> Better resume: Pacman or Juan Manuel?
mgrover
post Mar 10 2014, 03:09 AM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 10 2014, 05:06 AM) *
It's the debate that will never die. Let's be real, even if they fight, there will still be some fans who continue to make both fighters' names and achievements synonymous with the other

I can only think that the build up would be even worse if they did fight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 10 2014, 03:11 AM
Post #62

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 10 2014, 05:04 AM) *
If you're claiming either of us has Floyd balls in our mouths then we're both claiming you have Pac's d*ck in your ass. Everyone on this forum gives credibility and you're known for having Pac's balls in your jaws but this wasn't about insulting but since you went there then I can go harder. Who really gives a good god damn what a snitch ass like 50 has to say one way or the other; it's just like Mr. Chitown said "had he and Floyd not had that falling out then you'd hear nothing from 50". All this talk from him is no more than sour grapes because Mayweather wouldn't allow himself to be under 50's control/Promotional Company.

The reason it wasn't an issue in the first negotiations was because Arum had conceded to giving Mayweather his 750K back plain and simple so after that it was all business for which we all saw how Manny bitched out of the drug testing with weak and pathetic excuses because he know he was drinking those "SPECIAL SHAKES".

Like I told you before I disagree with you regarding the legacy of who you face not making a difference and how it means little, if all one fighter faced is the likes of Duran's, SRL, Tommy Hearns' and Floyd Mayweathers and the other guy faced a plethora of bums, should the second fighter get more credibility than the one who faced HOFers regardless of the outcomes?

I think we both ought to call it a day and simply agree to disagree and leave it at that but if you want to go on a war of words then I good with that too.

Like I said each to their own, I can go either way

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 10 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 9 2014, 06:43 AM) *
As opposed to what? You Mr I have Floyds balls in my mouth, and Mr Every other opened thread is Mayweather. Who here gives credibility? you two jokers? don't worry I won't be losing any sleep.

If you actually listen to the 50 interview he never said Floyd was scared or any of that shit. I think the Mayweather's want their boxing to be seen as the best boxing ever and thats it. You've heard his dad, his uncles.

Answer this, how come then, the first negotiations Arum wasn't an issue, but he is now? The Mayweathers are full of shit just like Arum, and you'd be an idiot to believe otherwise.

This all start from a simple I understand that fighting the best is worth something, but unless you win, I don't hold is to such a high esteem that it would actually outweight anothers career.

...Oh yeah I never said Mayweather never wanted to fight Pac, I said he didn't want to treat him as an equal, he wanted to treat him like the shit on his shoe because so many people thought he could beat Mayweather and they still do funnily enough. That's probably why Mayweathers panties were in a twist.

I don't have any man's balls in my mouth and I have criticize Floyd on many occasions. He is my favorite fighter that's no secret. But to say Pac is innocent in the whole fight not happening is complete Pac fanboy bull crap. He is his own man and has the final say so of his career. Does Arum work for Pac or does Pac work for Arum? Riddle me this, was it the public and general media that gave Pac the title of "The man to beat Floyd" or was it boxers, trainers and anyone else who knew the ins and outs of boxing? Floyd was the favorite in that fight and he would of give Pac a boxing lesson. He was built up to be the man to beat Floyd which is how he became popular. Second, if you look at all these greats you mentioned they did fight champions (not always the best) but they had a lot of average fighters. Mayweather unless he respects fighters usually treats them like crap, Duran was notorious for treating his opponents bad, so was Tyson (see Evander and Lennox) There have been plenty fighters who look at their opponents less than Ali actually started that trend. Call him out. Yes Pac is a good fighter but like I have said, there are question marks and asterisks next to his biggest fights.... While Mayweather worked for everything that he got literally fought his way to the top Pac, like many others, had the media and great opponents to make them look good, had an easier road.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Mar 10 2014, 01:00 PM
Post #64

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

Tough call here as both Boxers are 1st ballot HOF & they also have great History against each other. I'm gonna lean towards Pacman just as the 2-1-1 score indicates. The achievements/awards has some weight here. The Fighter of the Year awards and Fighter of the decade give him the nod(Even though I had Mayweather edging Pacman for this award).

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 10 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #65

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 10 2014, 05:18 PM) *
I don't have any man's balls in my mouth and I have criticize Floyd on many occasions. He is my favorite fighter that's no secret. But to say Pac is innocent in the whole fight not happening is complete Pac fanboy bull crap. He is his own man and has the final say so of his career. Does Arum work for Pac or does Pac work for Arum? Riddle me this, was it the public and general media that gave Pac the title of "The man to beat Floyd" or was it boxers, trainers and anyone else who knew the ins and outs of boxing? Floyd was the favorite in that fight and he would of give Pac a boxing lesson. He was built up to be the man to beat Floyd which is how he became popular. Second, if you look at all these greats you mentioned they did fight champions (not always the best) but they had a lot of average fighters. Mayweather unless he respects fighters usually treats them like crap, Duran was notorious for treating his opponents bad, so was Tyson (see Evander and Lennox) There have been plenty fighters who look at their opponents less than Ali actually started that trend. Call him out. Yes Pac is a good fighter but like I have said, there are question marks and asterisks next to his biggest fights.... While Mayweather worked for everything that he got literally fought his way to the top Pac, like many others, had the media and great opponents to make them look good, had an easier road.

I never said hes innocent, yeah opponents, people they actually fought and signed that contract with. No the balls thing was the other dude

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:14 PM