other Mayweather challenges. This may very well look a lot like Tarver-Jones I especially early on.

I don't doubt that anything could happen, Tyson-Douglas will always be proof of that but to suggest that this is somehow a tough challenge for Floyd is drawing a fucken long bow in my opinion.

If Floyd loses it will be because he hasn't prepared well as I don't think talent for talent Victor is even in the same galaxy as Floyd. However the one thing you can always be assured of is that Floyd prepares better than almost anyone. This should be an easy fight for Floyd but of course miracles do happen. An Ortiz victory would be a miracle in my book. And it won't look anything like Tarver/Jones 1 as Floyd's weight will be on point and he will be in tip top shape, not weight drained like Roy.

A love how you're describing Ortiz like a mini Ivan Drago based off one victory over Andre Berto. I sure as hell didn't see a hungry fighter against Maidana or a championship guy ready to close the show down the stretch against Peterson. I saw a good fighter who makes a lot of mistakes. Floyd punishes mistakes probably better than anyone in the sport save Hopkins.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 23 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #46

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Berto has virtually NO defense; Ortiz couldn't even knock him out, nor could he even bruise him. Ortiz explodes early, then becomes weak. Ortiz has power and gets in that ass, but he has no defense, he swings wild, he doesn't have much technique at all, he doesn't keep that "explosive" pace the entire fight, not even more than half the fight. If FMJ still has the conditioning and talent, Ortiz has no chance, none what-so-ever. It'll probably be similar to the Mosley fight, but I think Mosley has a better chin than Ortiz.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 23 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #47

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 04:00 AM) *
if he won. mayweather would rematch and woop his ass.lightening does not strike in the same place twice or something like that. also if he won i can think of a couple of reasons that he would win, mayweathers lay offs would be taken into account and the fact hes 37. just seems that anyone that beats him now it will seem like a tainted victory.

This post reads like you finger-painted it with your own shit.

Let me get this straight - if Ortiz wins it will be a tainted victory because of FMJ's layoffs and the fact that he is 30 something, but FMJ will come back and "woop his ass."

The fact that you had no fucking Earthly idea how old FMJ is had little to do with the reality that your post is one of the most ignorant comments that I have read on this forum in quite some time.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 07:48 AM) *
i made a mistake with the age. boo fucking hoo. doesnt make my point wrong.

your just another keyboard warrior. how you guna shut me up hit me with the keyboard?

and to anybody else saying crap about hes my favourite fighter. hes far from it. am just statin what can be taken into account.

sure shane mosley lost to two people twice. but there not the same fighter. Floyd obvious lost to castillo the first fight but definitley beat him the second fight.

Read your original post, Einstone. I was doing you a favor when I suggested that you STFU. I knew that you couldn't help but come back and play your own pesonal version of that wigger playing himself in (what was it?) 9 Kilometers or some shit - "No I don't no what the fuck I'm talking about. Yes my head is a full truckload of sauerkraut. Its true I have nothing original to say and my best line is a tired cliche. I am a dumbass. I know its true. I look in the mirror to see a fool man chew. Doesn't make my point wrong. I like wearing this thong. What you gonna do? I already got a wedgy turning my nutsac blue."

You shoulda STFU when you had the chance.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 09:18 AM) *
the judges saw it how they saw it and the fans see it how they see it. am sure plenty of people on here would agree he should of lost that fight. and that's right he hasn't shown ring rust against a competitor moving up two weight classes to fight him. but hes also older now. for Ortiz if he won i would definitely give him credit for it, i just can't see it happen over 12 rounds. If he did win, there's no way he could do it again. no am not a fan of Mayweather, but realistically does Ortiz have a chance? He has somewhat higher punchers chance than most fighters.

Here we go again . . . "Ortiz doesn't have a chance, but if he wins it will be a tainted victory . . . and I don't like my floydie, BTW."

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 11:23 AM) *
he didnt look rusty against mosley but that shot he took, I don't think he would of taken it if it wasnt for a lay off. after he adjusted for that shot by throwing a left hook to ensure mosley backed off.

"My Floydie didn't look rusty against Mosley, but Mosley wouldn't have landed that shot if my Floydie wasn't rusty."

On second thought please, I'm begging you, don't STFU. This is too entertaining.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 24 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 24 2011, 05:00 AM) *
This post reads like you finger-painted it with your own shit.

Let me get this straight - if Ortiz wins it will be a tainted victory because of FMJ's layoffs and the fact that he is 30 something, but FMJ will come back and "woop his ass."

The fact that you had no fucking Earthly idea how old FMJ is had little to do with the reality that your post is one of the most ignorant comments that I have read on this forum in quite some time.

Read your original post, Einstone. I was doing you a favor when I suggested that you STFU. I knew that you couldn't help but come back and play your own pesonal version of that wigger playing himself in (what was it?) 9 Kilometers or some shit - "No I don't no what the fuck I'm talking about. Yes my head is a full truckload of sauerkraut. Its true I have nothing original to say and my best line is a tired cliche. I am a dumbass. I know its true. I look in the mirror to see a fool man chew. Doesn't make my point wrong. I like wearing this thong. What you gonna do? I already got a wedgy turning my nutsac blue."

You shoulda STFU when you had the chance.

Here we go again . . . "Ortiz doesn't have a chance, but if he wins it will be a tainted victory . . . and I don't like my floydie, BTW."

"My Floydie didn't look rusty against Mosley, but Mosley wouldn't have landed that shot if my Floydie wasn't rusty."

On second thought please, I'm begging you, don't STFU. This is too entertaining.

look its like this. there is no way on earth you can do any type of damage to me, and I don't give a fuck what you have to say. I could contradict myself by saying am an atheist that believes in god and you can point me out to the world and I'd still say go fuck off and argue with someone who wants to argue. Cause at the end of a day your picking some shitty argument on the internet like another keyboard warrior. I stand by my point. you stand by yours. good for you.

see I wouldn't mind if you brought something to an arguement other than racism. thats all you are a racist fuck. other people have said how I could be wrong and none of them resorted to being racisted. am not white so i doubt am a wigger.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 24 2011, 06:08 AM
Post #49

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

If Ortiz wins: Rematch

If Ortiz loses: Pacquiao in 2012

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 24 2011, 06:21 AM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 24 2011, 11:08 PM) *
If Ortiz wins: Rematch

If Ortiz loses: Pacquiao in 2012

Ouch! D-Marv you bitch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:26 AM