IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Chavez-Lee (SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later), No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Sports Card
Jack 1000
post Jun 17 2012, 03:10 AM
Post #51

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Lee was ahead on all cards at the stoppage. WOW!

58-54 Fightnews said. I had Chavez ahead 3-2-1.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post Jun 17 2012, 03:23 AM
Post #52

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

how did you all have the fight at the time of stoppage , i had it 57-57

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 17 2012, 03:36 AM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 17 2012, 12:27 AM) *
Apparently, Chavez refused to take a pre-fight urine test.

Hmmm....

I said the same thing. This is the 2nd fight where I've heard that Chavez was not forced to take a urine test. Lee's purse must have been pretty damn good for this fight. At some point you've got to put your foot down and say how much shit are you gonna let this guy get away with. I don't walk out unless they weigh his gloves and test him prior to the fight. They let the glove issue slide and now the piss test slide and it looks like Chavez got away with some more bullshit...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 17 2012, 06:09 AM
Post #54

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 16 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Do you guys think Chavez vs Martinez will be on PPV?

that fight and ortiz/canelo will be on sept 15 on ppv

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jun 17 2012, 07:19 AM
Post #55

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

A few things here

1. Chavez, is a big sumbitch!!!! The fight was very entertaining to say the least. In the eyes of the average or "casual" boxing fan, this was a great night for boxing. The fight was entertaining, Manny was in the corner instead of commentating, showing off his multiple hats and its always better to see Roy with a mic instead of gloves on. Anywho, manny gave Lee a good gameplan with his typical "my fighter is taller than yours so he is just gonna jab until your fighter gets close and throw a straight Right/Left". It worked for a couple rounds but then Lee abandoned it and let Chavez have his way. Chavez was open for whatever Lee wanted to throw but after feeling Chavez' Cruiser weight punches, Lee became hesitant. NOW, wtf is up with this urine sample shit. HBO annonces it as if its no big deal, just like they thought it was funny that Manny "dissappeared" before his fight. FOH....that shit shady.

2. Manny Steward, has to be livid with Lee but at the same time, he knows Chavez would be a HW come fight nite and Lee is so scrawny..lol..anywho, what really surprised me is that Steward didn't push for a different location other than Texas. Also, the glove weights was a simple task that was denied. And finally, how do you allow a guy known for weight issues and diuretic abuse (lol) to get away with not giving a piss sample????

3. Martinez vs Chavez....IF it happens will be a hell of a fight!!!! Martinez might wanna bulk up for this one though. I still favor Martinez but Chavez is showing that he will come to fight. But if Freddie Roach doesn't miraculously teach Chavez defense, Martinez will hit him with Left hand bombs all night. Also, Martinez' gas tank is much better than Lee's and he is faster and moves WAY better. All that said, Chavez will eat Martinez' punches much better than Paul Williams and if he gets to lay on Martinez like he did Rubio and Lee then Marti Mar will have a bad night.

4. Lastly....Chavez at 168 will be his demise....Froch, Ward, Dirrell, Dawson(175) will beat the shit out of Chavez. Chavez vs Pavlik will be a good one. Pavlik's body work in his last fight was surprisingly impressive.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 17 2012, 08:48 AM
Post #56

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:18 AM) *
That would be the saddest day that we see. The "smart pick" would be Sergio because of his track record, but the "shit your pants" pick would be Julio...and he's more than likely win you some money.

The more I see Martinez fight, the more ordinary he looks. The more I see Chavez fight, he looks more and more unbeatable due to his massive frame at MW. Now, if he didn't rehydrate to 180+, then he wouldn't be able to take punches the way he does.

Fair enough, but if Martinez looks ordinary, then Chavez looks downright pedestrian. Not to oversimplify it, but if he doesn't get you on the ropes then Chaves is absolutely beatable. I was paying more attention to the NBC action, but from what I saw, Lee stopped moving away from the ropes. His limitations and fatigue probably caused that, but Maravilla will not make that mistake. It'll be a good fight, but Maravilla wins that one in the latter rounds.

JCC Jr.,TR's and TX' apparent complete disregard for drug testing should really be a criminal offence.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jun 17 2012, 10:54 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 17 2012, 09:11 AM
Post #57

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Everyone left the fight talking about Chavez walking through Lees best punches. If Lee was more disciplined, this wouldnt have mattered. His bravado got him KOd. Chavez spent the first half of each round chasing Lee, showing off to the crowd and eating punches. The problems came when Chavez decided to finally throw punches. Thats when Andy Lee abandoned his boxing principles. Your hitting the guy with the kitchen sink for half of the round. When he starts tryna turn it on, jab him to death. If he gets passed that, tie him up. Freddy Roach fighters suck at cutting the ring off and struggle with counter punching.

As for Martinez, I dont want it to be mistaken that Im a fan of his. I just dont think he will go in the fight like Lee looking to hurt Chavez. I think he will be content on outpointing Chavez n giving him a boxing lesson. Like Manny, Chavez benefits from having opponents who want to come forward and bang with him. I want to see him against a solid boxer with movement.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 17 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #58

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i fell asleep lol, will probably try and watch it later

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 17 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Everyone left the fight talking about Chavez walking through Lees best punches. If Lee was more disciplined, this wouldnt have mattered. His bravado got him KOd. Chavez spent the first half of each round chasing Lee, showing off to the crowd and eating punches. The problems came when Chavez decided to finally throw punches. Thats when Andy Lee abandoned his boxing principles. Your hitting the guy with the kitchen sink for half of the round. When he starts tryna turn it on, jab him to death. If he gets passed that, tie him up. Freddy Roach fighters suck at cutting the ring off and struggle with counter punching.

As for Martinez, I dont want it to be mistaken that Im a fan of his. I just dont think he will go in the fight like Lee looking to hurt Chavez. I think he will be content on outpointing Chavez n giving him a boxing lesson. Like Manny, Chavez benefits from having opponents who want to come forward and bang with him. I want to see him against a solid boxer with movement.

Yeah and if both guys are jacked up on EPO, then the playing field will be even. No piss tests for Martinez!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 17 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2012, 10:11 AM) *

Yeah and if both guys are jacked up on EPO, then the playing field will be even. No piss tests for Martinez!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:43 AM