IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Pacquiao-Marquez IV-SPOILERS (Topics Merged), Should There Be a Fifth Fight? Poll Added!!!
Should Pacquiao and Marquez Fight a Fifth Time?
Pacquaio-Marquez V?
Yes [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
No [ 6 ] ** [60.00%]
Not Sure [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Dec 9 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #251

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 9 2012, 06:45 PM) *
I personally think if Marquez comes up clean then people should stop doubting Pac on the PEDs issue.

Never!

It STILL seems fishy...too bad mofos have made waaaay too much money off it to utter a peep. Nobody will ever know the real deal about the latter part of Pac's miraculous career.

Where's Brian Kenny? I wanna punch him in the face for being such a Pacquiao buttsucker. He had nothing but tumbleweed bouncing in his head after Pac beat Oscar and Hatton.

No matter how much you want this "PED bandwagon" to stop, it wont. I want the whole hero complex to stop...that's the public being in desperate need of somebody to vicariously live through in the boxing world, and actually be stupid enough to look past what they're doing.

Im not just speaking on the PED accusation, Im speaking on Team Pac being horrible, vulturous, opportunists, and living off of a man's (Floyd) name, who happens to be too intellectually incapable of speaking his piece without causing an uproar. Instead, he decides to play the buffoon role and totally offset any significant information that he puts out there, in regards to his career and what's really going on in the sport.

I DO agree with you, in regards to wanting this whole Mayweather/Pacquiao saga to come to end...it's hurt boxing in so many ways. The only people that haven't been hurt by it, are the ones who've lined their pockets during the shenanigans.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 10 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #252

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 9 2012, 08:14 PM) *
No doubt....when I saw him sitting there, I thought of Zack Galifinakis after getting KO'd by Tyson, in The Hangover

Ha!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 10 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #253

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

haven't read through the whole thread...but WOW...hO lee sheeeeeeeit!!!! what a beautiful ko by marquez.

i have to revise my votes...

this was KO of the year...

fight of the year....

possibly upset of the year as well. pac was favored to win.

marquez had no intention of winning by decision. he was looking for the knockout. it almost cost him the fight. i loved the way he set up the first knockdown.

i honestly felt bad for pac and jinkee...

i think all the pics ppl are posting are fucked up and disrespectful...but i can't lie, i've chuckled over a few. ppl are stupid.

gamboa had a tough one...but he knocked some of the rust off.

didn't see gesta...but having seen him in the gym, i NEVER thought he was anything special.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 10 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #254

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 10 2012, 02:05 PM) *
haven't read through the whole thread...but WOW...hO lee sheeeeeeeit!!!! what a beautiful ko by marquez.

i have to revise my votes...

this was KO of the year...

fight of the year....

possibly upset of the year as well. pac was favored to win.

marquez had no intention of winning by decision. he was looking for the knockout. it almost cost him the fight. i loved the way he set up the first knockdown.

i honestly felt bad for pac and jinkee...

i think all the pics ppl are posting are fucked up and disrespectful...but i can't lie, i've chuckled over a few. ppl are stupid.

gamboa had a tough one...but he knocked some of the rust off.

didn't see gesta...but having seen him in the gym, i NEVER thought he was anything special.

So what do you think about broner vs Gamboa. Cause after what I saw I think broner can stop him

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 10 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #255

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2012, 02:19 PM) *
So what do you think about broner vs Gamboa. Cause after what I saw I think broner can stop him

i talked to broner saturday night at some fights here in cali. i asked him what's next...his answer..."it don't matter." and i have to agree with him. it really doesn't matter who he fights. i'm gonna be watching. the gamboa that fought this past saturday gets beat by broner. if gamboa's ppl have any intelligence...they'll put him in with someone who has a little bit of slickness to prepare him for broner. a hank lundy type of fighter....but if they go straight for broner, they get beat. either way...i'm watching.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 10 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #256

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

if anyone wondered why marquez hid a lot of his sparring

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 10 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #257

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2012, 03:57 PM) *

dat timin'

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 10 2012, 04:09 PM
Post #258

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 10 2012, 02:24 PM) *
i talked to broner saturday night at some fights here in cali. i asked him what's next...his answer..."it don't matter." and i have to agree with him. it really doesn't matter who he fights. i'm gonna be watching. the gamboa that fought this past saturday gets beat by broner. if gamboa's ppl have any intelligence...they'll put him in with someone who has a little bit of slickness to prepare him for broner. a hank lundy type of fighter....but if they go straight for broner, they get beat. either way...i'm watching.

That's crazy you talked to him bro! That's pretty down to earth of him to go out and talk to fans like that, did he hook it up with some pictures or an autograph or something?

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2012, 02:57 PM) *

That video want hidden at all, it was up for about two months getting posted everywhere. But the punch is almost identical

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 10 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #259

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

In the poll we just added for the interest in a 5th fight, I voted "Not Sure" and want to reaffirm what I said the other day. As my view has not changed:

The Future For Juan and Manny.

I agree that a 5th fight is HUGE. Suppose Marquez's next opponent beats him and this was a lightning in a bottle situation with Manny getting KO'd in the 4th fight. If there isn't a 5th fight, maybe Juan should retire. Because how can he top what he did last night? What a way to go out! The next fight could be a downward spiral for both. Another KO loss for Manny, he's probably through. A tactical Marquez could lose to Bradley takes the shine off the Pacquaio-Marquez V. fight. There is also the age factor. It's almost like Pacquaio and Marquez were made to fight each other. Retirement on such a high note for Juan is probably better. Manny is going to want to avenge that loss. But can he mentally and psychologically recover from such a shocking KO loss?

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 10 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #260

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2012, 04:09 PM) *
That's crazy you talked to him bro! That's pretty down to earth of him to go out and talk to fans like that, did he hook it up with some pictures or an autograph or something?

That video want hidden at all, it was up for about two months getting posted everywhere. But the punch is almost identical

he's a cool dude as are most boxing ppl. very approachable...and willing to take pics with anyone. i don't usually take pics with a fighter unless i admire them. broner is going to be a force for a while and he really impressed me against demarco. it wasn't the first time i spoke to him...but it was the first time i took a pic with him.

as for the video and the punch....that was the one that had me modifying my prediction. i know he was sparring with a no name guy...but the sharpness/crispness of that right hand spelled knock down at the very least in my eyes.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:51 AM