Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 17 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Joe Frazier ranked Rocky Marciano as the greatest heavyweight who ever lived, above even himself.

That being said, Marciano wins this grueling slugfest. Rocky hit hard with both hands, Joe had only TNT in one of his. As ludicrous as it may sound to even bring this word up, I think the Rock had better defense than Joe as well, especially later in his career.

Joe gets hit way too clean and way too often to get in the ring with someone like Rocky Marciano. As great as Frazier is (an ALL-time great), he's shown he is susceptible to power (of an overwhelming nature) early, and susceptible to fatigue late. Rocky's ability to last, and his ability to drop bombs super late into fights, have been well attested to.

With all due respect to Joe Frazier, Rocky Marciano wins by TKO RD14.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 20 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Marciano struggled with old fighters... He had power but i would give a modern fighter like Lamon Brewster a shot against his barely 200 pound ass.. Really Frazier was being an ass kisser and dissing ALI by stating Marciano is the greatest LMAO Marciano would not beat Larry Holmes.. He would not beat Lennox Lewis, hell Marciano could not beat Evander Holyfield either... Hell he could not beat Riddick Bowe.. LMAO Marciano is somewhat of a farce.. what great fighter in his primedid he beat???

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Mar 20 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 20 2010, 04:47 AM) *
Marciano struggled with old fighters... He had power but i would give a modern fighter like Lamon Brewster a shot against his barely 200 pound ass.. Really Frazier was being an ass kisser and dissing ALI by stating Marciano is the greatest LMAO Marciano would not beat Larry Holmes.. He would not beat Lennox Lewis, hell Marciano could not beat Evander Holyfield either... Hell he could not beat Riddick Bowe.. LMAO Marciano is somewhat of a farce.. what great fighter in his primedid he beat???

Rocky Marciano wouldn't even be a heavyweight by today's standards. He'd be a cruiserweight. Don't be infantile. Matching him up with Lennox Lewis is retarded.

Who did Mike Tyson ever beat that was in their prime? Or Larry Holmes? Or Jack Dempsey? Yawn.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Mar 21 2010, 01:09 AM
Post #5

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

I'd have to go with Marciano..That guy could take a hell of a punch..Also,his punches stay with you after being hit..He has punched teeth completely into the gums of an opponent(forget his name)..Archie and Ali both said it hurt to even get hit on the arms by Marciano..Frazier and Marciano are both very durable but I just see Marciano comin out on top..

+Quote Post
BigG
post Mar 21 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #6

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Could go either way but the prime version of Frazier wins a trilogy IMO.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Mar 25 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

I just see Marciano grinding out a stoppage LATE in the fight.

I think he'd be behind on scorecards, looking pretty bust up himself, but after tagging Frazer more and more consistantly from round 6 or 7 onwards, he'd catch him with a right hand a la Walcott and ice Frazer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 05:19 PM