> the dog house
Cshel86
post Aug 9 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 9 2012, 08:37 PM) *
Who knows, people care too much about appearances, I mean even Floyd used to never show any recording during sparring after that Paul spadafora incident till recently

Honestly, at this point, there really isn't anybody out there that can beat him, plus he's at the end of his career. The chief reason I believe that he shows us his sparring sessions, is because the guys that he's been sparring with as of late, are pretty much friends with him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 9 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 10 2012, 01:59 AM) *
it's more than just appearances. if i can watch a guy work for a few rounds each time he spars...i can tell u exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are...i can tell u how to beat him. i can also train and drill a fighter accordingly to give him a difficult time. the element of surprise is very valuable in boxing. if u don't know what u have in front of u, chances are it will be difficult to defeat them.

true but tapes work just as fine as long as there not changing anything up extremely. And if they have I guess that fighter better adjust

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 10 2012, 07:13 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 10 2012, 02:04 AM) *
Honestly, at this point, there really isn't anybody out there that can beat him, plus he's at the end of his career. The chief reason I believe that he shows us his sparring sessions, is because the guys that he's been sparring with as of late, are pretty much friends with him.

short of putting him in there with a one of the klits i doubt anyone can, so he may as well whore out a few easy fighters and retire healthy. and even with the klits id have to wonder how fast he'd be compared to them.(yes i know putting him in there with them is fairly ridiculous and unlikely)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 10 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 10 2012, 08:13 AM) *
short of putting him in there with a one of the klits i doubt anyone can, so he may as well whore out a few easy fighters and retire healthy. and even with the klits id have to wonder how fast he'd be compared to them.(yes i know putting him in there with them is fairly ridiculous and unlikely)

Yep, he may as well take a few more relatively easy fights and promote them as megafights. Now that we've seen Pacquiao struggle against a 38 year old LW and have a hard time hitting that big head of Bradley, I think it's safe to say that he aint beatin' Floyd nowadays either.

As for him and the Klitz bros...I laughed my ass off when I read that part of your post! That would be funny to see. It would somewhat remind me of Benavidez Jr. fighting that small guy on the Pac/Marquez III preliminaries. Dude had about a 6 inch height advantage and a 9 inch arm length advantage...dude was a lilliputian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 10 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 9 2012, 09:04 PM) *
true but tapes work just as fine as long as there not changing anything up extremely. And if they have I guess that fighter better adjust

tapes do work....but i'd prefer seeing the most recent training over tapes any day. imagine ur getting ur fighter ready....and hbo brings u current video of ur opponents training sessions. how valuable would that be!? u get to see exactly what they're working on....strategy....mistakes....strengths...weaknesses. that's priceless.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 10 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Aug 8 2012, 05:18 PM) *
I remember Lennox Lewis, pre Manny Steward, used to never spar. Ricky Hatton never spared through any of his 24/7 specials. Maybe thats why their always gasing out late in fights.

in the lead up to the fight with pac...hatton was sparring with lightweights who had like 5 fights and was getting rocked. they had to back off of sparring and his sparring partners were asked to go very easy.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 10 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 9 2012, 09:04 PM) *

everyone is beatable. omar henry is a wannabe cotto-clone who doesn't have the understanding to go with his style. floyd knew he'd be a safe sparring partner to showcase a session with. can't remember where i heard or read it....but floyd had been owning him in sparring sessions.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 10 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 10 2012, 08:00 PM) *
everyone is beatable. omar henry is a wannabe cotto-clone who doesn't have the understanding to go with his style. floyd knew he'd be a safe sparring partner to showcase a session with. can't remember where i heard or read it....but floyd had been owning him in sparring sessions.

we saw him get owned on that open workout

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 10 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 10 2012, 03:32 PM) *
we saw him get owned on that open workout

i meant prior to that open workout. now that i think about it...it may have been in here...or on the comment section of that video or something.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 11 2012, 07:39 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 11 2012, 12:12 AM) *
i meant prior to that open workout. now that i think about it...it may have been in here...or on the comment section of that video or something.

ah i see, ill have to find it

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 05:38 AM