IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward vs Pavlik, "I ain't afraid of no ghost." Ward chooses Pavlik, as expe
Is Kelly Pavlik a real threat to Andre Ward?
What's Ward's motivation behind fighting Pavlik?
He wants to stay active/ This is a tune-up fight for Ward. [ 7 ] ** [30.43%]
Pavlik is a real threat and Ward relishes the challenge [ 2 ] ** [8.70%]
Ward just wants another "name" on his resume' [ 5 ] ** [21.74%]
Ward wants to have a "credible" opponent at super middleweight because he isn't ready to move to light heavy. [ 5 ] ** [21.74%]
Ward wants to completely wipe out the enitre divison. [ 4 ] ** [17.39%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Franchize
post Nov 28 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

So I'm sure you guys all know this fight will be going down on Jan 26th. I'm also sure you guys know this has been in the works for some time now. I usually don't start threads but I was very curious and intrigue by this fight. Ward is a charismatic guy but he doesn't really promote himself or call people out much. It seemed however that he talked about tis fight more than most fights he's been in (maybe it's just me). I'm just curious to know what you guys think about Ward's motive behind seemingly promoting this fight. I also oviously would like to know if you guys think Pavlik has more than a puncher's chance at winning. Is he a threat or is this a classic case of adding a name to a boxer's resume' while his popularity is at a high? Personally, even if it is, I think Ward has earned that given his resume' the last 2 or so years. Just wanted to gauge where my fellow sweet science enthusiast were on this matter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 28 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Definitely a stay-busy fight for Ward...and I just hope that he doesn't carry himself in that manner, for this fight. Surely he wont, but who knows. Pavlik is decent name on Ward's resume, besides, aint shit else poppin' in the SWM division anyway, thanks to Ward cleaning it out. Lol.

Pavlik's fought the best in the past, and has recently fought a string of about 10 no-hopers in the past 2 years...so I'll go out on a limb and say that he's worked hard for this. Alcohol has been the undisputed champ that Pavlik couldn't beat, so if he finally got the W against alcohol, then he has a chance against Ward.

A chance, how? Who knows. I don't see that same sting on punches, as he had at 160. He has moved up in weight, so that may be the case here. Me thinks that Ward is gonna take him to the cleaners in this one, but he needs to be careful....Kelly can still be dangerous after being hurt in fights.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 28 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Options 1,3 and 5. Easy W and payday for Ward.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

This poll is kinda dumb...the options are too obvious or similar to make any real comparisons.

I think Pavlik is a good opponent, I don't see how he wouldn't be. I also think he's probably going to get one of the worst beatings of his life.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i would rather see pavlik/froch with the winner facing ward.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 28 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 01:15 PM) *
This poll is kinda dumb...the options are too obvious or similar to make any real comparisons.

I think Pavlik is a good opponent, I don't see how he wouldn't be. I also think he's probably going to get one of the worst beatings of his life.

So then why is he a good opponent? I see your dumb poll and raise you a dumb statement lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 28 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 28 2012, 02:50 PM) *
i would rather see pavlik/froch with the winner facing ward.

I think Froch could beat Kelly, plus he has a date with Bute. But I think a Pavlic vs kessler fight would be very good, but Kelly stands no chance if he decides to fight like a brawler with Garcia at his corner and he can't box ward either... His best chance is to land something very significant.

On another note betcha Kelly Pavlic, ward, and Martinez are all pissed they didn't take that Bute fight when they had the chance tho lol

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Nov 28 2012, 03:19 PM) *
So then why is he a good opponent? I see your dumb poll and raise you a dumb statement lol

I mean like it's asking too much; it's unnecessary...the options you made are too similar of reasons that are obvious to why he'd fight Pavlik. They're not really comparable. Or at least just how I see it...ignore me lol aint really that serious

He's good because he's Kelly Pavlik......lol

actually for the hell of it,

He wants to stay active/ This is a tune-up fight for Ward. (Both are dumb and not similar answers. It's not like Ward is at any point in his career to be retiring and Kelly Pavlik is still some sort of threat, not really a tune-up)
Pavlik is a real threat and Ward relishes the challenge (obvious answer; wanting to fight to fight Pavlik)
Ward just wants another "name" on his resume' (obvious answer; you're fighting....)
Ward wants to have a "credible" opponent at super middleweight because he isn't ready to move to light heavy. (somewhat obvious answer; fighting anyone before "if ever" moving to a diff weight class, whether credible or not)
Ward wants to completely wipe out the enitre divison. (kind of outrageous, but the only logical option here to be of any significant difference)

This post has been edited by sduck: Nov 28 2012, 05:12 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 29 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 04:55 PM) *
I mean like it's asking too much; it's unnecessary...the options you made are too similar of reasons that are obvious to why he'd fight Pavlik. They're not really comparable. Or at least just how I see it...ignore me lol aint really that serious

He's good because he's Kelly Pavlik......lol

actually for the hell of it,

He wants to stay active/ This is a tune-up fight for Ward. (Both are dumb and not similar answers. It's not like Ward is at any point in his career to be retiring and Kelly Pavlik is still some sort of threat, not really a tune-up)
Pavlik is a real threat and Ward relishes the challenge (obvious answer; wanting to fight to fight Pavlik)
Ward just wants another "name" on his resume' (obvious answer; you're fighting....)
Ward wants to have a "credible" opponent at super middleweight because he isn't ready to move to light heavy. (somewhat obvious answer; fighting anyone before "if ever" moving to a diff weight class, whether credible or not)
Ward wants to completely wipe out the enitre divison. (kind of outrageous, but the only logical option here to be of any significant difference)

#1 Some would say Kelly Pavlik is done. I mean he's fought some tomato can-ish opponents and still didn't look great. So, obviously I disagree that it was dumb.
#2 Not everyone wants another "name". Cotto fighting Trout should be evidence of that. I don't think anyone would have blamed Cotto if he went for the biggest "name" out there. He deserves it. Instead, he's fighting a tough opponent who is virtually unknown to the casual boxing fan.
#3 Some fighters want to move up in weight and could care less if they leave food on the table. Some fighters want to reign supreme as long as possible before moving up in weight. I don't think any of us know which guy Ward is yet. So once again, not dumb.
#4 Once again, not all fighters care to wipe out their division. Some care to beat the biggest names. Some want to unify the belts. Some want the biggest money fights. Some wanna fight anybody anywhere. Still not getting what was so "dumb".

But then again, to each is own. At the very least, it was as interesting enough topic for people to respond.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 29 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Don't even worry about it bruh, I was just bein a dick, I apologize.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:53 AM