IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is bob arum racist or imcompetent..., when it comes to promoting black fighters?
mrchitown
post Apr 16 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #31

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 06:58 PM) *
if he don't close that damn mouth! evertime he interviews his mouth is wide open like he's waiting to catch flies...or eat coochie or something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Could be worse, he could be an over rated bible thumpin mexican boxer who packs a piece and is too stupid to leave it at home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 16 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 16 2013, 09:33 PM) *
Could be worse, he could be an over rated bible thumpin mexican boxer who packs a piece and is too stupid to leave it at home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

worse? they're neck and neck in that race. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 16 2013, 11:18 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 09:24 PM) *
worse? they're neck and neck in that race. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yeah, I can agree with that lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 16 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #34

Light Heavyweight

And didn't Arum say the same thing after a Floyd fight, IDK if it was after the first Castillo fight or another fight but I do remember him saying something along those lines similar to what he's saying about Rigo

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 17 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #35

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 15 2013, 02:58 PM) *
he's had some great black fighters over the years....but ali was a finished product that didn't need much marketing. same can be said for leonard. he guided floyd early in his career but imo did not promote floyd as well as he could have or half as much as he promoted dlh or pacquiao. is he just not in touch? or does he just not care? rigondeaux has displayed exceptional skill like we haven't seen in quite some time. this guy has some amazing accomplishments on his resume.

world unified champion in just 10 pro fights
2 time gold medalist
2 time pan am gold medalist
2 time world cup champion

had almost 400 fights as an amateur with only 12 losses and hasn't been defeated in 10yrs.

he just beat the fighter of the year '12 very convincingly and he's going to be a hard sell??? is arum serious? the opposition is out there for rigondeaux to stake his claim at greatness. we have an opportunity to see another truly great fighter accomplish great things.

fights i'd like to see that are very doable.

mares
moreno
agbeko
nishioka
darchinyan
wv2

if he should move up...
gary russell
mickey garcia

those are just off the top of my head. in my mind....we just saw a megafight. the two very best in the division and rigondeaux proved he was a level above the fighter of the year. so now he has to suffer because arum is either incompetent or racist? bullshit!!! push this guy!!! don't punish him for his greatness. give the fans what they deserve and stop with the bullshit agendas.

Bob Arum is a study in audacity. They should have classes at University on this guy: "The Science of Being A Pr*ck". He is certainly a racist. His speech is that of a racist. Rigo is a "SOB", while Donaire is the "Kid". His favorite "endearment" for his (or anybody else's black fighter) is "SOB".

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 15 2013, 04:11 PM) *
I don't get Arum, isn't he rich enough yet?

This.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 15 2013, 06:17 PM) *
Delahoya, Haymon or whom the eff ever, needs to be looking at that July 15th date (if I'm not mistaken, Rigo's contract termination date) and make Rigo an offer he can't refuse (no, not that kinda of offer....)

Long story short, I'm confident Arum, at a minimum, is a bigot.

And this. And the latter (the bigot part).

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 17 2013, 06:18 AM
Post #36

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 16 2013, 05:32 PM) *
He aint that bad, now these reality shows on the other hand. Man they really making us look ridiculous. Like all we do is rap on the corner and go to events and fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I boycott those shows. I call those shows modern day Step and Fettish, but the difference was those guys were acting these hoochies and coons who are on these reality show actually think their behavior is somehow appropriate. They need to realize that they are free but shit some slaves loved the plantation.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Apr 17 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #37

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Arum is probably both but mostly it just drives him insane when he's not controlling the money lol.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 17 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #38

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I don't necessarily think Arum is racist. It's just his addition to marketing. You seen too many black fighters at the top, so he's trying something different with fighters like Pacquiao.

I think someone here mentioned De La Hoya and Mayweather, the difference between them is that De La Hoya was a more popular fighter in the amateurs and won a gold, while Floyd was less popular and won a bronze, so I don't see how race plays a factor there. Arum also didn't want to feed Mayweather to De La Hoya (I think for $20 million Floyd asked?) because Oscar and Arum had a following out (remember?) and Arum didn't want to do that kind of money with Oscar anymore.

I also recall Arum going on about how Mayweather was the next Ali, and promoting him as such, but Mayweather eventually bounced because Arum was trying to sell him short, like what he did to Oscar and now is doing to Pacquiao.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 17 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 07:58 PM) *
if he don't close that damn mouth! evertime he interviews his mouth is wide open like he's waiting to catch flies...or eat coochie or something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ha! That grill makes him appear to be even more of a retard than we actually give him credit for being. But he liiiiive though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 16 2013, 09:32 PM) *
He aint that bad, now these reality shows on the other hand. Man they really making us look ridiculous. Like all we do is rap on the corner and go to events and fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Right. Half of those hoes are on the show wearing expensive flashy clothes, and driving nice cars...all because some sucker wifed them up or knocked them up. Most black chicks think it's cute to mimic that shit, only because they love drama. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 16 2013, 09:33 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

#Dead

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 17 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 12:23 AM) *
And didn't Arum say the same thing after a Floyd fight, IDK if it was after the first Castillo fight or another fight but I do remember him saying something along those lines similar to what he's saying about Rigo

probably. it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 01:02 AM