> if you were in a street fight..
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 6 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 7 2010, 12:31 AM) *
I read about shootings on an almost daily basis in the newspaper these days. Screw street fighting, I would try my best to avoid that shit if at all possible. You never know when someone just shoots your ass. It's better to just walk away and swallow your pride these days.

BUT... if someone was stupid enough(and weaponless), and tried to take my former varsity wrestling ass down, they would fail miserably. Then after me landing one or two at most clean shots, it be a wrap. Just going off former experiences, lol.

I would be more worried about your overhand rights. I can see you throwing them simply to soften up your opponent in order to set them up for the big stuff; the Hand of God, the Maussa Ground Punch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 6 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 7 2010, 12:35 AM) *
I would be more worried about your overhand rights. I can see you throwing them simply to soften up your opponent in order to set them up for the big stuff; the Hand of God, the Maussa Ground Punch.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I have not seen that dude since that fight. Last I heard his cousin told me he stole money from him and left the state.

Truthfully, I was only in a few street fights. I truly am the furthest thing from a trouble maker. I just never let anyone fuck with me or let anyone try and walk all over me.

I mostly just talked shit to intimidate guys that started shit with me, and they mostly backed down after that. What's really funny is many people would just test me cause they heard I was a "boxer", and looked at me and saw a short skinny white dude. So some of them I just put in there place. I am proud to say though I never instigated or started a fight, not my style.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 7 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #13

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 7 2010, 04:31 AM) *
I read about shootings on an almost daily basis in the newspaper these days. Screw street fighting, I would try my best to avoid that shit if at all possible. You never know when someone just shoots your ass. It's better to just walk away and swallow your pride these days.

People are too cowardly to knuckle-up these days. Such a shame. That's used to be how people meet their best friends. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 7 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 7 2010, 01:15 AM) *
People are too cowardly to knuckle-up these days. Such a shame. That's used to be how people meet their best friends. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If that ain't the truth.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Sep 8 2010, 02:16 AM
Post #15

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2010, 03:56 AM) *
A bar fight against guys who don't know shit??How would boxers not be suited to KOing people left and right??I've seen a boxer fight 4 guys at once and KO'd everyone..I don't see UFC guys laying on the ground with a guy while choking or puttin them in an arm bar while the guys friends could start stomping the UFC guy who is on the ground already..In the UFC you can kick guys in the head when down,in a bar you can..So why would the UFC guys be better at having your back..Disappointing hearing from you..I thought you'd say you'd want Roy to have your back..Him without gloves on would be crazy,I can't imagine how fast he'd be..

Shane Carwin and a prime Chuck Liddell would be running if they saw a prime Tyson coming at them..

Ol Jonny how do you forget that people dont just strike in bar fights. Have you not seen folks get slammed on tables, threw over bars, slid down bars, held and punched by multiple folks at one time. I'd rather have a guy that knows how to get mofos off of him AND ME than somebody that only threw punches. Shit in a bar fight anything goes...that mean head kicks too. Tyson would be coming at them and before you know it he'd be on his back getting ground and pound because he has no take down defense. Every MMA guy isn't going to try to take you down to submit you, most of them want to mount you(as gay as it sounds) and punch the shit out of you. Couture didn't go straight for the submission, he went for the ground and pound and then got the submission.

So yes I'd rather have Chuck and Shane because if they do get dropped and not KO'd they know how to handle themselves on the ground.

And for the record a prime Jones in a street fight would be interesting to see. Question is what can he do if he gets grabbed from behind? Cant punch backwards.

This post has been edited by King Eugene: Sep 8 2010, 02:18 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:06 PM