> David Haye, Makes an Offer
BGv2.0
post Jan 3 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 08:40 AM) *
, I have convinced myself that Haye will win the fights.  The key for a Haye victory is to get inside.  Wlad cannot use his advantages on the inside at all and David Haye is elusive enough when he is on his game to slip the jab and land two, three punches up close.  He can then get outside again because Wlad does not have the heart of a warrior and won't recklessly fire back even though the opportunity will present itself.  Both men will tire down the stretch but it is Haye who will have the mental strength to overcome adversity and Wlad who will begin to doubt himself.  The right hand over the top will be a frequent weapon for Haye and by round 8 both men will be badly swollen around the eyes.  Haye, weighing little over 208-210 will have trained for a long fight and trained to stay on his toes..  Wlad is unable to maul him and in round 10 a right hand from Haye will sit Wladimir on the seat of his behind.  He will climb up but Haye will
jump him and several more punches will result in the referees intervention..

We will find out in late April early May.

It sure reads exciting. But as an avid HW fan...I have found that any fight with the Klits with even the slightest level of buildup...is usually a BORING DUD in the end.

All of the weight to make a interesting fight win or lose falls on Haye.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Jan 3 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #42

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

Wlad will batter Haye badly.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jan 3 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #43

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (JD @ Jan 3 2011, 03:39 PM) *

that's how i see it. i've seen enough of Haye and Wlad to know that Haye just wont be able to beat Wlad. Wlad is going to keep him back with the jab and tie him up in the early rounds when Haye is still game then once loses a step he'll start catching him with the right hand.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 2 2011, 10:00 PM) *
Why do you think that now? I know he gassed out years ago in a cruiserweight bout when he got stopped.

He went longer with Ruiz. He went the distance with Valuev.

You think just the mental pressure will get to him?

You would think he would be in great shape for a fight with Wlad and be able to go more than 4 rounds, at least I do. Unless there is a KO before that of course.

i just say that because it always looks like he's about to go to his corner and get on an oxygen tank.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 3 2011, 05:29 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jan 3 2011, 08:40 AM) *
Ollie, you won't be surprised to read that I am yet to read a plausible explanation for how Haye can defeat either of the Klitschko's.  Does he run in and hope to do a Corrie Sanders ruthless assault on Wlad, does he attempt to use speed of movement and try to take the fight on points?  Does he play a game of patience waiting for the moment to loop his right hand over the top of Wlad's jab and take him out with one shot?  Does he even hit harder enough to drop Wlad with one shot? 

Everything points to Haye finding himself outgunned and outclassed.  See, speed is supposed to be Haye's big advantage but Wad is no slouch in the speed department and he possesses timing as well.  Timing kills speed alone and Wlad has both.  A jab from Wlad is strong enough to seriously hurt Haye and put him in trouble. 

However, I have convinced myself that Haye will win the fights.  The key for a Haye victory is to get inside.  Wlad cannot use his advantages on the inside at all and David Haye is elusive enough when he is on his game to slip the jab and land two, three punches up close.  He can then get outside again because Wlad does not have the heart of a warrior and won't recklessly fire back even though the opportunity will present itself.  Both men will tire down the stretch but it is Haye who will have the mental strength to overcome adversity and Wlad who will begin to doubt himself.  The right hand over the top will be a frequent weapon for Haye and by round 8 both men will be badly swollen around the eyes.  Haye, weighing little over 208-210 will have trained for a long fight and trained to stay on his toes..  Wlad is unable to maul him and in round 10 a right hand from Haye will sit Wladimir on the seat of his behind.  He will climb up but Haye will
jump him and several more punches will result in the referees intervention..

We will find out in late April early May.

Well thanks for at least giving me a detailed breakdown as to the how and why even if I don't agree with most of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

See I think the jab from either bro will land on Haye frequently. The problem for Haye is he's never faced a speciman like a Klit. True neither guy has faced a Haye either although Vitali obviously faced Lennox but that was an aeon ago.

Both guys have a decent uppercut as well which I think will prevent Haye from getting to the inside. You think Haye can get to the inside, I don't. He faced a guy who was slow as molases in Valuev and he still looked hesitant to get inside and hit the kill button. Not that I've seen.

Haye has to come in quite light for this fight and force them to fight the full 3minutes of every round. Wlad we know can gas although Steward has done a fine job of restroing his confidence.

Smashing Ruiz and Harrison doesn't convince me that he has the tools to get the job done. Getting knocked down by Barrett worries me more.

I think both brothers will bring their 'A' jabs to the fight and will break down Haye just like they do everyone else. Left, left, overhand right all night long. Has Haye got the heart to find a way through it? Hmmmmm.

I do hope we see this in April/May, funnily enough I want to see Haye/Klit(s) more than Pac/PBF

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 3 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #45

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Wlad Klitschko will make an example of David Haye...

That's a fight I really wanna see...

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 3 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #46

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 3 2011, 05:22 PM) *
Wlad Klitschko will make an example of David Haye...

That's a fight I really wanna see...

I hope he does make an example of Haye. It would be good to see him come out of his shell and beat the bitch impersonator out of him. But, at least Haye shows up in reasonable shape, unlike the majority of the heavies these days. He has good speed, decent movement and decent power.

If Wlad decides to make an example of Haye, he may just open himself up to a faceplanting experience.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jan 3 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #47

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (JD @ Jan 3 2011, 03:39 PM) *

Doubt It!

Wlad may K.O Haye but he won't batter him. Haye is far to skilled and athletic to sit there and get "battered".

+Quote Post
JD
post Jan 4 2011, 08:02 AM
Post #48

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jan 3 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Doubt It!

Wlad may K.O Haye but he won't batter him. Haye is far to skilled and athletic to sit there and get "battered".

He won't sit there...he will try to get inside and eat a jab and a hook / right. He will try to back up and eat a jab and a hook / right.

Wlad will in fact KO Haye, yes you are correct, but only after battering him. No, this won't be a 12 round battering because Haye cannot absorb that kind of punishment - he will be knocked out long before that. But he will be battered for however many rounds he can last before being knocked out.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jan 4 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #49

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

lol...JD and I have been all over this call for ages...

I see it goin' one of two ways...

1. Wlad feels him out for a few and destroys him within 6...maybe accidentally... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

2. Wlad carries and tortures him on purpose...

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 4 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #50

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jan 4 2011, 05:44 AM) *
lol...JD and I have been all over this call for ages...

I see it goin' one of two ways...

1. Wlad feels him out for a few and destroys him within 6...maybe accidentally... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

2. Wlad carries and tortures him on purpose...

Fuck Haye. I can't stand the piece of shit. I just checked out the Barrett fight, again. Haye hits Barrett when he is obviously on the canvass two separate times with no consequence, then the ref takes time to deduct a point from Barrett when he does the same thing while The Bitch Impersonator theatrically plays to the crowd on one knee. I thought Haye must be Canadian and the fight must be in Quebec City for a moment there.

I hope you are right. The odds are with you, but Haye can definitely hurt Wlad early and get him outta there.

This post has been edited by SmartyBeardo: Jan 4 2011, 10:08 AM

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:21 AM