IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD and PAC, Is there a double standard??
mrchitown
post May 10 2013, 12:22 AM
Post #51

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2013, 03:07 PM) *
LMAO...in watching Marciano I have no doubts that he would have had problems with the likeS of BERT COOPER... and not to be funny, Bert Cooper who is on no one ATG list was one helluva competitor. In terms of marciano's lack of size a heavy like him would have given marciano problems in my view.. On the Pac and mauweather issue.. really, there has never been a question who was the better fighter. Floyd established himself at 18 and 19 years old. Pac has blown up to hennesy status rather recently in comparison. mayweather should fight Alvarez with rehydration and catch weight clauses., especially now that he is talking as if he is the ambassador of the sport having scraped by with a gift against trout

Alvarez don't want to do the catch weight, he's trying to dictate the negotiations as if he's accomplished what Mayweather has. I'm not going to say that he doesn't have any bargaining chips but he doesn't hold the keys to the car like those around him are telling him. His stamina issues will be his downfall, he presents a challenge for Floyd but I think Floyd will get in his rhythm and frustrate Canelo en route to a UD

I'm really hoping this fight comes off so Canelo and his camp can STFU
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 11 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #52

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2013, 12:55 PM) *
This is in the bible somewhere

It should be and just as someone else stated about if Floyd fights and beats Canelo then next they'd say he has to whup Martinez and then Ward and it does keep going on and on but yet he'd still get no credit because they'd find some excuse to justify not giving him the credit he's earned and if not that then it would be he has to move to LHW and beat Chad Dawson or some other guy lbs heavier in order to somehow cement his legacy (even though it's been cemented years ago IMHO).

There is a double standard and it really only exists towards Floyd, who cares if he isn't humble (we don't watch boxing to see how nice some fighter is going to be to another) we watch this sport to see somebody get a beatdown and where is it written in some ghost rulebook that opponents have to be nice to one another and have to endear themselves to a public who pays to see them do violence to one another?? (f*cKN bunch of Hypocrites).

The last time I recall when I or any other person I've seen get into a street fight with someone they're not sitting there being all polite & sh*t; these so called phoneys here who say they love these so called "good guys/humble fighters" are the Hypocrites that I'm speaking of; get off Pac's duck, off of Shane's duck- do you believe those guys would be nice to you in a fight while kicking your anus??

LOL, people are so twisted with foolishness these days.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 11 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #53

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 9 2013, 01:45 PM) *
We talk about how Floyd will be remembered but how will Pacquiao be remembered? Marquez exposed him, Rios might crack his chin yet again. Yeah Pac is the supposed good guy but his skeletons have been uncovered. He will not be one of the greats. People will slowly realized that he was well matched. But forget that, how will history and boxing fans remember Pacquiao? How will you remember him?

He will go down as one of the greatest smaller fighters of all-time and one of the greatest fighters of his era. Marquez didn't "expose" him. He landed a HUGE right hand. That would be like me saying Antonio Tarver "exposed" Roy Jones. Pac dominated the legendary Mexican trio of MAB, Morales, and JMM....going 6-2-1 against them. He dusted most of his opposition against the smaller fighters. He then moved all the way up to 147 and fought many of the big names. Remember that Manny started at light flyweight. The fact that he was able to go all the way up to 147 and fight (and dominate) bigger fighters like Margarito, Oscar, and Cotto is extremely impressive.

Hell, it isn't like he is bad right now unless that crunching right by JMM destroyed him. He looked pretty good against a very game Bradley and only the major Pac hater thinks he lost that fight. He looked really good against a determined JMM before that right. Remember that Pac was in control of that fight until "it" happened. The Rios fight will tell us a great deal about what he has left. If he smokes Rios then you probably see a rematch with him and Bradley. I think if Pac is right, he handles Bradley and then all of a sudden a great deal of shine and attention will be back on him.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 11 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #54

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 10 2013, 01:22 AM) *
Alvarez don't want to do the catch weight, he's trying to dictate the negotiations as if he's accomplished what Mayweather has. I'm not going to say that he doesn't have any bargaining chips but he doesn't hold the keys to the car like those around him are telling him. His stamina issues will be his downfall, he presents a challenge for Floyd but I think Floyd will get in his rhythm and frustrate Canelo en route to a UD

I'm really hoping this fight comes off so Canelo and his camp can STFU

Canelo's irational thinking you speak of is a sign of mental weakness. I would have more respect for him if he came of humble and saying he is willing to do anything to get a fight with and beat the best fighter in the world... He is 22 for God's sake and has not beaten anyone of note.. (Trout was a draw at best) and Mosley was like an old sturdy of piece of steel in a junk yard.. Canelo trying to come off like he can dictate to Floyd reflects a certain mental weakness in evading reality. He is still somewhat Greene and can be taken into deep waters and DROWNED for sure by someone as cagey as FLOYD due his stamina issues. He seems to have that "fatty gene" Hopkins spoke of prior to facing Delahoya and actually prophesying that fatty gene being his ultimate undoing by shots to the liver. I would love to see how Sr and Floyd go about breaking Canelo down with jabs and straight rights to the body... softening up that pudgy looking core and setting him up for a stoppage. Canelo fought a great deal in retreat against Trout who pressed the action landing shots but nothing that could hurt Canelo. It was the body work that Trout was able to do that forced Canelo into a defensive mode and Floyd proves each time out that he his an underrated but damned good body puncher. Floyd doesn't get credit in this department, but he has a great way of getting at the opposition's body. Canelo better pump his breaks. In September he gets his ass kicked. If the fight is made later toward Mayweather getting out of the sport he will not lose as emphatically or dramatically. A loss in September, even being stopped will not hurt his career at all

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 11 2013, 09:55 AM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 11 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #55

Lightweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2013, 10:53 AM) *
Canelo's irational thinking you speak of is a sign of mental weakness. I would have more respect for him if he came of humble and saying he is willing to do anything to get a fight with and beat the best fighter in the world... He is 22 for God's sake and has not beaten anyone of note.. (Trout was a draw at best) and Mosley was like an old sturdy of piece of steel in a junk yard.. Canelo trying to come off like he can dictate to Floyd reflects a certain mental weakness in evading reality. He is still somewhat Greene and can be taken into deep waters and DROWNED for sure by someone as cagey as FLOYD due his stamina issues. He seems to have that "fatty gene" Hopkins spoke of prior to facing Delahoya and actually prophesying that fatty gene being his ultimate undoing by shots to the liver. I would love to see how Sr and Floyd go about breaking Canelo down with jabs and straight rights to the body... softening up that pudgy looking core and setting him up for a stoppage. Canelo fought a great deal in retreat against Trout who pressed the action landing shots but nothing that could hurt Canelo. It was the body work that Trout was able to do that forced Canelo into a defensive mode and Floyd proves each time out that he his an underrated but damned good body puncher. Floyd doesn't get credit in this department, but he has a great way of getting at the opposition's body. Canelo better pump his breaks. In September he gets his ass kicked. If the fight is made later toward Mayweather getting out of the sport he will not lose as emphatically or dramatically. A loss in September, even being stopped will not hurt his career at all

I don't think Canelo can make a CW. I think there could be a clause in there about weight on fight night. I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo turns it down and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather never chooses to fight Canelo because of it. Canelo is a big 154 pound fighter. I doubt he can come in around 150 or 151 and there is no chance he can reach 147.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 11 2013, 10:40 AM
Post #56

Welterweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 11 2013, 11:10 AM) *
I don't think Canelo can make a CW. I think there could be a clause in there about weight on fight night. I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo turns it down and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather never chooses to fight Canelo because of it. Canelo is a big 154 pound fighter. I doubt he can come in around 150 or 151 and there is no chance he can reach 147.

I agree. That may be best for Canelo. Not focusing on fighting a welterweight and he can focus on stopping th killing his body fighting below 160 and rehydrating. I am sure diuretics are used and this is not good for the body.. the kidheys. at some point canelo will be stopped by a real viscious body assault.There must be something about him physically that his handlers know which is circumventing him moving up to a natural weight and facing big money opponents like Chavez or Martinez. These fights seems ideal and would make tons of money. Higher weights and stronger punchers with stamina may be his Kryponite..

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 11 2013, 10:43 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 11 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 11 2013, 10:37 AM) *
He will go down as one of the greatest smaller fighters of all-time and one of the greatest fighters of his era. Marquez didn't "expose" him. He landed a HUGE right hand. That would be like me saying Antonio Tarver "exposed" Roy Jones. Pac dominated the legendary Mexican trio of MAB, Morales, and JMM....going 6-2-1 against them. He dusted most of his opposition against the smaller fighters. He then moved all the way up to 147 and fought many of the big names. Remember that Manny started at light flyweight. The fact that he was able to go all the way up to 147 and fight (and dominate) bigger fighters like Margarito, Oscar, and Cotto is extremely impressive.

Hell, it isn't like he is bad right now unless that crunching right by JMM destroyed him. He looked pretty good against a very game Bradley and only the major Pac hater thinks he lost that fight. He looked really good against a determined JMM before that right. Remember that Pac was in control of that fight until "it" happened. The Rios fight will tell us a great deal about what he has left. If he smokes Rios then you probably see a rematch with him and Bradley. I think if Pac is right, he handles Bradley and then all of a sudden a great deal of shine and attention will be back on him.

Your right, marquez didnt expose him. It's pretty known that pac struggles with boxers. Idk what the Rios fight is gonna prove other than if pac can still take a punch because Rios is the typical manny opponent, a come forward easy to hit slow slugger. He is very fun guy to watch with the right guy across the ring buy there is definitely a double standard.

But the Bradley fight was close, you don't have to be a hater to give Bradley a close 12 or a draw even though I had pac winning. He fought that fight as if he had won before it started.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 11 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #58

Lightweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2013, 11:40 AM) *
I agree. That may be best for Canelo. Not focusing on fighting a welterweight and he can focus on stopping th killing his body fighting below 160 and rehydrating. I am sure diuretics are used and this is not good for the body.. the kidheys. at some point canelo will be stopped by a real viscious body assault.There must be something about him physically that his handlers know which is circumventing him moving up to a natural weight and facing big money opponents like Chavez or Martinez. These fights seems ideal and would make tons of money. Higher weights and stronger punchers with stamina may be his Kryponite..

I think you are getting a little bit ahead of yourself here. If Canelo can make weight at 154 and not be so drained where it impacts him on fight night, he should continue to campaign at 154. There is no problem with that. I also see why he wants Mayweather. Mayweather has a few fights at 154 so the weight class isn't foreign to him. Mayweather is also the biggest name and biggest payday out there for him.

I give Canelo tons of props for ignoring GBP and going right for (and beating) Austin Trout....the best at 154 that Canelo could fight. I think there are other good fights at 154 for Canelo. Cotto would be the best fight for him. It is a major PPV event, Cotto is a big name, tons of money will be out there, and I think there is a chance that Canelo looks great in stopping Cotto. Cotto would also be really dangerous, but if Canelo is able to get that W then he would have back to back wins over Trout and Cotto. That would be huge for his career. There are also fights with Angulo and Lara that could be made. I think Canelo has at least 1 more year left in him at 154. Then he can move up and look for fights at 160.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 11 2013, 11:42 AM
Post #59

Welterweight

[quote name='KOpower' date='May 11 2013, 12:23 PM' post='581258']
I think you are getting a little bit ahead of yourself here. If Canelo can make weight at 154 and not be so drained where it impacts him on fight night, he should continue to campaign at 154. There is no problem with that. I also see why he wants Mayweather. Mayweather has a few fights at 154 so the weight class isn't foreign to him. Mayweather is also the biggest name and biggest payday out there for him.

I see what you are saying, yet his stamina was in question and the speculation it is linked to his rehydration. These rehydration techniques usually employ the use of diuretics which are not good for the body. For a 22 year old to display sub par stamina like Canelo obviously did brings to light certain queestions. making weight and fighting comfortably are two different things. Canelo did not look comfortable against the rather light punching Trout. His lack of out put and retreat in defensive posture brings to light stamina questions that could very well be linked to him fighting at 154 where he can secure a weight advantage and enhance ability to take an opponent's punch. Canelo is good and has some tools, yet he has some holes and in my view some physical issues preventing him from fighting more than 1 minute in a round. I am looking forward to him fighting someone his size with stamina, a chin, and power to see how he handles that. I don't think he will run into this at 154 where on fight night he is a light heavy in the ring

This post has been edited by neophyte7: May 11 2013, 11:44 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #60

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What's up with people suggesting that Floyd should request a rehydration clause for a Canelo fight?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:36 PM