Junior lightweight - Floyd Mayweather

Featherweight - Willie Pep

Junior Featherweight - Wilfredo Gomez

Bantamweight - Orlando Canizales

Super flyweight - Johnny Tapia

Flyweight - Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson

Light flyweight - Michael Carbajal

Minimumweight - Finito Lopez

You think Holyfield was better than Hopkins at Cruiserweight?

Oh shit you got Pep and Pryor on there too, pretty good list.

This post has been edited by sduck: May 3 2013, 04:56 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 3 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #12

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 03:17 PM) *
same here with hagler. in his day...he was a beast and highly feared. bhops consecutive defenses aren't on the level with haglers' reign.

Hagler's fight against Mugabi made me place him to the pinnacle of MW division. 6th round was....OH MY GOD ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23K7d5SWrPM

The Hawk on top of LWW is also a great choice. The best example of "i don't give a fuck" boxing attitude. That guy was hilarious!

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: May 3 2013, 01:12 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ May 2 2013, 09:32 PM) *
You think Holyfield was better than Hopkins at Cruiserweight?

Oh shit you got Pep and Pryor on there too, pretty good list.

hopkins never fought at cruiser. he's fighting at light heavyweight. i'll let him finish his career before i make the decision on whether or not he ranks above archie moore at light heavy.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 3 2013, 02:11 AM) *
Hagler's fight against Mugabi made me place him to the pinnacle of MW division. 6th round was....OH MY GOD ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23K7d5SWrPM

The Hawk on top of LWW is also a great choice. The best example of "i don't give a fuck" boxing attitude. That guy was hilarious!

after hagler/hearns....hagler mugabi is my favorite hagler fight. what a war!!! hagler had steam coming off his head at the end of the bout! i love that fight!

the hawk was the reason roberto duran skipped 140. panama lewis made pryor promise he would never fight duran. imagine what that fight would have been like!!! the hawk was one of my favorites as a kid. bad dude.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 3 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

What was that guy called he was black, had a chopped top, devastating right hand maybe, wasn't he called the Hawk too? Maybe am remembering a completely fictional fighter. Think he fought at light middleweight

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2013, 03:22 PM) *
What was that guy called he was black, had a chopped top, devastating right hand maybe, wasn't he called the Hawk too? Maybe am remembering a completely fictional fighter. Think he fought at light middleweight

julian jackson...yes.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 3 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 08:49 PM) *
julian jackson...yes.

clearly not the greatest, but he had one devastating right hand

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2013, 04:45 PM) *
clearly not the greatest, but he had one devastating right hand

he could crack.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 3 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #19

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

I know i might get my throat slit for saying this, but i thought winky wright was a great junior middleweight, and while its a weird weightclass, winky was the only true man to unifiy that division so far. Tommy hearns had a handful of fights at m154, but he moved up to middle and super middle after that and he remained there and upwards the rest of his career. he fought at weltweweight and middleweight many more tiems than he ever did as a junior middle. And his biggest fights were at those weights, not junior middle. I think its still a very young weightclass, and not much has been accomplished as compared to middleweight and welterweight, but if you view the history of this division, I think a modern boxer may deserve the goat crown. Just a thought.

And as far as middleweight goes, I also love marvin hagler and thought he was a tough middleweight, but do not forget the great carlos monzon. He was 87-3 as a middlweight, unified the division, and went undefeated for 15 years and over 70 fights.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 3 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 3 2013, 05:48 PM) *
I know i might get my throat slit for saying this, but i thought winky wright was a great junior middleweight, and while its a weird weightclass, winky was the only true man to unifiy that division so far. Tommy hearns had a handful of fights at m154, but he moved up to middle and super middle after that and he remained there and upwards the rest of his career. he fought at weltweweight and middleweight many more tiems than he ever did as a junior middle. And his biggest fights were at those weights, not junior middle. I think its still a very young weightclass, and not much has been accomplished as compared to middleweight and welterweight, but if you view the history of this division, I think a modern boxer may deserve the goat crown. Just a thought.

And as far as middleweight goes, I also love marvin hagler and thought he was a tough middleweight, but do not forget the great carlos monzon. He was 87-3 as a middlweight, unified the division, and went undefeated for 15 years and over 70 fights.

winky wright definitely had a great body of work at 154. the biggest name on his resume at the weight was fernando vargas which was a loss. he also loss to harry simon. he really doesn't have any wins over big names at the weight.

hearns on the other hand beat wilfredo benitez and ko'd roberto duran in devastating fashion. hard to top that at the weight.

i agree that not much has been accomplished at the weight in it's short history....but i can't think of any wins that top tommy's.

no doubt monzon was a great fighter. i have not seen enough footage of monzon to rate him above hagler. i'm sure there are people out there that can make the case for monzon.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:18 AM