IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roach believes killer instinct is key, Will this play right into Bradley's hands??
Franchize
post Mar 23 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

Maybe I'm blind but I just don't see the big difference in today' Manny and the old Manny. I just think people became hip to what he's doing AND he's fighting bigger fighters now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 23 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2014, 04:56 PM) *
Maybe I'm blind but I just don't see the big difference in today' Manny and the old Manny. I just think people became hip to what he's doing AND he's fighting bigger fighters now.

He used to brawl more ...went for the kill. Now he looks happy coasting the last Marquez fight I gotta give it to him he was on it but it cost him.. m just saying he should stay boxing for his own sake ..but do you manny

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 27 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #23

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Lol i hope people aren't displeased with what Pacquiao did to Margarito, granted Margarito should've been banned and shouldnt even had been in that ring but what Pac did to him still proved something, he's a badass.

This is the same Margarito that destroyed Sergio Martinez, stood Toe to toe with Paul williams, and Made cotto his bitch, all before that shane mosely match.

We're talking about little ass Pacquiao vsing the big bad Margarito, reminds me of bully tryna pick on the quiet kid in class without knowing he's a black belt.

NOT fighting Toe to Toe with Margarito is always a good idea lol, that dude got a chin

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 27 2014, 12:50 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 27 2014, 01:30 PM) *
Lol i hope people aren't displeased with what Pacquiao did to Margarito, granted Margarito should've been banned and shouldnt even had been in that ring but what Pac did to him still proved something, he's a badass.

This is the same Margarito that destroyed Sergio Martinez, stood Toe to toe with Paul williams, and Made cotto his bitch, all before that shane mosely match.

We're talking about little ass Pacquiao vsing the big bad Margarito, reminds me of bully tryna pick on the quiet kid in class without knowing he's a black belt.

NOT fighting Toe to Toe with Margarito is always a good idea lol, that dude got a chin

.......superior cardio and a come forward pressure style with cast on your hands will do alot of good fighters in...just saying.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 27 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 27 2014, 01:30 PM) *

It's easy to beat a guy to death, when he has to suck down an extra 4 lbs. He was 3 lbs north of a weight that he couldn't make anymore (147), and 4 lbs south of what weight he was actually supposed to fight at (154). I wont say that Manny's speed didn't have anything to do with it either.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Mar 27 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #26

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2014, 05:56 PM) *

from a technical standpoint, i think he's the same exact fighter he was in the past. but to me, he's taken a step back in terms of his speed and relentlessness, which he relied on in his early career to compensate for his mistakes. reflexes also...since they're one of the first things to go in an aging fighter.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 27 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Mar 27 2014, 01:37 PM) *
from a technical standpoint, i think he's the same exact fighter he was in the past. but to me, he's taken a step back in terms of his speed and relentlessness, which he relied on in his early career to compensate for his mistakes. reflexes also...since they're one of the first things to go in an aging fighter.

He is shop warn, all those wars caught up with him. Maybe he was on the juice and his intensity declined, I have no idea. I know against Rios he was gun shy and I could tell he didn't have his sea legs and confidence back. I wish his trainer would STFU about knocking people out and Bradley being so easy blah blah blah. That type of talk will get your fighter hurt. I honestly this Bradley is going to be too much for him.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 27 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 27 2014, 12:50 PM) *
.......superior cardio and a come forward pressure style with cast on your hands will do alot of good fighters in...just saying.

Exactly!!! And let's not act as if Margarito wasn't one of the easiest boxers to hit cleanly and often as someone as fast at MP was it wasn't a surprise that he'd nearly double the amount of shots anyone has landed.

I think people are ASS-uming that MP actually boxes because of his performance vs Rios, the reason Manny fought that way was based on the fact that he knew he could not stand toe to toe with Brandon and he basically had a smaller version of Margarito in front of him with a guy that is just as easy to hit, slow and uses his face for his defense.

As far as punching power, then let's just say that Pacquiao has always been vastly overrated on his. Sure he stopped a shopworn Hatton who was basically running into his shots face forward but since then he hasn't done anything special and has never shown the true one hitter quitter power that a fighter with real punching power possesses against someone who has a great beard.

It's safe to say that I'm rooting for Bradley because contrary to nearly everyone else I thought Tim did win that fight and as long as he doesn't get into the exchanges with MP and keeps the crowd of it then he can win it comfortably.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 27 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #29

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 27 2014, 07:33 PM) *
Exactly!!! And let's not act as if Margarito wasn't one of the easiest boxers to hit cleanly and often as someone as fast at MP was it wasn't a surprise that he'd nearly double the amount of shots anyone has landed.

I think people are ASS-uming that MP actually boxes because of his performance vs Rios, the reason Manny fought that way was based on the fact that he knew he could not stand toe to toe with Brandon and he basically had a smaller version of Margarito in front of him with a guy that is just as easy to hit, slow and uses his face for his defense.

As far as punching power, then let's just say that Pacquiao has always been vastly overrated on his. Sure he stopped a shopworn Hatton who was basically running into his shots face forward but since then he hasn't done anything special and has never shown the true one hitter quitter power that a fighter with real punching power possesses against someone who has a great beard.

It's safe to say that I'm rooting for Bradley because contrary to nearly everyone else I thought Tim did win that fight and as long as he doesn't get into the exchanges with MP and keeps the crowd of it then he can win it comfortably.

ill give pacman his props for power he put away some bad asses on his way up but power aint the end all to a solid boxer....his speed has been the bigger factor to me punches in bunches at angles

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:48 AM