Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 8 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

I remember watchign this fight live man Lopez had that fight but his lack of conditioning is what lost it for him. Page was the champ at the time and was a helluva puncher he hit Lopez flush on the chin i think it was the 6 rd with alot of shots and Lopez never even blinked.

lopez was an underachiever he carried one punch power and had an iron chin but his dicsipline lacked big time. I remember DLH being asked prior to fighting Quartey who he would least like to fight out of Tito, Ike and LOpez and he responded LOpez cause of his pwoer and ability to take any punch.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Oct 8 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 8 2011, 03:36 PM) *
I remember watchign this fight live man Lopez had that fight but his lack of conditioning is what lost it for him. Page was the champ at the time and was a helluva puncher he hit Lopez flush on the chin i think it was the 6 rd with alot of shots and Lopez never even blinked.

lopez was an underachiever he carried one punch power and had an iron chin but his dicsipline lacked big time. I remember DLH being asked prior to fighting Quartey who he would least like to fight out of Tito, Ike and LOpez and he responded LOpez cause of his pwoer and ability to take any punch.

Yeah that was impressive. He also gave a prime Quartey all sorts of hell. The guy definitely deserves to be placed in the underachiever category.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Oct 8 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

I remember watching this fight live on Showtime and being absolutely convinced Lopez threw it. Every time he tagged Page he would have him in trouble, but then he'd inexplicably back off. Page outworked him and Lopez just stood around not doing shit. I know he had that lazy tag but he could have gotten Page out of there had he wanted.

Don King gave this dude a briefcase full of kind and a shiny new surfboard and Jose knew what he had to do.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Oct 8 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 8 2011, 11:15 PM) *
I remember watching this fight live on Showtime and being absolutely convinced Lopez threw it. Every time he tagged Page he would have him in trouble, but then he'd inexplicably back off. Page outworked him and Lopez just stood around not doing shit. I know he had that lazy tag but he could have gotten Page out of there had he wanted.

Don King gave this dude a briefcase full of kind and a shiny new surfboard and Jose knew what he had to do.

Yeah that's what it looks like when you watch the fight. Then again, we don't always know what goes on in the mind of boxers. Don't forget that some of these guys are a little off in the head or just plain lazy.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Oct 8 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

yea Lopez had the skill, power and chin to me one of the greats of his era but didn't hve the dedication needed.

+Quote Post
Sunni6Killer
post Oct 9 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #7

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,998

First guy to dent Ike's chin.
Unfortunately Lopez love marijuana too much.
What could've been.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 12:34 AM