IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> p.e.d's and such..., are they really a problem?
leonthegee
post Oct 23 2012, 01:09 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 23 2012, 12:28 AM) *
salido tested positive for anabolic steroids. he beat guerrero.

anyone care to address why morales got a pass?

Morales gets a pass because he already has one foot out the door already. Plus hes not a threat to Manny Pacquiao now. Where as fighters like Peterson and Berto are. Not to mention they are black. For years people would argue Pacquiao never fought an African American fighter. He only fights fighters who come straight forward to make him look good. So since Floyd was such an advacate for ODST and is the best African American fighter guys like Peterson and Berto get hated on as a kind of collateral damage. Because Pactards think that all blacks support black fighters. So hating on Berto and Peterson is, in a sick profound way, another way of hating on Floyd. Or at least hating on FLOMOS while at the same time gives them an argument, them meaning Pactards, of why Pacquiao never faced Berto or Peterson.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 23 2012, 01:33 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Just reading this list, gave me this weird moment of realization...

"If you're gonna cheat, don't be cheap". - Cshel Delagatto (an excerpt from the PED Chronicles)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 23 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 23 2012, 07:36 AM) *
You're not taking many factors into account. What about all the Ws each fighter had? They could've been taking it all along. You also don't know what kind of athlete they were prior vs. when they were caught. Any anabolic or growth hormone has a proven result. It is very clear that if you take it, it will enhance your ability. Just because you weren't that good of a boxer, you take PEDs and you're still not that good doesn't mean that it didn't enhance your abilities. It is very possible that if athletes were not using PEDs, they wouldn't survive at the elite level at all Hence the pressure to take it even though you might get caught. I also can't imagine that none of these fighters ever scored a performance enhancing knockdown or an enhanced blow that caused a cut.

Are we also saying that if FMJ decided to take PEDs now and used it for his next two fights that he wouldn't simply just walk through anyone you put in front of him? FMJ on PEDs would've ended Cotto in 3-4 rds.

If a fighter gets caught once you have to assume he was always taking it and every W is suspect.

very valid points. i agree.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 23 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 23 2012, 02:33 PM) *
Just reading this list, gave me this weird moment of realization...

"If you're gonna cheat, don't be cheap". - Cshel Delagatto (an excerpt from the PED Chronicles)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 23 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 23 2012, 02:09 PM) *
Morales gets a pass because he already has one foot out the door already. Plus hes not a threat to Manny Pacquiao now. Where as fighters like Peterson and Berto are. Not to mention they are black. For years people would argue Pacquiao never fought an African American fighter. He only fights fighters who come straight forward to make him look good. So since Floyd was such an advacate for ODST and is the best African American fighter guys like Peterson and Berto get hated on as a kind of collateral damage. Because Pactards think that all blacks support black fighters. So hating on Berto and Peterson is, in a sick profound way, another way of hating on Floyd. Or at least hating on FLOMOS while at the same time gives them an argument, them meaning Pactards, of why Pacquiao never faced Berto or Peterson.

that's deep.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 23 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #16

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 22 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Now that I see this list, my eyes are opened wide! How in the hell can you take PEDs and look bad in your fight? Im trying to remember when Shane started all of that jiggly twitching shit during fights, but my best guess is after he got off that shit.

Haha....that's funny. I was wondering the same thing. A topic was posted about Shane's chin and the first thing I noticed was how calm he was. I asked when he started all that twitchin and stuff. I like the way you put it the best.....haha...that's funny.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 23 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 23 2012, 07:09 PM) *
Plus hes not a threat to Manny Pacquiao now. Where as fighters like Peterson and Berto are. Not to mention they are black. For years people would argue Pacquiao never fought an African American fighter. He only fights fighters who come straight forward to make him look good. So since Floyd was such an advacate for ODST and is the best African American fighter guys like Peterson and Berto get hated on as a kind of collateral damage. Because Pactards think that all blacks support black fighters. So hating on Berto and Peterson is, in a sick profound way, another way of hating on Floyd. Or at least hating on FLOMOS while at the same time gives them an argument, them meaning Pactards, of why Pacquiao never faced Berto or Peterson.

this is a joke?

tbh there are some valid points, i just don't think the whole african american fighter has anything to do with it. the fighting the come forward fighters is pretty true. i think we can all agree the day when flomos and pactards are out of the sport the better off we'll be.

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 23 2012, 12:36 PM) *
FMJ on PEDs would've ended Cotto in 3-4 rds.

cause this obviously is

either way am pissed, maybe its because am paying much more attention to the bullshit that comes with boxing, but the corruption sees no end, everytime we think we've stemmed something somebody like morales fucks it up. and it just gets swept under the rug, i mean DAFUQ. Morales deserved to be put out like that, that should teach him to try and cheat. Garcias left hook was the hand of God teaching Morales a lesson, and I don't even believe in the big guy...

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Oct 23 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 22 2012, 06:51 PM) *
it seems morales didn't catch as much heat as both berto and peterson. is this my imagination? i haven't read too many articles crucifying him the way they did peterson and berto.

I think Morales gets a pass because he's old, warn, and irrelevant at this point in his career. Maybe they should allow you take diuretics after a certain time and age in the sport. Diurectics really aren't really going to give you an advantage over your opponent in this situation, especially if you're taking them in a 3 - 4 month training camp. Maybe you'll go a few extra rounds. Morales would have had to be on test/anadrol stack to stay in that fight. Nothing was going to save him at this point in his career. I would think in some cases, it's probably worse for you.

I just heard that Holyfield might unretire. He should get a 10cc handicap or something....haha....

Maybe boxing should do what they do with bodybuilding. Have an all natural league. Let the not-so-natural fight the all natural in the end and see who wins.

Probably end up with the same drama....Pac vs. Mayweather...haha

This post has been edited by BigDDatHomey: Oct 23 2012, 02:07 PM

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Oct 23 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

[quote name='mgrover' date='Oct 23 2012, 11:54 AM' post='568469']
this is a joke?

tbh there are some valid points, i just don't think the whole african american fighter has anything to do with it. the fighting the come forward fighters is pretty true. i think we can all agree the day when flomos and pactards are out of the sport the better off we'll be.

Welcome back Stevenski. Man have I missed you.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 23 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 23 2012, 08:22 PM) *
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 23 2012, 11:54 AM) *

this is a joke?

Welcome back Stevenski. Man have I missed you.

sorry to let you down but that aint me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:41 AM