> A Consumer Guide to the Upcoming PPV fights
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 28 2014, 02:23 PM) *
You boys are in luck, HBO is televising Froch vs Groves, and even if they didnt, I'd be there with a camera for a live show for you guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ha!

What about that movie project that you said you were gonna put together, MG? I think one of the parts had something to do with your friends fighting over a girl, but I don't think you had a camera when all of that was happening.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

When are you going to upload a new post-fight analysis video on Twitter?...haven't seen one in a while.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 28 2014, 02:23 PM) *
Danger zone on paper was more ppv worthy to me and proved such as each fight ended ...toe to toe is is also a good card I just think people didn't want broner headlining a ppv for all the wrong reasons ...hell it was promoted 10x better the canelo crowd quite as fuck about this card.

Danger Zone is more PPV worthy NOW...but at the time, most observers thought it would be an easy night for Broner. I liked the Thurman/JSK fight, Santa Cruz is always fun to watch, and Shumenov starting the night with a KO, could possibly persuade casual fans to buy more GBP PPVs...nothing worse than the opening bout going the distance. Lol

I agree, people may not have wanted to put money in Broner's pockets because of their hate for him, or, they just weren't on their heads to pay for a card, just to see a rising star run through an opponent. I think it had more to do with people sleeping on Maidana, rather than them not liking Broner, but hell, it could've been either of the two reasons.

Canelo's fight doesn't seem to be getting much press, but I'll tell you what....they set that card up just right...full of Hispanic fighters...surely it'll do just as much as Chavez/Martinez.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 28 2014, 04:43 PM) *
I agree. If they can do Maidana-Broner on regular Showtime, it should be the same for Canelo-Angulo.

Cotto-Martinez is good, but not PPV worthy. Cotto is past his prime, and it just seems like Martinez is not strong enough for PPV. The Latin-American/Mexican clientele will push big numbers though.

Bradley-Pacquiao's strenth as a PPV comes from the controversy of the first fight in the scoring. Bradley won't war with Pacquaio because of the Rusliam fight. His trainer doesn't want him doing that any more. I think Pacquiao may be slipping. People still delusional and only want the impossible, Pacquiao-Mayweather. Bradley won't brawl and because of that not a PPV draw. Tim is not enough of a household name. Manny has to carry this load, alone.

Broner-Maidana's non PPV Showtime card may have been the greatest non-PPV card for competitive and fun matches that I have EVER SEEN!

Jack

I hear ya Jack...they just have to take chances when it comes to putting these guys out there on the PPV market. They have to convince people to buy fights ahead of time, because the aftermath wont sell the fight...unless they decide to do a rematch. Now, Broner/Maidana II can be sold a a PPV, based on what happened in the first fight.

I agree, Cotto/Martinez should NOT be a PPV...you'd have to be a real to buy it "just because". Martinez doesn't seem to draw as much as we'd like, so he definitely needs to somebody to help sales...Cotto could be that guy.

Bob did well with Pac/Bradley I...making it as controversial and all. Honestly, that entire card was worth the buy to me. Arce/Rojas started off with FIREWORKS, but ended because of Arce's ear injury. We saw Rigo beat tha hell outta Teon Kennedy, and Mike Jones got his cookies took in the 11th hour of a fight that he fought so scarily. Lol

I think Bradley has a chance to war with Pac...he just needs to pick his times when he does it, because regardless of what people say about Pac declining, if he catches you with one of those short hooks on your way in, you're in trouble.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 28 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2014, 11:37 PM) *
Ha!

What about that movie project that you said you were gonna put together, MG? I think one of the parts had something to do with your friends fighting over a girl, but I don't think you had a camera when all of that was happening.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

When are you going to upload a new post-fight analysis video on Twitter?...haven't seen one in a while.

There a let down man, best of friends now and all that shit, i swear the shit they do over women, and probably do one this weekend, didn't know there was any demand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 28 2014, 07:18 PM) *
There a let down man, best of friends now and all that shit, i swear the shit they do over women, and probably do one this weekend, didn't know there was any demand (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

From the stories you told, those dudes are camera-worthy, my friend. Lol

Heck yeah I watch those post-fight videos that you do...helps me keep my stuff in perspective too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 12:35 AM