IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHY DOESN'T AMERICA CELEBRATE HOPKINS?, Before the doping Armstrong was heraleded!!
neophyte7
post Mar 13 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2013, 08:55 PM) *
I do have a fault with both the people he fought to become the oldest, they weren't up to par and certainly weren't the best in the division.

I mean while Pascal beat Dawson to effectively make him the best, he beat the worst of Dawson, and Cloud is a prospect with a belt

Respectfully Mr. Grover---Bullshit.. the man is damned near 50....those men are among the best in the division and the old man beat them hands down- No telling when Hop leaves when you will ever see duplicated what he has done

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 13 2013, 08:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 13 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #42

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 13 2013, 06:55 PM) *
I do have a fault with both the people he fought to become the oldest, they weren't up to par and certainly weren't the best in the division.

I mean while Pascal beat Dawson to effectively make him the best, he beat the worst of Dawson, and Cloud is a prospect with a belt

So who is it that he's is/was supposed to fight? You can make a case for many ATG's fighting far worse competition then him. He fights at 175 and he's beating belt holders and solid young champions. Cloud seems like a prospect to some, though not me. But blame that on his shitty promoter.

What he's done is something to truly marvel at and it will NEVER be done again and if by chance it does none of us will be around to see it. The man has 6 losses and truthfully only 3( his 1st pro fight, the 1st RJJ fight and the Dawson rematch) of the 6 can't be disputed

He's the greatest of his era of boxers. None of them could do what he's doing now. Not RJJ, not Toney, and definitely not Calzaghe

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 14 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #43

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 13 2013, 09:49 PM) *
So who is it that he's is/was supposed to fight? You can make a case for many ATG's fighting far worse competition then him. He fights at 175 and he's beating belt holders and solid young champions. Cloud seems like a prospect to some, though not me. But blame that on his shitty promoter.

What he's done is something to truly marvel at and it will NEVER be done again and if by chance it does none of us will be around to see it. The man has 6 losses and truthfully only 3( his 1st pro fight, the 1st RJJ fight and the Dawson rematch) of the 6 can't be disputed

He's the greatest of his era of boxers. None of them could do what he's doing now. Not RJJ, not Toney, and definitely not Calzaghe

I hate to agree with a CHITOWN MOFO-- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) but you are dead on LMAO!!! Floyd Mayweather is not the greatest of this era.. Hopkins is. I am sure RJJ keeps going because he says to himself, "Damned, Bernard's career is beginning to make mines look sub par"... LOL

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 14 2013, 12:58 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 03:29 PM
Post #44

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 14 2013, 11:56 AM) *
I hate to agree with a CHITOWN MOFO-- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) but you are dead on LMAO!!! Floyd Mayweather is not the greatest of this era.. Hopkins is. I am sure RJJ keeps going because he says to himself, "Damned, Bernard's career is beginning to make mines look sub par"... LOL

The feeling is mutual Detroit lol

When I hear people say who's the best of the era. The only two I consider are Floyd and Hopkins. But when you look at the competition and the way Hopkins did it, it's almost undeniable that he embodies all the qualities and accomplished all the things to fit that criteria

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 14 2013, 01:15 AM) *
Respectfully Mr. Grover---Bullshit.. the man is damned near 50....those men are among the best in the division and the old man beat them hands down- No telling when Hop leaves when you will ever see duplicated what he has done

Am looking at it like this, Dawson was easily the best 175lber loss to Pascal or not. Hopkins didn't beat the best in that division for the belt, he beat the second, maybe third best guy in the division. I hate to say it since I have massive amounts of respect for Hopkins. But he can't just have a pass because of his age. Just like someone can't have a pass that agreed to certain weight stipulations. If he beat Dawson I would of given him full credit for it, as he would of been the best 175lber

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 01:49 AM) *

Dawson was the best in that division and look at what happened to Hopkins when he fought him. The belt was returned to its rightful owner.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 06:13 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 14 2013, 04:48 PM) *
Dawson was the best in that division and look at what happened to Hopkins when he fought him. The belt was returned to its rightful owner.

You can't penalize him for that. He lost to Dawson but he beat the man who beat Dawson. I don't wanna hear that bullshit about Dawson not being at his best. He's notoriously mentally weak at points and doesn't show up at times, so how do you give him a pass for not doing what he's paid to do but down some other fighter for going out and doing what few thought he actually would do? Doesn't make sense. His age is always a factor, and he broke a record because of his age. Can't separate that from him or his legacy. He's doing things that none of us will live to see duplicated. I bet you Dawson don't fight til that age. If he takes a couple more ass whoppings it's over for him

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2013, 11:13 PM) *
You can't penalize him for that. He lost to Dawson but he beat the man who beat Dawson. I don't wanna hear that bullshit about Dawson not being at his best. He's notoriously mentally weak at points and doesn't show up at times, so how do you give him a pass for not doing what he's paid to do but down some other fighter for going out and doing what few thought he actually would do? Doesn't make sense. His age is always a factor, and he broke a record because of his age. Can't separate that from him or his legacy. He's doing things that none of us will live to see duplicated. I bet you Dawson don't fight til that age. If he takes a couple more ass whoppings it's over for him

nah Dawson lost fair and square. Am not denying that he'll still beating people at a high level. But it's just so much easier to do now. Compared to then

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #49

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 14 2013, 05:17 PM) *
nah Dawson lost fair and square. Am not denying that he'll still beating people at a high level. But it's just so much easier to do now. Compared to then

Easier for who?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 14 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Hopkins obviously, I mean he beat Cloud to win the IBF title, but realistically Cloud was the weakest of LHW champions.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:43 AM