IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Less than 24 hours for Mayweather., The countdown is on.
mrchitown
post Aug 3 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #41

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-mayweath...-50-cent--55676

Looks like his health is fine to me lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 3 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

floyd has clearly been doing his push ups.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Aug 3 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #43

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

mayweather/cotto 2 at msg

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 3 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i still don't understand a Mayweather Cotto II fight? Mayweather clearly won, and Cotto could probably do nothing better

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 3 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2012, 07:46 PM) *
i still don't understand a Mayweather Cotto II fight? Mayweather clearly won, and Cotto could probably do nothing better

strongly disagree. i think he has plenty of room for improvement...and i think those two will always make for a competitive fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 3 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #46

Light Heavyweight

It would be cool to see him fight somewhere else. If it were me, I'd do it just to say f*ck Vegas. But I don't know if he'd consider doing that. But i'd like to see him fight in MSG, but not against Cotto

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 3 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2012, 09:14 PM) *
It would be cool to see him fight somewhere else. If it were me, I'd do it just to say f*ck Vegas. But I don't know if he'd consider doing that. But i'd like to see him fight in MSG, but not against Cotto

if not cotto, who?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 4 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 4 2012, 02:47 AM) *
strongly disagree. i think he has plenty of room for improvement...and i think those two will always make for a competitive fight.

fair point, but do you really think he could improve enough to win? is a rematch really warranted? I mean I think there's more cause of a rematch for Khan vs Garcia than this fight. Simple logic is, can Garcia knock him out again or was it a lucky shot, just to put that to bed, and while it was probably one of Mayweather's hardest fights to date, it never looked like he was in danger of losing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 4 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #49

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 3 2012, 09:34 PM) *
if not cotto, who?

He has other options. Why would he fight Cotto on his terms? When your the King you don't have to bend to others. I don't know of he'll fight again this year but if not then him and Canelo at MSG would be pretty nice. I just think he should fight outside of Vegas because you could make the case he was used for an economic boost before he went in, but he don't have to leave to fight Cotto. And unfortunately, you and me represent a small portion of people who'd want to see the rematch

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Aug 5 2012, 02:23 AM
Post #50

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 4 2012, 05:46 PM) *
He has other options. Why would he fight Cotto on his terms? When your the King you don't have to bend to others. I don't know of he'll fight again this year but if not then him and Canelo at MSG would be pretty nice. I just think he should fight outside of Vegas because you could make the case he was used for an economic boost before he went in, but he don't have to leave to fight Cotto. And unfortunately, you and me represent a small portion of people who'd want to see the rematch

I'm surprised more people wouldn't want to see the rematch. Yes Mayweather did win a clear decison, but Cotto beat Mayweather pretty good in a few rounds and won some others. I'm not sure what round it was...maybe around 7 or 8, but Cotto really laid into Mayweather. It was the worst I had seen Mayweather look in any round of his entire pro career. Cotto is actually the younger man by at least a few years and doesnt have the wear and tear people say he does. Just look at his lone 2 loses prior to Mayweather that people point to. In the Margarito fight Cotto went down on his own to prevent more damage. Cotto was out of gas and sensed it was going to be worse in the remaining round or two. He did take some shots and it prolly has had a negative effect on him, but I think people are looking at the condition that his face was in and just assuming he was ruined. In the Pacman fight Cotto was still fighting in the last rounds before they stopped it. Yes he was fighting in survival mode, but still fighting. He wanted to continue. His face always swells more than average and once agin people just assume he was ruined because of the condition of his face. I dont think Pacman seriously hurt him. He had knockdowns, but they looked like flash knockdowns and Cotto got up each time. Cotto beats Pacman at 154 in my opinion today. I would bet $ on that 1. I would like to see the rematch and give Cotto a realistic chance at pushing Mayweather just as hard as their first bout which was a very entertaining and competitive fight.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Aug 5 2012, 02:25 AM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:53 PM