IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Garcia vs. Victor Ortiz, good debut for Danny at 147?
Dolimite
post Dec 11 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

I would like to see Garcia vs. Ortiz. I think this will be a good measure for Danny to see if he can compete at WW. This is a toss up match for me. If Ortiz comes to fight with no mental issues it could get interesting, Ortiz can hit. If Danny outboxes and hits Ortiz with that left hook we can see what Ortiz is made of. Also, imagine Angel clowning Ortiz with his "hey bro" impersonation! Classic
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 11 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Depending on how ortiz looks I like it to. But I'm sure haymon and gbp will go the safer route with paulie

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 11 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I see Malinaggi and Garcia fighting. GB is fond of Victor, as are they of Danny so I don't see this match up happening anytime soon. I think what GB is trying to build to is a potential huge fight between Garcia and Broner. The groundwork from both camps and the promoter is being laid for it as we speak. It's a good fight though, Ortiz would make things interesting if he comes in focused

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 11 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2013, 04:34 PM) *
Depending on how ortiz looks I like it to. But I'm sure haymon and gbp will go the safer route with paulie

I think Paulie would actually win. If Paulie hanged with Broner and damn near won, I think he would have a great shot against Danny. Imagine if we get Paulie and Floyd in September!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 11 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 11 2013, 06:15 PM) *
I think Paulie would actually win. If Paulie hanged with Broner and damn near won, I think he would have a great shot against Danny. Imagine if we get Paulie and Floyd in September!

People need to stop drinking the kool aid and saying this shit. It was competitive but after round 6 Adrien took over, Paulie was just active..as he was throughout the whole fight. Re-watch the fight again, Malinaggi's head was getting whipped like mashed potatoes in that fight. He was just active with a jab, nothing he did besides his activity was impressive. Broner landed the cleaner and more telling blows. A lot of the punches Paulie threw weren't landing. Not trying to jump on you but it's time to stop with this Paulie almost won shit, he didn't win and he did nothing to win besides being busy

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

It's sad that we have wonder which Ortiz shows up, but with that in mind, I believe he upsets the apple cart here.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 11 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 11 2013, 08:15 PM) *

You know people forget how much trouble Danny had with a straight puncher in morales the first fight. Paulie definitely is no push over but what I meant by safe is, paulie can't knock out a light switch so the cards (literally and figuratively) would be stacked against him. And as Cshels said the foundation for a potential broner Garcia fight is being laid down and what better way to stir things up than comparing performances against similar opponents.

When broner and garcia were coming up I had a hunch they would turn into the cotto and mayweather type of saga.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 12 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2013, 10:00 PM) *
You know people forget how much trouble Danny had with a straight puncher in morales the first fight. Paulie definitely is no push over but what I meant by safe is, paulie can't knock out a light switch so the cards (literally and figuratively) would be stacked against him. And as year of the Chi said the foundation for a potential broner Garcia fight is being laid down and what better way to stir things up than comparing performances against similar opponents.

When broner and garcia were coming up I had a hunch they would turn into the cotto and mayweather type of saga.

Get your quotes right Check

They trying to make a potential Broner-Garcia fight a blockbuster. I fully expect them to be in match ups where the opposition is favorable to them

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 12 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

The Ortiz that needs to Show up to win that fight likley won't ....but.. if he does Danny got a war brewing

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 12 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #10

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

I don't want to see Ortiz fight anyone. I enjoyed the time he and his broken jaw spent outside the business. This kid is severely delusional. I think something aint right in that head of his. Seriously. He constantly talks like the world owes him something. Dumb mofo owes the WORLD, not the other way around. The less exposure he gets, the better...

Sometimes I hate the fact boxing is just a business...and whats worse...that stupidity and lack of gray matter gets fighters fights they want....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 08:01 AM