IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Guerrero-Kanegai-SPOILERS, No New Threads or Streams. Chad Dawson 1hr. early on ShowExtreme
mrchitown
post Jun 22 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #151

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jun 22 2014, 11:55 AM) *
gary russel jr has many many many issues that i now see will be a problem for him in the pros. his dad being the tgrainer and falling in love with combo punching is cool in the amateurs but in the pros it can either be a very stromg weapon when u have poweer behind it such as how pacuiao and roy jones use it, but hen your doing the khan version of it it can be dangerous and get you hurt. He needs to stop all that speed bullshit and get back to the basics. i saw him throw a bunch of punches that didnt get threw and only had half power on them beccuz he was so focused on throwing them fast, i even saw the not fully extended shots, as far as technique goes either. he threw punches trying to make the flurry so fast that he as pulling his arms back without fully extending them to their full range and without thinking about placing them with accuracy. he was just throing them at loma, not at a specific target. loma just put his hands up and blocked them all with the double guard.

russel needs to learn precision and timing all over again. he got complacent after fighting these bums. when u fight bums, you get worse, when you fight world class guys, you become world class. fighting bus drivers didnt even maintain his skills at what they were at, they dulled his senses because he wasnt being pushed to use them to win fights. his lack of activity coupled with his bum oipponents coupled with his injuries coupled with his lack of southpaw experience in the pro level all added up to him getting checked by lomachenbko in his big debut.

when loma lost to salido, people were brushing him off like he was a hype job and saying he will never be anything in his ncareer and that he wasnt what people thought he was, now they are saying this nabout GRJ, and its all complete bullshit. what we saw was a young inexperienced talented fighter trying to adjust to the world class level against a difficult style and coming up short. to say that GRJ's career will be fruitless is just flat out ridiculous. what happened with lomachenko against salido is exactly what GRJ just went thru with LOmachenko. GRJ will be champion you can velieve that, its just gonna take some more time at this level, he needs more time in the ring with guys who will force him to step his game up and sharpen his senses. lomachenko got a ra deal vs salido, and he almost KOed him in the 12th, he may have won that fight if it had been a few fights later, and if he had more time to adjust to the body shots of pros. i saw loma work russels body HARD in this, and i doubt russel was ready for that yet either. russel hit a all that he couldnt vlimb at this moment, but hell be back.

he needs to change his style to focus more on placing his shots accurately. whats the point threowing 8 punch combos if none of them land effectively and you have to sacrifice power and placement for the speed to just pull off the combo? that is the inexperience with russel sr the trainer, he doent understand the pros. he traines his son like its still the amateurs, and thats whyt he lost. in the pros, its quality over quantity, and its timing over speed, and its precision placement over combiinations. once russel sr understands this shit and changes his program, we will see gary start to in the bigger fights at the world class level. lomachenko showed me that he understopod this in the fight with saldio, i saw him making changes in the fight. he was learning mnore and more about the pros and what he had to do to adjust to be successful here, and he used that against gary russel jr tonight. the bodywork paid off. the pressure paid off, the ring generalship paid off, and his placement of his shots out worked gary, which is why gary as only landing 10% of his shots thrown. just like they sai8d, gary was still fighting like an amateur, which has always been true, which is why i think they were slow to move him up the pro ladder to fast, he was, and still isd having trouble adjusting to the style, and i think its not his fault, i think its his fathers faulkt, i dont think his father knows the pro style, i think GRJ should get a pro trainer like virgil hunter. just my 2 cents.

It the hing is Gary is a more powerful puncher then what he showed last night,move seen him live and seen him in the ams. He's a talented fighter no doubt but he wasn't himself last night. He seemed intimidated to me, his lunches were lightning fast as always but they had nothing to keep the bigger guy Lomanchenko off him. But with that said, it was still a close fight which speaks to his talent level.

As someone whose seen him and has been a fan of GRJ, I'm disappointed. He talked so much shit and he failed to back it up, I seen some flaws in him too that need correcting but from here on out, until he improves his style and actually wins the big one, I don't have expectations for his career. And what happened last night is the knock on Al Haymon for some, his critics say he matches them with creme puffs and they lose when they step up the comp. I've seen people calling GRJ the new Berto.

As for Vasyl, he won, good for him but I'm not sold on him being what his handlers and some media think he is. I still see flaws in him. Two amateurs fought for a world title last night and one guy beat the other.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 22 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #152

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Lomencheko... he busted Gary's ass plain and simple. He is pretty damned good

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jun 22 2014, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 23 2014, 08:09 AM
Post #153

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I know a lot of people were ready to say "see Russel Jr was all hype. He sucks." I, however, saw things differently. He's a young, talented fighter. He lost a fight against another young, talented fighter. That's it. I had him winning 3 maybe 4 rounds but the talent is there. He needs better coaching. All his problems seem VERY fixable and I didn't hear anything in the corner that suggested they knew what adjustments needed to be made. He lost simply because Lomachenko varied his attack and Russel was 1 dimensional. Period. He threw he same combination the entire night. Lomchenko knew exactly where he wanted to go and made sure Russel Jr didn't know when he would go there.

I like Lomachenko but I can tell his biggest issue will ocme from physical fighters who use their body for leverage and can cut off a ring. Like Devon Alexander ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) ) he seems like he's susceptible to being bullied.

As for the Guerrero fight, it seems like he's decided he wants to be yet another "blood and guts" guy. Countdown to the end of his career began Saturday. He'll fight some exciting Top Rank-esque matchups. Maybe he'll even go to Top Rank. The days of him having anywhere near top tier potential came and went quicker that a teenager fucking in his parents bedroom. Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but Kanegai has a HUGE head. That shit looked like the top part of a mascot costume. I thought for sure he was going to take that shit off and reveal he's really a Mexican or some shit.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jun 23 2014, 09:07 AM
Post #154

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 23 2014, 09:09 AM) *
The days of him having anywhere near top tier potential came and went quicker that a teenager fucking in his parents bedroom. Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but Kanegai has a HUGE head. That shit looked like the top part of a mascot costume. I thought for sure he was going to take that shit off and reveal he's really a Mexican or some shit.

Lmaooo

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jun 25 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #155

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 23 2014, 06:09 AM) *
I know a lot of people were ready to say "see Russel Jr was all hype. He sucks." I, however, saw things differently. He's a young, talented fighter. He lost a fight against another young, talented fighter. That's it. I had him winning 3 maybe 4 rounds but the talent is there. He needs better coaching. All his problems seem VERY fixable and I didn't hear anything in the corner that suggested they knew what adjustments needed to be made. He lost simply because Lomachenko varied his attack and Russel was 1 dimensional. Period. He threw he same combination the entire night. Lomchenko knew exactly where he wanted to go and made sure Russel Jr didn't know when he would go there.

I like Lomachenko but I can tell his biggest issue will ocme from physical fighters who use their body for leverage and can cut off a ring. Like Devon Alexander ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) ) he seems like he's susceptible to being bullied.

As for the Guerrero fight, it seems like he's decided he wants to be yet another "blood and guts" guy. Countdown to the end of his career began Saturday. He'll fight some exciting Top Rank-esque matchups. Maybe he'll even go to Top Rank. The days of him having anywhere near top tier potential came and went quicker that a teenager fucking in his parents bedroom. Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but Kanegai has a HUGE head. That shit looked like the top part of a mascot costume. I thought for sure he was going to take that shit off and reveal he's really a Mexican or some shit.

lmao at the teenager in his parents bedroom and the kanegai head.

You right about Russell. his attack was too static.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 25 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #156

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

it was literally beautiful the way Loma slipped on the inside and landed. Does anybody think Russells lack of experience with southpaws was the issue?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #157

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 25 2014, 05:43 PM) *
it was literally beautiful the way Loma slipped on the inside and landed. Does anybody think Russells lack of experience with southpaws was the issue?

Russell's lack of pro experience was definitely the issue...he just looked lost in there. I ALWAYS wonder hoe certain fighters who ALWAYS look good against lesser guys, will look when they're forced out of their comfort zone by a who's executing a strict game plan and isn't intimidated.

It kinda reminded me of Berto...Berto is a beast when he's hitting you...til you hit him back and show that you can take his shots. I feel the way I felt about Russell, when I see a lot of guys fight Carlos Molina, Maidana, and Rigondeaux.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jun 25 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #158

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 25 2014, 06:21 PM) *
Russell's lack of pro experience was definitely the issue...he just looked lost in there. I ALWAYS wonder hoe certain fighters who ALWAYS look good against lesser guys, will look when they're forced out of their comfort zone by a who's executing a strict game plan and isn't intimidated.

It kinda reminded me of Berto...Berto is a beast when he's hitting you...til you hit him back and show that you can take his shots. I feel the way I felt about Russell, when I see a lot of guys fight Carlos Molina, Maidana, and Rigondeaux.

Lack of pop also did Gary in. Those flurries did nothing to lomo.

By the way I agree with the berto assessment. Those listed were highly unrespected by their opposition. That thought they would walk through and realized otherwise. Gotta have a plan b!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 25 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #159

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jun 25 2014, 09:41 PM) *
Lack of pop also did Gary in. Those flurries did nothing to lomo.

By the way I agree with the berto assessment. Those listed were highly unrespected by their opposition. That thought they would walk through and realized otherwise. Gotta have a plan b!

I don't think he's that big of a puncher anyway. From what I saw in the past...those flashy flurries only froze his opponents...can't say it hurt them until they stepped out of the exchange and got caught with a good shot.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jun 25 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #160

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 25 2014, 07:10 PM) *
I don't think he's that big of a puncher anyway. From what I saw in the past...those flashy flurries only froze his opponents...can't say it hurt them until they stepped out of the exchange and got caught with a good shot.

He wasn't doing that bad with it till recently lol

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:07 AM