IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

KOpower
post Feb 28 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #71

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

I'm not sure what you really want from Canelo. Why in the world would he put a fight as good as the one with Trout on Floyd's undercard if it weren't part of a bigger deal? It's like this.....

Canelo vs Trout is NOT an undercard type of fight. It's that simple. It is a major fight that would of probably added $10-$15 million in EXTRA revenue. If Floyd wants that big of a fight on his UNDERCARD, he needed to come up with some type of sweetener for Canelo. Floyd didn't want to sign a deal to fight Canelo if BOTH won, so he declined. I got no problem with that. But Canelo should NOT make the biggest fight of his career a Floyd Mayweather undercard fight unless he is getting something out of it. That is my point. It's not like Floyd was doing him a favor by allowing the Trout fight to happen on his card.

I am very interested to see what type of fight replaces Canelo-Trout. Will they be able to get Broner to fight a live opponent? Can they bring in Cotto? Or will it be a few unheralded Mexican lightweights? Or will it be Broner vs a C-level fighter?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 28 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #72

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 05:48 PM) *
he's not in any position to be making any demands...but on the flip side...why beg for a fight when u can get paid on your own? canelo has a very tough fight in front of him. leveraging that match up to get a fight with floyd is just good business....especially if it works. it won't. floyd is floyd and we all know he will fight the opponents he chooses when he chooses them. he said it himself...he's robbing the bank legally. he has no intention of facing any real threats and every match from here on out will be very carefully planned. with this being said...i have to give canelo more props at this point because he's facing a much tougher opponent than floyds opponent. trout is no joke and there is a very serious chance canelo loses to him. props to canelo for doing his own thing and trying to prove his greatness. it's been a loooooooooong time since floyd has done that.

i'm looking more forward to april 20th than may 4th....and with april 20th being on regular showtime....i'm sure way more ppl will be tuning in.

I doubt the avg viewership will be his highest to date, he's popular but not a draw as evidenced by his viewership ratings. I have no problem with him going on his own date, that's smart. But I don't like men who act like divas and he has no one around him to tell him the truth about where he's at and his value

I'm going to the Mayweather fight so it's obvious which one has more of my attention

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #73

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 06:56 PM) *
trouts victory over cotto was legit. he made so many adjustments in that fight. he is underrated.

True, but do you think he gave a few rounds away?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 28 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #74

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

They should of negotiated this fight after May 4th. Who the hell is Alvarez to dictate terms? Come on now. I can see if he actually cleared his division out but he hasn't.

I feel this way as well. Yes I also agree that Alvarez-Trout is big enough as its own fight. But would it have even drawn more people, general public people to know who Alvarez and Trout were if they would have fought on Floyd's undercard with Guerrero?

I am not sure, but did I read that Alverez-Trout is gonna be regular Showtime and not PPV? We should analyze how much Alverez-Trout would have made as part of Mayweather-Guerrero's PPV, verses Alverez-Trout on Showtime with probably one average undercard match, maybe two.

In my view, "Cinnamon Head" and "The Fish" each get more general public interest and exposure as a PPV undercard for Floyd-Guerrero than standing as a main event on Showtime.

This is a great topic!

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 1 2013, 01:29 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think this might just be a result of Floyd not wanting to overlook guerrero as well. I mean when have we ever heard of Floyd signing to fight soemone before one of his fights?

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 1 2013, 06:55 AM
Post #76

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 28 2013, 11:24 PM) *

In my view, "Cinnamon Head" and "The Fish" each get more general public interest and exposure as a PPV undercard for Floyd-Guerrero than standing as a main event on Showtime.

This is a great topic!

Jack

This was my same exact thought. He already has the Mexican demographic locked down. I believe he would receive more exposure via PPV. We will find out whether he was playing Checkers or Chess with this move 21Apr2013.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #77

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 11:45 PM) *
I doubt the avg viewership will be his highest to date, he's popular but not a draw as evidenced by his viewership ratings. I have no problem with him going on his own date, that's smart. But I don't like men who act like divas and he has no one around him to tell him the truth about where he's at and his value

I'm going to the Mayweather fight so it's obvious which one has more of my attention

which is it? you're contradicting yourself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 12:21 AM) *
True, but do you think he gave a few rounds away?

trout, imo, was way more convincing in his victory over cotto than floyd. i had cotto winning 2 rounds...maybe 3. against floyd...i had him winning 4-5 rounds.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 1 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #79

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 02:52 PM) *
which is it? you're contradicting yourself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL you a fool for that

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 07:38 PM) *
LOL you a fool for that

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:13 PM