IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mike Tyson vs. James Toney, ...the one that beat Holyfield.
King Eugene
post Apr 8 2010, 02:33 AM
Post #1

Proud American

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,577

For some reason this popped in my mind today. The Prime Tyson vs. the James Toney who beat Evander. I would think that Tyson would blitz him early and get him out of there but at the same time Toney wasn't the easiest cat to hit. Another question that I came up with is would Toney have the power to keep Tyson off of him? I believe if Toney could manage to stay alive in the first 6 rounds he had a good chance at a decision or a late stoppage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 8 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #2

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I would enjoy it. Toney gets stopped & is still shit talking when he is on his back.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 8 2010, 07:53 AM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Tyson by decision.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 9 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

I think Mike sooner or later catches him and takes him out. Toney stands right there and eventually he would get caught with something serious that would take him out.

This is young Mike we are speaking of right??... And this is old Toney.....

Tyson KO 5

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 9 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

"Lights Out" gets his lights turned out.

This post has been edited by D-MARV: Apr 9 2010, 06:39 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 9 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #6

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Toney would be landing more shots and gettin Tyson off balance when he leaps in with punches..In the end Tyson wins but I'd want Toney to win..I doubt Toney gets KO'd since he'd be makin the shots graze him,not land flush.

What version of Tyson would be fighting Toney??If it's an older Tyson,I'd go with Toney..A younger version of Tyson and I think it'd go the way I said up top..

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 9 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #7

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

He said "Prime Tyson".

NO WAY a FAT James Toney lasts 12 rounds with a prime Tyson... NO WAY!

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 9 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #8

The Savage

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2010, 07:33 PM) *
He said "Prime Tyson".

NO WAY a FAT James Toney lasts 12 rounds with a prime Tyson... NO WAY!

Toney wasn't really fat in the Holy fight..He was more bulked up than fat..In his last few fights,he was just fight..Being as tall as he is combined with 217 lbs,of course he is going to have some fat over his muscle(what bulk is)..

I think he would of been able to go 12 rounds..To be as relaxed as he is in the ring,that adds so many more rounds to your stamina..I've noticed that a lot more when I spar now that I've focused on being relaxed with my punches outside the ring and with everything else like defense and movement..Before,I'd get a lot more tired and I didn't even know I was tense..It's something not taught or focused on these days..Or atleast not by any of my past trainers..All I know is,when ya throw a punch,it should feel like nothing just happened..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Apr 9 2010, 08:59 PM

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Apr 10 2010, 04:16 AM
Post #9

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 9 2010, 08:58 PM) *
Toney wasn't really fat in the Holy fight..He was more bulked up than fat..In his last few fights,he was just fight..Being as tall as he is combined with 217 lbs,of course he is going to have some fat over his muscle(what bulk is)..

I think he would of been able to go 12 rounds..To be as relaxed as he is in the ring,that adds so many more rounds to your stamina..I've noticed that a lot more when I spar now that I've focused on being relaxed with my punches outside the ring and with everything else like defense and movement..Before,I'd get a lot more tired and I didn't even know I was tense..It's something not taught or focused on these days..Or atleast not by any of my past trainers..All I know is,when ya throw a punch,it should feel like nothing just happened..

Unless he counters and you get punched in the face at the same time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The Toney that faced Holyfield was pretty good but no where as good as the middleweight Toney. With his style he would have stood right in front of Tyson, slipping, ducking, and rolling...........till he rolled into a monster ass hook and flip the light switched DOWN!

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 10 2010, 04:22 AM
Post #10

The Savage

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 10 2010, 04:16 AM) *
Unless he counters and you get punched in the face at the same time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The Toney that faced Holyfield was pretty good but no where as good as the middleweight Toney. With his style he would have stood right in front of Tyson, slipping, ducking, and rolling...........till he rolled into a monster ass hook and flip the light switched DOWN!

Of course Toney wasn't as good as he was at super middle..I don't see Toney gettin KO'd though..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 06:12 AM