IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> McGuinness distraught with life at Deep Freeze, ...but Freeze see's a bright future for his gym.
Maxy
post Jan 16 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Nigel McGuinness seems to be regretting his move to Deep Freeze Entertainment and has told the media of his unhappiness with life under the tutelage of Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn.

Since arriving at the gym McGuinness has had 3 fights and lost all 3 by points decision. He was thrashed by Adrian "The Shark" Diacona but excuses were made because he had entered the fight without a strategy. Then he lost a split decision to Tommy Hearns in a fight he thought he won and this was followed by a close but unanimous decision defeat to Danny "Touch of Genius" Gawn.

A tearful McGuinness said, "I came here to win titles, to work with a legend and to achieve greatness. Deep Freeze was my idol but he has only spent an hour or so with me since I arrived. He hasn't worked with me for weeks, hasn't even spoken to me. I'm so gutted. I can't believe how things have worked out for me here. It's been awful. Everyone wants to leave here, the lads just don't see a future under Deep Freeze. He was a great fighter in his time but as a trainer he just sucks."

Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn quickly responded to McGuinness' comments via telephone and told us, "I'm delighted by the progress of my gym. I have some excellent fighters, 3 of whom I see becoming world champions in the not to distant future. Mark "The Lone Shark" Christie is doing good things as light middleweight champion and I've got high hopes for several other fighters. The future will be bright here. McGuinness is just moaning because that's what he does best!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Jan 17 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

Such a damn shame. Nigel still has the goods to be a superstar but he's been struck with alot of bad luck when he lost the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Titles.

Also a damn shame that all Nigel does is cry. TOS called it when he traded him away for free (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:51 PM