IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Mayweather vs Adonis Stevenson, Who's leading the Fighter Of The Year candidate
xxxxxx
post Oct 21 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

Floyd Mayweather has EARNED it this year. DOMINATING 2 guys coming off their biggest victories. I read somewhere that Guerrero hadn't lost in nearly 10 years and Canelo was 42-0. Bradley and Garcia would be next after Floyd. Stevenson is a good fighter who had a good year, but his wins came against guys who got embarrassed the previous fight. How would you give it to him?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 21 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #22

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 21 2013, 01:47 PM) *
The Guerrero win is secondary to the Canelo win though. Don't let them bully you out of your pick son! lol

In seriousness though, I wouldn't have a problem with Swift or Stevenson winning this award though.They put in serious work this year. That being said, I'm not getting this notion that Canelo is some hype job. He was the best 154 lber in the world. Let's not poo poo his win over Trout simply because Floyd beat him. If ANY other fighter beat Canelo after Canelo beat Trout, everyone would be on their dick. Canelo was and still is a top tier fighter. Caneli isn't just more popular than Ruslan, Matthysse and Cloud. He's also better than them. Floyd is just better than everyone else. Not just by a little bit either. Stevenson has another fight this year so he can essentially enhance his case even more.

THIS...entire post

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Stevenson has another fight this year so he could very well tip the scales in his favor. That being said, I admittedly have no knowledge of this guy he's facing. Anyone else know about him?

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 22 2013, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 22 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #24

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 21 2013, 10:47 AM) *
The Guerrero win is secondary to the Canelo win though. Don't let them bully you out of your pick son! lol

In seriousness though, I wouldn't have a problem with Swift or Stevenson winning this award though.They put in serious work this year. That being said, I'm not getting this notion that Canelo is some hype job. He was the best 154 lber in the world. Let's not poo poo his win over Trout simply because Floyd beat him. If ANY other fighter beat Canelo after Canelo beat Trout, everyone would be on their dick. Canelo was and still is a top tier fighter. Caneli isn't just more popular than Ruslan, Matthysse and Cloud. He's also better than them. Floyd is just better than everyone else. Not just by a little bit either. Stevenson has another fight this year so he can essentially enhance his case even more.

I am not letting them do anything. I just said that this award is a popularity contest. Canelo's name is the Ace in the hole. He ranks over all other competition. I think Bradley and Swift overall competition was better. Canelo is a solid fighter but he was way over his head with Mayweather. Again I would put Stevenson and even Leo Santa Cruz in the mix. But again, this is a popularity award. Floyd will get it, but I think others are more deserving.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Oct 22 2013, 11:21 AM) *
I am not letting them do anything. I just said that this award is a popularity contest. Canelo's name is the Ace in the hole. He ranks over all other competition. I think Bradley and Swift overall competition was better. Canelo is a solid fighter but he was way over his head with Mayweather. Again I would put Stevenson and even Leo Santa Cruz in the mix. But again, this is a popularity award. Floyd will get it, but I think others are more deserving.

I know. I was just joking around.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 23 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 22 2013, 10:12 AM) *
Stevenson has another fight this year so he could very well tip the scales in his favor. That being said, I admittedly have no knowledge of this guy he's facing. Anyone else know about him?

I may have seen him fight a couple of times, sometime last year. I remember when Cheesey was around here often, he would remind me of this international fights on Saturdays, and I caught quite a few of them. The name "Bellew" is ringing a bell, but I cant remember exactly who he fought...

+Quote Post
emd01
post Oct 24 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #27

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Floyd without a doubt. He's dominating fighters that are winning fights big in 2 different weight classes. No doubt Stevenson is a beast but his last 2 opponents had lost, one to a smaller guy and the other to, no disrespect to BHop, a geriatric. No contest imo.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:26 AM