> Thurman vs. Broner or Broner vs. Figueroa
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 29 2013, 09:48 PM) *
id like to see the maidana thurman or broner thurman. thurman vs cotto would be nice too

I'd like to see all those matchups, but if he fought Cotto at 154, that would be interesting

Maidana/Broner/Thurman, any combination of those fights would be great, GB need to make it happen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jul 29 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #12

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 09:33 PM) *
i might catch heat for saying this...but thurman is the real deal. he has a lot of tools and showed some serious depth in that match up. he was doing stuff that the commentary team missed. i thought the first four rounds were closer than they made them out to be...and he was definitely landing some very good shots. after the four rounds...chaves was breathing hard from missing so much...and thurman was looking like he was just getting started. that right hand of chaves was no joke! thurman would let him throw it....roll with it last second....and counter with the check left hook.it takes some seriously high level skill to do that. the kid has the goods and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. i can't see too many guys that can beat him at 147. with a little more development...hopefully he gets a shot at floyd before he retires.

We on the same frequency. Thurman made his statement at 147,

I have a feeling that alot of people that have randomly been calling out mayweather may actually get there chance: Pac, Martinez, Thurman, Alexander/Khan, Mattysse/Garcia, Bradley.

If Thurman doesn't get Mayweather first then he'd probably to beat Broner then call out mayweather. Who ever beats Broner has the perfect time to call out Mayweather, who better than Thurman to do it. Things have just gotten interesting for Thurman! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) I hope he takes on Maidana next.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Jul 29 2013, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 30 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 29 2013, 05:17 PM) *
I think the fight can happen next year with Broner and Thurman. Maybe on a major undercard as the co-event. I don't think Golden Boy would be willing to put Omar in a ring with Broner. Omar has star written all over him, so they will build him up step by step. I doubt if Broner stays at 135 much longer.

Broner hasn't been at 135. But omar is still too raw to be in the ring with broner, Thurman could beat broner but I think Thurman won't be able to stay at 147 very long. He has more upside to me than broner at this point, solid chin, good power and boxing ability. He's still young but he has a solid build and he's gonna start to grow out of 147. But for now I'm gonna enjoy the ride, he put on a good show. Him and Alexander would be interesting

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jul 30 2013, 12:46 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 30 2013, 08:18 AM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Thurman was not about to be stopped but he did take some big shots and he was a little hurt in the early rounds. I think his nose might have even been broken. Thurman and Broner would be a good fight. Thurman has the physical tools to beat Broner pretty badly. I'm just not sure he's smart enough to exploit Broner's weaknesses. When I look at Thurman fight I usually think to things. #1 This dude is very physically gifted but his fight tactics need refinement. #2 This motherfucker looks like he can't read. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 30 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought Thurman showed a good chin, they were both swinging with bad intention

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 30 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 30 2013, 12:29 AM) *
We on the same frequency. Thurman made his statement at 147,

I have a feeling that alot of people that have randomly been calling out mayweather may actually get there chance: Pac, Martinez, Thurman, Alexander/Khan, Mattysse/Garcia, Bradley.

If Thurman doesn't get Mayweather first then he'd probably to beat Broner then call out mayweather. Who ever beats Broner has the perfect time to call out Mayweather, who better than Thurman to do it. Things have just gotten interesting for Thurman! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) I hope he takes on Maidana next.

he's going to destroy maidana. i can see him beating the others you mentioned too. pac, alexander, khan, garcia and bradley.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 30 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 30 2013, 09:18 AM) *
Thurman was not about to be stopped but he did take some big shots and he was a little hurt in the early rounds. I think his nose might have even been broken. Thurman and Broner would be a good fight. Thurman has the physical tools to beat Broner pretty badly. I'm just not sure he's smart enough to exploit Broner's weaknesses. When I look at Thurman fight I usually think to things. #1 This dude is very physically gifted but his fight tactics need refinement. #2 This motherfucker looks like he can't read. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that's wrong. smh

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 30 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Broner hasn't been at 135. But omar is still too raw to be in the ring with broner, Thurman could beat broner but I think Thurman won't be able to stay at 147 very long. He has more upside to me than broner at this point, solid chin, good power and boxing ability. He's still young but he has a solid build and he's gonna start to grow out of 147. But for now I'm gonna enjoy the ride, he put on a good show. Him and Alexander would be interesting

What about Thurman and Khan. Khan would get blasted but it would be interesting. Real interesting.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 30 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 30 2013, 04:11 PM) *
What about Thurman and Khan. Khan would get blasted but it would be interesting. Real interesting.

i just read the funniest shit on the front page...

"khan thinking about adding haymon to his team..." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think it would be the other way around.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 30 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 30 2013, 02:04 PM) *
i just read the funniest shit on the front page...

"khan thinking about adding haymon to his team..." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think it would be the other way around.

Al Haymon bags another boxer!!!! Well this would get him closer to Mayweather. You think Khan would blast Thurman? Okay. I think Khan s quicker than Keith but Khan's chin is more fragile than cracked glass.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 06:23 PM