IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senior: I'm the best trainer, I did nothing wrong.... Lil Floyd needs a reality check
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 31 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #1

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

What an incredibly grounded, even-tempered fellow that Floyd Senior. Greatest trainer of all time, no doubt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

This post has been edited by Eighty88Eight: Aug 31 2011, 08:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 31 2011, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 31 2011, 09:49 AM) *
What an incredibly grounded, even-tempered fellow that Floyd Senior. Greatest trainer of all time, no doubt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

Whether or not he is a good trainer is not something I care to contend, it's his own persistence to continually try to jam that concept down the public's throat that is always going to chafe PBF. When you're the best, do you really have to keep repeating it? Or, more to the point, do you really have to keep firing names out there to drive the point home?

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 31 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 06:55 AM) *
Whether or not he is a good trainer is not something I care to contend, it's his own persistence to continually try to jam that concept down the public's throat that is always going to chafe PBF. When you're the best, do you really have to keep repeating it? Or, more to the point, do you really have to keep firing names out there to drive the point home?

FMJ needs to ask himself that question.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 31 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 31 2011, 10:34 AM) *
FMJ needs to ask himself that question.

But he also proves it. Im just saying, Floyd Sr just keeps on saying "Even so and so (inactive boxer) says Im the best".

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 31 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #5

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 07:45 AM) *
But he also proves it. Im just saying, Floyd Sr just keeps on saying "Even so and so (inactive boxer) says Im the best".

He hasn't been proving it as much as he has been claiming it. 3 fights in 4 years don't get it done.

I agree with you on FMS though.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Aug 31 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #6

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2011, 09:55 AM) *

Ali did it, just saying.....

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 31 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 31 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Ali did it, just saying.....

..and he fought and proved.

I like Sr., but for as MUCH as he goes in on Roach, Roach has a better track record as a trainer. And you never hear Roach saying, "Well, this fighter says im the best", "that fighter says im the best", etc etc. Im jussayin.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 31 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #8

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

all this "greatest ever" bullshit was started by Ali, and just like his inflated predecessors, he wasn't the greatest ever.

+Quote Post
krice5232
post Aug 31 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #9

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,150

HBO in my own words should take a real close look at that clip and check the person who aired it. Senior is a every good trainer and I don't believe you need to win a title to make you one. The reality check is this, you only have one father and in Floyd senior case one son, enjoy each other while you can.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 31 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

The best thing that Sr. can do for his son, is shut up and continue to allow his son to be the arrogant asshole that he is. As soon as that "reality check" comes, then those 8-figure checks will start to slow down and nobody will care about this circus anymore. If anything, Floyd is keeping Sr. afloat and keeping money in his pockets as well. Its hard to say this, but that ignorant and arrogant attitude got Floyd to where he is today, and Sr. is just...well...Sr. is just Sr...another guy that chases Jr. around until he gets what he wants, which is a chance to stand in the same light as him. If Sr. needs this "televised father/son" relationship with his son, then he needs to leave boxing out of it and find another way of making that happen. If boxing is the only way he feels he can have a relationship with his son, then he needs to learn how to shut up long enough for Jr. to hit a downslide in his career...then wiggle his way back in.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 04:48 AM