IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FNF: Molina/Spinks, Link to Excellent You Tube Undercard Fight: Szpika-Mollo (Pg. 3)
wolterb
post Feb 2 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #31

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 2 2013, 02:33 PM) *
Did ESPN show the bloody brawl with Szpika and Mollo? Some You Tube Videos are messed up for the fight. I found a pretty good one here:

The first 30 secs of round 1 are missing if you have not seen the fight and the screen cuts to a smaller picture just before the ending. But a good scrap. SHIT REF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlAD8IUITfg

Jack

I think espn8 or something showed it...ironically szpika v. mollo was by far the best fight. i was there live and it made the night for me, got my moneys worth for sure.

if memory serves it was the same ref that officiated spinks/molina.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 3 2013, 02:54 AM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 2 2013, 12:09 AM) *
Good action tonight, the only problem I had was with the ref in the Molina-Spinks fight. He made some questionable calls and that's putting it nicely. I've seen him ref a few matches here in Chicago.... Pro and amateur alike and he favors the home fighter or the home gym fighter. He's a bad example of what a ref's duties entails and anybody who has been to boxing events here on Chicago knows that

that's the chi town i remember.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 3 2013, 03:27 AM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 2 2013, 02:33 PM) *
Did ESPN show the bloody brawl with Szpika and Mollo? Some You Tube Videos are messed up for the fight. I found a pretty good one here:

The first 30 secs of round 1 are missing if you have not seen the fight and the screen cuts to a smaller picture just before the ending. But a good scrap. SHIT REF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlAD8IUITfg

Jack

hard for me to watch. mollo just followed him around in straight lines and never cut the ring. for all of his limitations...he actually didn't do too bad. never heard of the guy he was fighting but i'm assuming he's polish and has great support in chicago because of their large polish population. i know the ref. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 3 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #34

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^you assume right...the crowd went nuts during that fight.

mollo came in wearing a patton jersey and draped in an american flag...he still got the majority of the crowd booing him ROFL

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 4 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 2 2013, 10:27 AM) *
Who was the ref? The big Chicago refs are Tim Adams and Gino Rodriguez Gino works several world title fights, mainly for the WBO.

Jack

I can not recall his name off top but he does ALOT of fights here in the Chicago area. I attend a fair amount of pro and amateur events here in the city and I've ran across him quite a bit. I first began to take issue with his officiating at the Chicago Fight Club events. He would allow the home gym to get a pass on certain things and in one particular fight it resembled Mares-Abgeko, he was just getting away with low blows in plain view of the guy and in the last rd of the fight he gave the guy a standing 8.

He's very popular at that gym to say the least and 8 count, which is the promotion that did this past friday's card is an extension of JABB boxing, where Molina and many pro's here train. He's done alot of their pro and amateur shows. And it's the same thing. I don't know why he does it but I and many who've seen him ref certain fights have been left dumbfounded. I get the feeling he's not as competent as a ref should be.He seems to favor the home gym boxers.

Their is a boxing club in Harvey which is one of the worst parts of IL, and they have a light-heavyweight who is highly ranked in ther amateurs. The gym in Harvey refuses to fight in some local city boxing tournaments in the city because of what they thought was bad officiating on his and some other refs parts. The next time I see him ref I'll be sure to pay attention and get his name

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 4 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 3 2013, 01:54 AM) *
that's the chi town i remember.

Clearly Spinks wasn't going to win the fight but the point deduction was baffling. The funny thing is there are conferences for refs that are held every year here in Chicago and I see bad officiating continuing into 2013. Supposedly these refs talk about and share ways to improve officiating. Obviously this guy didn't get the memo

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 5 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #37

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Good bye Spinks... I still think he beat Jermain Taylor when they fought though!!!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 5 2013, 09:01 AM
Post #38

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 5 2013, 12:12 AM) *
Good bye Spinks... I still think he beat Jermain Taylor when they fought though!!!

I thought I was the only one lol Fight was boring as fuck but I felt like he out-boringed Jermain and stole one lol.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 6 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2013, 12:14 AM) *
I can not recall his name off top but he does ALOT of fights here in the Chicago area. I attend a fair amount of pro and amateur events here in the city and I've ran across him quite a bit. I first began to take issue with his officiating at the Chicago Fight Club events. He would allow the home gym to get a pass on certain things and in one particular fight it resembled Mares-Abgeko, he was just getting away with low blows in plain view of the guy and in the last rd of the fight he gave the guy a standing 8.

He's very popular at that gym to say the least and 8 count, which is the promotion that did this past friday's card is an extension of JABB boxing, where Molina and many pro's here train. He's done alot of their pro and amateur shows. And it's the same thing. I don't know why he does it but I and many who've seen him ref certain fights have been left dumbfounded. I get the feeling he's not as competent as a ref should be.He seems to favor the home gym boxers.

Their is a boxing club in Harvey which is one of the worst parts of IL, and they have a light-heavyweight who is highly ranked in ther amateurs. The gym in Harvey refuses to fight in some local city boxing tournaments in the city because of what they thought was bad officiating on his and some other refs parts. The next time I see him ref I'll be sure to pay attention and get his name

i know him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i won't share his name...but i'm not surprised that he sucks as a ref. as for the favoritism....it's nothing new in the chi. i remember when i was there...if you fought against windy city, you had to knock the guy out just to get a decision. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i can't see it changing anytime soon. corruption is so ingrained in the culture there.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 6 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #40

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 01:23 PM) *
i know him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i won't share his name...but i'm not surprised that he sucks as a ref. as for the favoritism....it's nothing new in the chi. i remember when i was there...if you fought against windy city, you had to knock the guy out just to get a decision. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i can't see it changing anytime soon. corruption is so ingrained in the culture there.

Got his name, Celestino Ruiz. Here is his ref record on Box Rec:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=refer...human_id=426575

Jack

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 02:56 AM