> Tito V. Hopkins 2
JD
post Apr 22 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #11

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 22 2009, 08:35 PM) *
So if Hopkins takes this fight... Im sure he'll get slammed for it BIG TIME!

If he wasn't 44, and coming off fights with Calzaghe and Pavlik than yeah.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 22 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

what the hell hopkins should man handle trinidad but i think he deserves this kind of fight.. i have been a fan of hopkis since the days he was fighting on b.e.t network... thats a long damn time ago.. personally i think he has done all he needs to do... if he's gonna continue fighting he needs to be avenging his loss to jones if you ask me.. he should be able to toy with jones now...

+Quote Post
EirbinX
post Apr 23 2009, 03:27 AM
Post #13

Flyweight

Member No.: 9,384

how old is trinidad

+Quote Post
Yucayeke
post Apr 23 2009, 06:11 AM
Post #14

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,007

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 23 2009, 01:57 AM) *
I think the first fight was a fluke, and it would only take one of Tito's monster hooks to KO Bernard. I think Hopkins knows he got lucky the first time, and he has been avoiding Trinidad ever since. I do not think Hops would make it out of the third round if they were to rematch.

Are you being facetious? Or do you want to start up some shit here, LMAO.
Dude I am HUGE Trinidad fan, I was in a fucking room full of Ricans in PR the day Hopkins beat the shit outta Tito. I actually saw people cry, hell I was depressed for weeks, lol
Bro, there is NO WAY Trinidad comes back and beats Bhops, no way. The dude just doesn't have it. He misses the limelight tthat Juanma and Junito Cotto have

+Quote Post
Yucayeke
post Apr 23 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,007

QUOTE (EirbinX @ Apr 23 2009, 08:27 AM) *
how old is trinidad

36 - Jan 10 1973

+Quote Post
1zz
post Apr 23 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 634

Honestly this would do well PPV wise.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 23 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #17

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Yucayeke @ Apr 23 2009, 07:11 AM) *
Are you being facetious? Or do you want to start up some shit here, LMAO.
Dude I am HUGE Trinidad fan, I was in a fucking room full of Ricans in PR the day Hopkins beat the shit outta Tito. I actually saw people cry, hell I was depressed for weeks, lol
Bro, there is NO WAY Trinidad comes back and beats Bhops, no way. The dude just doesn't have it. He misses the limelight tthat Juanma and Junito Cotto have

I was obviously joking. Trinidad does not deserve a fight with Hopkins, based on his last performance against Jones, and Hopkins looked great in his last fight. Amazing that Hopkins is like 44 and Trinidad is 36, you would think there roles would be reversed as far as there overall skills these days.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 23 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (Method @ Apr 23 2009, 12:29 AM) *
I'd just LOVE to know what the fuck Don King is smoking. How the fuck does he think he's gonna dictate shit when Hopkins is now a promoter too. You honestly think Hopkins/Schaefer are going to let old Don get over on them? There is NO fucking WAY, given the shellackin that Trinidad already took at the hands of Hopkins, not too mention all Hopkins has done since, that They are going to be taking the short end of ANYTHING, and given Tito's mandatory minimum (some absurd $15M?), Hopkins would have to get at LEAST that...at LEAST (and assuming he would accept parity is a LONG shot). But say they do...does anyone REALLY believe this is a $30M fight? NO fucking way!

Have to agree. Unless there is at least PARITY, I don't see this making it past the negotiating table anyway.

Tito hasn't won a fight since 2004 and has lost quite a bit of marketability. I think it'll do decent numbers anyway just because of the names. But this fight has no bearing or significance of any kind at this point. Tito is not serious about a comeback and Hopkins I could only imagine taking a fight that has significance to him and Trinidad can only offer him money at this point.

Tito should have hung em up permantley after Winky.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Apr 23 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is anyone bothered about this...seriously?

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing it, but its more like a side show fight, instead of me looking forward to it like a Froch-Taylor fight, or Moseley-Mayweather fight, it's more of a 'Ok, they're both old and past it, but I'm sort of interested in seeing what happens'.

Fights like this aren't good for boxing.

If they both want the fight, then I have no problems with them making money, but it's not the best fight out there, haha.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Apr 23 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

I usually can see the business sides of these types of fight but this fight has very little economic viability if you ask me. "Cheato Trinidad" coming off two defeats where he was shut out against Hopkins stands to do SOMETHING here?? Please.

Hopkins could be 50 and Cheato 40 and the result would be exactly the same.

I think this is merely one of those "teaser" stories tossed out there to gauge public interest.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:07 PM