IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 19 2013, 05:37 PM) *
I think Mayweather-Gurrero is gonna be like Mayweather-Hatton. It will be a Nevada ref who won't like Guerrero fight inside often enough to do his thing. The ref won't show the favorable bias to Mayweather like Cortez did in the Hatton fight, (although even I was annoyed with Hatton holding.) For Guerrero to win against Floyd, it's almost gotta be in California with a California ref who will let Robert do whatever he wants. No such luck in Nevada. However, It will be Floyd's toughest fight since Castillo I and I'll say 116-112 for Floyd on all cards.

Floyd Mayweather , layoff of not, is no Berto. Floyd's too smart and skilled, especially with Vegas officials seeing things his way in terms of any close rounds or what Floyd can do to an opponent.

Jack

see...everyone is making the floyd/berto comparisons....in my mind, they need to look at the guerrero/cotto comparisons to understand this better. guerrero is a sharper puncher than cotto at this point. he also is a committed body puncher and he takes a waaaay better shot than cotto. he's slightly bigger maybe stronger and faster. i don't care what the cards say....i had cotto winning five of the twelve against floyd. i get the feeling guerrero will at the very least equal that. i won't be shocked if he happens to drop floyd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 19 2013, 05:50 PM) *
^totally agree except i think guerrero is being miscast. he brings more to the table than hatton or castillo did in my opinion in that guerrero is versatile. he fights in more ways than one

edit: replying to Jack 1000 lol

yessir.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 19 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 19 2013, 06:39 PM) *
When I heard about this showtime deal, it reminded me of a special moment in my life. I remember shell toes had made a come back n all my cousins N friends had the white n black ones. I finally convinced my mom to get me a pair only to find out they were sold out. So i ended up with some. Whte n Teal joints. When my ppls saw em, it was like I discovered gold. They were in awe. I felt like I had the biggest dick in the world.

Floyd just copped the teal Adidas lol! He just shat on the titan of boxing lol. Who in the hell at HBO let that shit happen? You wanna talk about fired?You lose Floyd right after the worst moment in Mannys careee? Does this mean Canelo is going the Showtime route too? Hbo just got buttfucked, chapped with no lube lol. Im sure they will rebound but man... Lampleys 3D glasses have to be going crazy. We get to see a Mayweather fight and actually hear non biased, knowledgeable commentary. Thank you!

As for the fight...I expect it to be ugly. I expect Guerrero to hug and hit all night. I expect cuts and point deductions,

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) great post!!! i totally agree! the adidas analogy was on point! i'm rocking my adidas as we speak! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #64

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

This will replicate Mayweather-Hatton. The only thing I feel is that Guerrero will get hit often. Berto wasn't the only one with a closed eye in that Berto-Guerrero fight. I don't think Floyd's lost much of a step as far as the Cotto fight goes like people claim. People forget Floyd didn't fight just ANYBODY Floyd fought Miguel Cotto. That fight was never supposed to be easy no matter if it happened in 2012 or 2005. For some reason I feel like Floyd has developed more power. Cotto was coming but Floyd was walking him down round 12. This will be an ugly fight. Guerrero will fight on the inside but I think Floyd will come out victories. I give Guerrero 3 rounds 4 max.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 19 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #65

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 19 2013, 06:16 PM) *
i agree with you on berto being easier to hit than floyd....but i'll also point out that guerrero took bertos best shots and didn't even blink. guerrero will work the body and floyd will get touched in this fight. mark my word. he may even get dropped. guerrero was a bad choice of opponent and i'm surprised floyd sr allowed him to face this southpaw.

Guerrero couldn't drop Berto and Berto defense sucked and he was against the ropes the ENTIRE fight. If Shane, Chop Chop, Cotto, and Zab could not drop Mayweather there is no way in this beautiful created God's green Earth that Guerrero has enough power to floor Mayweather. Professor I just think you are play devil's advocate! Its cool that I like the balance. Berto hit Guerrero in sprees, not in balk. He did not hit Robert with combinations instead he hit him in spurts. If Mayweather constantly touches him then what is the Ghost going to do. Robert does not impress not in his last fights, I am sorry. He has heart and he took a break to help his wife but come what does Robert really have? Then again this is boxing and anyone can can be defeated. SO lets see what happens.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 19 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #66

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

This is good news as it also frees up HBO to make other meaningful fights. I also hope Mayweather fights more often. I care far more about who Mayweather fights. RG is only "meh". It will do. I like RG's style, just not his ability in a Mayweather fight. Canelo is obviously next and I think that happens whether or not he wins or loses. I think that is an interesting fight unless Canelo looks really average against Trout. Then you have the big names...Sergio Martinez, Manny Pacquaio, and Adrien Broner. Those are the 3 guys I want to see Mayweather in the ring with in 2014 and 2015. I have NO interest in seeing Floyd waste the last few years of his career against guys like Berto, Garcia, or Alexander. Go for the big challenges, Floyd. It's those big challenges that will ultimately decide your legacy.

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Feb 19 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #67

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

If Guerrero tries to lean on Floyd and pin him on the ropes like he did against Berto, I would expect to see Floyd do a lot more spinning and countering. G was basically putting his head down and plowing forward, sometimes locking up an arm.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #68

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Guerrero couldn't drop Berto and Berto defense sucked and he was against the ropes the ENTIRE fight. If Shane, Chop Chop, Cotto, and Zab could not drop Mayweather there is no way in this beautiful created God's green Earth that Guerrero has enough power to floor Mayweather. Professor I just think you are play devil's advocate! Its cool that I like the balance. Berto hit Guerrero in sprees, not in balk. He did not hit Robert with combinations instead he hit him in spurts. If Mayweather constantly touches him then what is the Ghost going to do. Robert does not impress not in his last fights, I am sorry. He has heart and he took a break to help his wife but come what does Robert really have? Then again this is boxing and anyone can can be defeated. SO lets see what happens.

I agree with everything you said. However Guerrero did drop Berto twice I think in the opening if the fight. But Berto definitely shut Guerrero's eyes too. I can't see Ghost dropping fliyd or winning against Floyd. It WILL be an ugly fight for sure though.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 19 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #69

Bantamweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 19 2013, 10:10 PM) *
This is good news as it also frees up HBO to make other meaningful fights. I also hope Mayweather fights more often. I care far more about who Mayweather fights. RG is only "meh". It will do. I like RG's style, just not his ability in a Mayweather fight. Canelo is obviously next and I think that happens whether or not he wins or loses. I think that is an interesting fight unless Canelo looks really average against Trout. Then you have the big names...Sergio Martinez, Manny Pacquaio, and Adrien Broner. Those are the 3 guys I want to see Mayweather in the ring with in 2014 and 2015. I have NO interest in seeing Floyd waste the last few years of his career against guys like Berto, Garcia, or Alexander. Go for the big challenges, Floyd. It's those big challenges that will ultimately decide your legacy.

Broner and his Trainer both said a Fight with Floyd will never happen.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 19 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #70

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Money changes everything. In 2 or 3 years, there is a chance.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:59 AM