IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Fight Weekend V : The Finale, The Last SFW to close down the league.
CyruS
post Dec 7 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,070

QUOTE (fighthype.com/FHWeBl-news)
Super Fight Weekend V
The Finale

Main Event :
Title to be disclosed later

FINALLY!

Cyrus "Touch oF SleeP" ViruS (23-0-0 14KOs) vs. Harold "Harry" Angus (78-3-1 58KOs)
(IMG:http://www.sharkspage.com/jpgs2/jamestoney.jpg) (IMG:http://www.opus22nyc.com/djprofiles/marleymarl.jpg)

Live on PPV!

The league is on notice! One last go around! Everyone ever involved in the league break out your fighters from retirement and make the biggest fights you can make. After this close down the league for good and possibly start a new one. Let's close out this league with a bang!

I'm thinking the date could be early morning of Sunday January 3, 2010.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Dec 9 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Rumored Match ups :

Larry Holmes vs. Dipsy Gawn

Miguel Cotto vs. Zab Judah

-- ------

We need the promoters to cut these checks and make fights happen.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 9 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Harold "Harry" Angus has admitted he hasn't stepped up his training for his long awaited fight with TOS yet. Angus told reporters outside his London nightclub, "Nah, I keep fit, I spar with the local hoodies and I do some bag work from time to time but I don't train like I did when I was champ. Sleep is goin' to sleep regardless, it's a matter of principal. I've known how to destroy him since way back in the day. Nothing has changed. It's a mismatch, always has been. Easy money, easy work."

+Quote Post
CyruS
post Dec 9 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (fighthype.com/FHWeBL-news)
TOS : "Harold gonna get dropped quicker than Tiger Wood's sponsorships!"

(IMG:http://www.boxingnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/toney4234563.jpg)

FH : What are your thoughts on Harold Angus's recent interview talking about is light training?

TOS : He can say what he wants. This bum knows this is THE fight to his long and boring career. He can say he's not doing much training but I know what's up!

FH : So what is up?

TOS : I got tapes of this man already from my connections inside his camp. They got Harold chasing around chickens like Rocky and all that shit. He's worried! He knows if he doesn't train harder for this fight than any other fight in his life that will TAX that ass. Even though he is training very hard, I'M STILL GONNA WHIP HIS ASS!

FH : So you are predicting a knockout?

TOS : Harold gonna get dropped quicker than Tiger Wood's sponsorships! He don't know the type of heat I will bring to his doorstep dog. He gonna fail at beating me like he failed to beat me a couple summers ago.

FH : You two have never fought. How can you say he failed to beat you a couple summers ago?

TOS : How do you think I have a son fighting in the amateurs? Ask his wife! Or should i say, ex-wife!

to be continued.......

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shok.gif)

+Quote Post
BigJuicyHog
post Dec 11 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 109

Why are you shutting down the league? I still enjoy checking fight results and such.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 11 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #6

Harold "Harry" Angus has admitted that TOS HAS ALREADY beaten him by declaring, "We never fought and eventually it got to me...yeah, I was depressed about it, I was hurting. He never threw a punch in anger at me but mentally I was knocked side ways by all the will-he-won't-he shit that was goin' down."

Sleep recently declared his has a son by Angus' ex-wife but Harold smirked at the suggestion saying, "He gets into peoples heads, it's his gameplan and he's good, damn good. The fact that he's still held in high esteem is a credit to his personality more than his boxing skills. Fact is, I don't rate him as a fighter. I can't do early morning runs no more, I'm done with that and I'm not motivated for this guy. I will chop him in two. No doubt about. Yeah, I will step up my training program eventually because I wanna do this thing properly."

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Dec 11 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (BigJuicyHog @ Dec 11 2009, 02:15 AM) *
Why are you shutting down the league? I still enjoy checking fight results and such.

There are a few different gyms about and I was thinking that maybe if they read this site they can give some feedback or something. I don't know if they read fighthype and nobody really does press releases. I still like checking results but my gyms are lame at the minute although if we continue with this current league I will just make new fighters.

+Quote Post
Blayde
post Dec 30 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,655

Wow, I didnt expect this when I decided to have a look at this forum. Its been some weeks ago now ... Are you still in it? I have some kinda uninteresting fighters still active, but of course Id unretire some fighters for a super fight weekend.

And a new start would be interesting. Maybe it would work out, maybe it wouldnt, but Id definitely login much more often than I do now.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 31 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #9

Although I still play webl and keep my gym active, the lack of interest from lots of people makes it hard to get into it.

Anyway, with that in mind I joined another forums webl and its really active with loads of gyms. Loads of trash talk too. If anybody wants info just Pm me.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jan 31 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #10

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Maxy can you give it to me

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:33 PM