IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao hires outside firm to handle boxing contracts, Alters landscape of Team Pacquiao; Arum will be PISSED
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 21 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #41

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,224

Bout fucking time Pellet Pacman Your moving in the right direction. Not sure if I would trust that new firm but atleast your smelling the smoke that Blob Arum and Mike Kuntz is burning with your money. I would have thought by 2 yrs ago you would have been moved away from Arum after what happened with Floyd and Delahoya but we all know your not that smart. This will ultimately lead to the Mayweather and Pacman fight possibly next year and the chances are greater. It says Manny never had no problem with taking the test to fight May at all throughout the whole fight. It was actually The Blob , Konkz, and The Shit Talking Roach that didn't want Manny to take the test. I think it's about time Manny jumps ship from Bottom Rank and go to Golden Boy. Atleast he won't have to deal with that type of problem. Soon Manny's inevitable asswhooping will happen and his team tried to protect him from it will utterly fail.

#boxingbitches

This post has been edited by BoxingWizard23: Jul 21 2011, 12:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 21 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #42

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

I think they were just protecting Pac from looking stupid. Pacquiao never wanted to take those tests, and now, suddenly, magically, he hasn't cared about no damn tests for a year, he just wants the fight so very badly to make the fans happy. Why couldn't he get over his phony superstition a year and 4 months ago? There need not have been all this nonsense if he just got over his own stupidity in March 2010.

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 21 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (riddick @ Jul 21 2011, 04:44 AM) *
Hey guys, what you think about PPV buys May-Ortiz and Marquez-Pac, which will more.Arum expect 1,6 million Pac's fight, i think will be 1.4 maximum 1.5 million.And Floyd fights will be 1.6, Floyd - Money!!!!!!!!!

I think they both do a little over a mil, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. We'll see. If Ortiz can go out and convince people that he can win, then it might become a big PPV hit.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 21 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #44

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Mayweather-Ortiz will do more buys. Mayweather is the biggest PPV star in the sport.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 21 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #45

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 21 2011, 01:05 PM) *
I think they were just protecting Pac from looking stupid. Pacquiao never wanted to take those tests, and now, suddenly, magically, he hasn't cared about no damn tests for a year, he just wants the fight so very badly to make the fans happy. Why couldn't he get over his phony superstition a year and 4 months ago? There need not have been all this nonsense if he just got over his own stupidity in March 2010.

like ive been saying for over a year now... im not sold that pac knew the full details of the test.. when i say that i mean i dont think pac himself not his team but the fighter knew the extent of what was being asked of him... i think he believes in his heart he can win that fight... its his team... ive said this all along... his team dont wanna make that fight... the fighter is a warrior... as a team they make him look like a cherry picking punk that dont wanna test and his die hard fans melt all over that like groupies for a boy band... i think people close to him are finally in his ear if even a little letting him know what SOME of the REAL DEAL is... these next few weeks and maybe even month or so should be interesting inside team pac... like ive said i talk shit on the guy but im against any fighter being fucked over... they draining that guy... im against that...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 21 2011, 02:10 PM
Post #46

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

and ill say this as well... maybe its reaching but i dont think its a coincedense that mayweahter is fighting all of a sudden and all this mess on pacs side is coming out... just saying... and to boot may is fighting a young strong pressing southpaw... something tells me we will all exhale in 2012...

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 21 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #47

Poor, defenseless Pacquiao, with all his magnanimity, is entirely unaware of the facts that we, enlightened outsiders, are fully informed about: that his snake-tongued advisors are conspiring behind his back, with a voice in his ear, and a hand in his pocket. Worse still, they've polluted his brain with the notion that taking small portions of blood from the body invariably weakens you mentally, which, in turn, diminishes your punching power. What manipulators. Poor, naive Pacquiao. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

This post has been edited by Eighty88Eight: Jul 21 2011, 06:36 PM

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 21 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #48

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 21 2011, 03:10 PM) *
... something tells me we will all exhale in 2012...

Why, do you plan on giving birth?

I didnt realize anyone was holding their breath.

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Jul 21 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #49

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 21 2011, 12:07 PM) *
like ive been saying for over a year now... im not sold that pac knew the full details of the test.. when i say that i mean i dont think pac himself not his team but the fighter knew the extent of what was being asked of him... i think he believes in his heart he can win that fight... its his team... ive said this all along... his team dont wanna make that fight... the fighter is a warrior... as a team they make him look like a cherry picking punk that dont wanna test and his die hard fans melt all over that like groupies for a boy band... i think people close to him are finally in his ear if even a little letting him know what SOME of the REAL DEAL is... these next few weeks and maybe even month or so should be interesting inside team pac... like ive said i talk shit on the guy but im against any fighter being fucked over... they draining that guy... im against that...

I agree. I feel the same way. at first i thought that maybe he was ducking him, but after awhile it just seems like pac is left out of the loop they point and say fight and he fights. If you read the timeline that was posted on fighthype 99% of the statements released from team pac were all from Bob Arum,pacquiao doesn't really speak out to the press so who's to say that pac really knew all the details. I like the move he's made Arum better get his ducks in a line or he's out i hope he's out...He's a foul dude

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 21 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #50

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 21 2011, 07:41 PM) *
I agree. I feel the same way. at first i thought that maybe he was ducking him, but after awhile it just seems like pac is left out of the loop they point and say fight and he fights. If you read the timeline that was posted on fighthype 99% of the statements released from team Paq were all from Bob Arum, pacquiao doesn't really speak out to the press so who's to say that pac really knew all the details. I like the move he's made Arum better get his ducks in a line or he's out i hope he's out...He's a foul dude

I'll let the facts come out. Ive seen many a fool make asses of themselves by jumping to conclusions based on limited info and half truths. IF Top Rank really gets 30% of Manny's take, and Manny's take has been ~$80M, then $26M net worth after paying TR, his squad, and whatever else, AND after taxes...$26M ain't that far off.

If VisionQwest has been involved for over a year, Im wondering - WTF is taking so long??? Why would that investigation take so damn fucking long? That doesn't pass the smell test, but neither does their background (let alone the website - I mean, who takes out a help wanted ad for an NBA team???).

I never liked or trusted Michael Koncz, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is a rat, but I'd dare say id be god damn surprised if he was the only one. Hell, we were even getting emails from Filipinos trying to get offers in front of Paq. Its bizarre.

We'll see. It wouldnt surprise me to see Paq trim the fat from his team in his last few big pay days. Its not uncommon. DLH did it. Hopkins did it (although he was on a smaller scale, but theory applies). May has done it. Roy did it I think. Whatever.

Like I said, all this stuff is coming to light, and it would be prudent to just sit back and watch the train wreck.

I think at the end of the day, Arum is as smart as anyone Manny could bring in, so sit back and watch.

This post has been edited by Method: Jul 21 2011, 07:56 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:57 AM