> collazo vs thurman, no retreat, no surrender
MAHDI
post Feb 14 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #31

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 04:11 PM) *
I don't know, him and Paulie would be a good fight but I think at this point in both careers, Paulie is the better fighter.

He has nothing to gain from beating Malinaggi but everything to gain from beating Thurman...Keith is on the rise while Paulie is making one last run. Besides Malinaggi said they wouldn't fight more then likely

After being buzzed by Soto Karass.. Thurman was on his bike big time.. chin questionable, but seems sturdy enough... hey he got the stoppage though. But he can be hit and hurt. His power is impressive and was on display against Soto Karras, yet Soto karas is not defensive at all. Thurman keeps his hands lows, winds up big with the right, and leaves wholes yet he makes up for it with athleticism and power. He has not faced a tight technician yet... Collazo is a damned good fighter in my view and cannot be slept on by anyone. I don't see Thurman having an east time at all with him if they ever meet.

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 14 2014, 09:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 15 2014, 03:58 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Thurman brook, collazo brook, and Thurman collazo would all be good scraps... For some reason I get a snoozer vibe from hearing paulie collazo. Neither really has enough pop to shock the other and their styles could make for a very sloppy looking fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 16 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 14 2014, 08:17 PM) *
After being buzzed by Soto Karass.. Thurman was on his bike big time.. chin questionable, but seems sturdy enough... hey he got the stoppage though. But he can be hit and hurt. His power is impressive and was on display against Soto Karras, yet Soto karas is not defensive at all. Thurman keeps his hands lows, winds up big with the right, and leaves wholes yet he makes up for it with athleticism and power. He has not faced a tight technician yet... Collazo is a damned good fighter in my view and cannot be slept on by anyone. I don't see Thurman having an east time at all with him if they ever meet.

I see Thurman beating him, either by ko or by brutal decision. Collazo has always been game but I don't see how he can hold off Thurman from tearing into him after about 4 or 5rds. Maidana backed out of a fight with Thurman and he's 10x better then Collazo, that's saying something. If they fought that would be a career ender for Luis

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 17 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #34

Super Bantamweight

Collazo has not taken that much punishment and has been in rugged with Berto, Hatton, Mosley... He beat both Berto and Hatton but was not given the nods... If Collazo can go 12 with Mosley then he can hang in there with Thurman. Collazo also will not just come face first like Thurman's last opponent. Thurman looks like a Juggernaut but Soto karas is a face fighter.. one dimensional. I am not sold on Thurman while admitting he is good, but I am not so quick to say he is a career ender. He is very hittable. Soto Karas was the best he has faced yet yet in his career and he was in trouble early...Maidana 10 times better than Collazo??? I will wait to see how Collazo moves forward and looks in his next bout.

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 17 2014, 01:32 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 17 2014, 09:16 AM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 17 2014, 12:28 AM) *
Collazo has not taken that much punishment and has been in rugged with Berto, Hatton, Mosley... He beat both Berto and Hatton but was not given the nods... If Collazo can go 12 with Mosley then he can hang in there with Thurman. Collazo also will not just come face first like Thurman's last opponent. Thurman looks like a Juggernaut but Soto karas is a face fighter.. one dimensional. I am not sold on Thurman while admitting he is good, but I am not so quick to say he is a career ender. He is very hittable. Soto Karas was the best he has faced yet yet in his career and he was in trouble early...Maidana 10 times better than Collazo??? I will wait to see how Collazo moves forward and looks in his next bout.

Yes Marcos is 10x better then Luis, if those two were to fight it would be a clear win for Marcos. I think he best Berto but he had trouble in that fight and though Collazo isn't a face first fighter his defense isn't nothing to write home about. Thurman is a more all around fighter. I don't believe Collazo could stand up to that. Truthfully the only time Keith is very hittable is when he's throwing those wide shots trying to mix it up but when he boxes those windows close. Can't say the sme.dor Luis. But this fight won't happen because like Marcos, Collazo don't want it. I wonder why lol

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 17 2014, 09:57 AM
Post #36

Super Bantamweight

Collazo just Kod Ortiz and is trying to get him a better fight that would bring more money. Thurman does get wide... often, yet he does have good all around skill. Just not sold on him being the killer he is being made out to be. He has good power, but not "one time" power. he gets wide against a guy who can land the right shot an he could be in serious trouble. I am interested to see where both these guys go. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Collazo is a world beater, but he is good fighter..experienced. Not an easy out -- Ortiz learned that...

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 17 2014, 09:58 AM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 17 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #37

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Keith takes a convincing UD in 12 rounds over Collazo to unify the lesser belts. 116-112 and 117-111 (twice.) I think he could beat the legitimate world champion, Marcus Maidana, but I would like to see Maidana get one more solid win before I could make the prediction stick.

Jack

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 18 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #38

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 17 2014, 05:17 PM) *
Keith takes a convincing UD in 12 rounds over Collazo to unify the lesser belts. 116-112 and 117-111 (twice.) I think he could beat the legitimate world champion, Marcus Maidana, but I would like to see Maidana get one more solid win before I could make the prediction stick.

Jack

I can see your view in a Collazo vs Thurman match. I think Collazo has the beard to go 12 with him in there...Maidana and Thurman would be a good match up. I would be able to see if Maidana can make Thurman pay when he gets wide with his shots and if Thurman can take some consistent power shots. He has good movement, but his movement did not stop his last opponent from landing significant power shots. Maidana has a good beard. Broner buzzed him late, but I think that was more due to fatigue from teeing off on Broner's head and body all night.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:21 AM