IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> if you were a black fighter...would you sign with bob arum?
checkleft
post Jan 5 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 5 2013, 03:19 PM) *
yes he is...right in line with guys like mares and bhop. i don't think anyone is going to call him crafty the way they do with hopkins...but u are absolutely right. i don't like it...but it's exactly why i believe he's going to make things very tough for floyd.

Possibly but I'm expecting golden boy to find someone that can do their best Joe cortez impression to keep the action clean and to favor mayweather. Let's face it, Canelo vs Floyd is now the biggest fight out there now besides a rematch with marquez. Even then I think Canelo would trump marquez as far as sales go against mayweather.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 6 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 5 2013, 04:44 PM) *
Poffy, while I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've stated here, the bottom line fact is that in order for Arum to get 100% behind a black fighter that fighter has to have skills like Floyd or punching power like Tyson with a super big mouth and libido so that Bob can market him properly.

Arum is unwilling to go all out marketing Brad like he did Pac for two reasons: he is not a big puncher, he doesn't have a huge following or opposition lined up against him/The Villian. Bradley is a supernice Christian black man without KO power and without a big mouth and he will not play the Villian in order to sell himself out either.

If Bob had Broner then you can best believe he'd be marketing him as better than Floyd and some sort of KO machine much in the same fashion as he did with Pac.

i think it's either arum just doesn't know how to market/promote black fighters because he's out of touch...or is just plain racist.

pacquiao is a super nice christian filipino without ko power or a big mouth..so was oscar....and chavez jr...etc...but it didn't stop him from promoting them.

on a side note...unless u want things to get disrespectful on the forum...stop with the poofy shit. u are basically calling me a faggot...that is the british word for faggot.

i was banned from dhb for calling simba a bacala boy (which is the filipino word for faggot) because he called me poofy. it was bullshit. i got along with u at dhb...i'd like it to stay that way here.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 6 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #53

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 5 2013, 08:56 PM) *
this was a while before any Pac fight.

no...it was around the same time bradley decided to let his contract expire with shaw...but you don't make a decision like that without having some sort of back up. he didn't speak of it publicly but i believe that was the main reason he wanted out.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 6 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 5 2013, 10:15 PM) *
Possibly but I'm expecting golden boy to find someone that can do their best Joe cortez impression to keep the action clean and to favor mayweather. Let's face it, Canelo vs Floyd is now the biggest fight out there now besides a rematch with marquez. Even then I think Canelo would trump marquez as far as sales go against mayweather.

i agree. canelo/mayweather is the biggest fight. canelo has to get a soft touch next for that to happen because he ain't beating trout.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 6 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #55

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 6 2013, 11:00 PM) *
no...it was around the same time bradley decided to let his contract expire with shaw...but you don't make a decision like that without having some sort of back up. he didn't speak of it publicly but i believe that was the main reason he wanted out.

wasnt he sued by shaw because he didn't fight khan?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 01:13 AM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 6 2013, 10:44 PM) *
wasnt he sued by shaw because he didn't fight khan?

shaw threatened with a lawsuit but he had no grounds. if he did...toprank wouldn't have touched him.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 8 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 7 2013, 06:13 AM) *
shaw threatened with a lawsuit but he had no grounds. if he did...toprank wouldn't have touched him.

He didn't do it because of business, it did it because he was afraid to lose, I think this quote says it all

"What if I lose then I am out the sweep-stake to fight pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao for 7.5 million dollars?"

He got his money, and he got shelved.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 8 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #58

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 5 2013, 05:10 PM) *
To make Bradley the next big thing it would take Bob Arum, God, all the angels above, and maybe the tooth fairy. Bradley is just not PPV material unless he is fighting someone who is a PPV attraction.

I don't think it takes that much, you put him in with a couple of soft touches with not so amazing chins, shut down the whole God crap, make him call out Mayweather and call Mayweather all sorts and there's the hype. Styles make fights and he just needs someone reckless running into his punches lol, Brandon Rios vs Bradley would be one hell of a fight, since Rios would leave no stoned unturned, and after he is beaten focus will shift to Bradley.

As to promoting a black fighter, Arum is a smart guy, but he always seems to have these fighters that come ahead of the black fighters, Oscar De La Hoya, Pac. If he wanted to am sure he could, he just chooses not to to protect his cash cows.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Jan 8 2013, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 8 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 6 2013, 10:36 PM) *
chavez jr

wait chavez jr doesn't have a big mouth? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 8 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #60

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 8 2013, 12:00 PM) *
He didn't do it because of business, it did it because he was afraid to lose, I think this quote says it all

"What if I lose then I am out the sweep-stake to fight pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao for 7.5 million dollars?"

He got his money, and he got shelved.

i forgot about that quote. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) it is very incriminating isn't it? i think it was just a misstep on his part and he was thinking out loud. in any case...the pac fight trumped any deal khan could offer. u don't "duck" someone like khan to fight a much more dangerous opponent like pac.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:28 AM