Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner Vs Gamboa, Biggest fight for boxing outside mayweather vs Pacquiao
dre98
post Feb 21 2013, 01:48 AM
Post #1

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,589

After visiting the one mutual opponent both fighters had Daniel Ponce De leon. I think Broner and Gamboa would actually be an exciting fight. Broner might have better attributes for the win, but Gamboa could give him a run for his money. Gamboa speed power movement can actually give Broner fits. Broner hasn't fought anybody with Gamboa type skills. On the contrary Broner has great power and can take a punch which can give an advantage. In that De leon fight it didnt look good for him. Gamboa didn't look that great in his last match but it would still make for a great fight and biggest fight of broner's career. This fight could actually bring the best out of both fighters. I think its biggest fight you can make right now for either fighter. Olympic style drug testing cut the BS.

Let me know your Guys take on it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 21 2013, 06:29 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Its not 3 years ago. Fighters develope more within the first 3 to 4 years than any other time in their carreer. Can anybody truly look at Broner and say hes the same fighter today as he was then? And im not one of thise Broner lovers. I like the kid but you guys know what I mean.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 21 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Gamboa has no chin. Every time its gotten tapped he's gone down, and that de Leon fight was terrible. They both couldn't get off and it ended in a clash of heads. Don't know how that would be a measure of anything.

And were talking smaller guys then broner hurting Gamboa bad, if adrien hits him even once its probably over. Gamboa is an amazing athlete but he has 0 chin

And its pretty obvious he just wants to cash out now that everything is catching up to him (his inactivity, bad chin, whole Miami clinic ped scandal). He calls out mayweather (ignored) he calls out broner (ignored) he even called out lopez (ignored) something he didn't even do when the fight very appealing.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Feb 21 2013, 09:06 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 21 2013, 09:10 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Brother seems pretty unstoppable at the moment. Sure he gets hit, but if he has the solid chin to back it up

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Feb 21 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #5

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

i think gamboa gets his ass kicked. broner too big and too strong for gamboa.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 21 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (dre98 @ Feb 21 2013, 01:48 AM) *
After visiting the one mutual opponent both fighters had Daniel Ponce De leon. I think Broner and Gamboa would actually be an exciting fight. Broner might have better attributes for the win, but Gamboa could give him a run for his money. Gamboa speed power movement can actually give Broner fits. Broner hasn't fought anybody with Gamboa type skills. On the contrary Broner has great power and can take a punch which can give an advantage. In that De leon fight it didnt look good for him. Gamboa didn't look that great in his last match but it would still make for a great fight and biggest fight of broner's career. This fight could actually bring the best out of both fighters. I think its biggest fight you can make right now for either fighter. Olympic style drug testing cut the BS.

I think Broner wins this fight, I've seen many holes in Gamboa's fights plus he got knocked down in his last bout and that'll spell disaster for him vs a sharpshooter like Adrien.

I'd take Broner by UD and a stoppage wouldn't be surprising either.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (dre98 @ Feb 21 2013, 01:48 AM) *

THIS!

I still want to see this one, just for the record.

We'll once again see how much of a midget Broner's opponent's happen to be on fight night. Broner is just a big kid for these lower weight classes, which reminds me of Floyd fighting all of those midgets at the beginning of his career.

If anything, Gamboa needs to be first in this fight. Im almost sure that he's gonna be at a disadvantage in regards to reach and height, so he'd better make the most of his moment. If this fight had taken place when Broner fought Ponce (when he was still new on the scene), then I'd give Yuri a bigger shot.

I like this fight though, I really do. Gamboa's been dropped and caught by slower punchers, so a Broner shot would pout him on queer street. Gamboa does it to himself though. In this one, we wont see him running into punches like he usually does when he gets dropped, this time, we'll see him get hit from the outside by tactical punches.

Let me not get excited, we'll probably end up getting Lopez/Gamboa, I heard that Juanma still wants that fight...or does he really NEED that fight now. He never came off as ducker when it came to that fight, neither of them did. We shall see.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 21 2013, 11:10 AM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2013, 10:23 AM) *
THIS!

I still want to see this one, just for the record.

We'll once again see how much of a midget Broner's opponent's happen to be on fight night. Broner is just a big kid for these lower weight classes, which reminds me of Floyd fighting all of those midgets at the beginning of his career.

If anything, Gamboa needs to be first in this fight. Im almost sure that he's gonna be at a disadvantage in regards to reach and height, so he'd better make the most of his moment. If this fight had taken place when Broner fought Ponce (when he was still new on the scene), then I'd give Yuri a bigger shot.

I like this fight though, I really do. Gamboa's been dropped and caught by slower punchers, so a Broner shot would pout him on queer street. Gamboa does it to himself though. In this one, we wont see him running into punches like he usually does when he gets dropped, this time, we'll see him get hit from the outside by tactical punches.

Let me not get excited, we'll probably end up getting Lopez/Gamboa, I heard that Juanma still wants that fight...or does he really NEED that fight now. He never came off as ducker when it came to that fight, neither of them did. We shall see.

I don't put much stock into the size thing but the weight thing sticks out to me, I'm sure Broner was about 150 on fight night in his last fight so that alone will help one to absorb punishment better than someone who is lighter. Floyd was skinnier than most of his opponents back then and though taller, he didn't have the weight.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Feb 21 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 21 2013, 09:10 AM) *
Brother seems pretty unstoppable at the moment. Sure he gets hit, but if he has the solid chin to back it up

If he can get him on the inside with body shots and can avoid broner's punches it can be a long night. Chin can have case though

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 21 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Broners just too physically imposing. Hes confident and alot more focused now that he feels hes on the verge of superstardom. Broner totally walks right through Shortboa.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:54 PM