IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
Cshel86
post Jul 19 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #111

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 19 2012, 01:17 PM) *
Can't say I disagree here. I admire Khan for fighting guys but he should have given Maidana and Prescott a rematch.

I still admire the man as well, but I can take it when people saying that he "manning up" and asking for a rematch. To be honest, I see it coming (according to the video on the front page), he's about to start this whining shit again...I REALLY feel it coming.

C'mon man, the dude beat you fair and square. There's an underlying issue with him asking for this rematch. I cant quite put my finger on it, but he truly needs to eat his humble pie and keep it moving. I believe he asked for the rematch in fear of the same backlash that he received for not fighting Prescott and Maidana again.

Funny thing is, had Khan won this fight, he would've pranced his way to the WW division and not looked back. He says that this the last big fight left for him at 140, but didn't he say the same thing for the Peterson fight? Again, he needs to eat that humble pie and move on...to much exposure has surfaced, and if he keeps it up, he'll end up like Mosley...losing to the same guy consecutively.

This dude NEVER gives rematches to the guys that ask for them. Khan is probably feeling like, "Damn, had I done this ONE little thing differently, then I would've won the fight". Dont you think Maidana felt the same way, being the fact that he almost stole the fight in the 10th? His opponents ask for rematches, he sticks his nose up and moves forward...he asks for a rematch, better yet, he bitches and moans for a rematch, he always gets it. Hope that wont be the case here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 19 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #112

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 19 2012, 02:40 PM) *
I still admire the man as well, but I can take it when people saying that he "manning up" and asking for a rematch. To be honest, I see it coming (according to the video on the front page), he's about to start this whining shit again...I REALLY feel it coming.

C'mon man, the dude beat you fair and square. There's an underlying issue with him asking for this rematch. I cant quite put my finger on it, but he truly needs to eat his humble pie and keep it moving. I believe he asked for the rematch in fear of the same backlash that he received for not fighting Prescott and Maidana again.

Funny thing is, had Khan won this fight, he would've pranced his way to the WW division and not looked back. He says that this the last big fight left for him at 140, but didn't he say the same thing for the Peterson fight? Again, he needs to eat that humble pie and move on...to much exposure has surfaced, and if he keeps it up, he'll end up like Mosley...losing to the same guy consecutively.

This dude NEVER gives rematches to the guys that ask for them. Khan is probably feeling like, "Damn, had I done this ONE little thing differently, then I would've won the fight". Dont you think Maidana felt the same way, being the fact that he almost stole the fight in the 10th? His opponents ask for rematches, he sticks his nose up and moves forward...he asks for a rematch, better yet, he bitches and moans for a rematch, he always gets it. Hope that wont be the case here.

Yea I do smell an excuse brewing. Im glad Ariza wasn't in his camp cuz I feel he woulda been the scapegoat. I don't know man. Something about these up and coming dudes isn't right. Where I'm from, you take your "L" like a "G" and move on. What don't kill you make you stronger. It's like he wants to jump his happy ass in the ring, brawl when he knows he should be boxing, then when he gets Rockem Sockem Roboted, he acts like something had to be wrong or tainted. Motherfucker your chin is weaker than an old man's bladder! LEARN SOME DEFENSE!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 19 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #113

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I like what roger said in an article they had on boxingscene about Khan. He talked about how he thought after he got stopped and how the mentality of these fighters now and days is different. They are more worried about getting kos and not looking bad and not getting kod instead of sticking to what they are good at and believing in their specific skills.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:33 AM