IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Chavez-Lee (SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later), No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Sports Card
Cheesey1
post Jun 18 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 17 2012, 08:25 PM) *
I think there could be a ko. But im more curious in how the conditions will be leading up to the fight, if Martinez will battle to make the fight fair via drug testing same day weigh in stuff like that, or if he will let himself get bullied because he got his big money fight and would be scared to lose it.

It looks like Sergio wants the fight so badly that he's not asking for a single bloody thing apart from it has to be in Nevada and the weight of the gloves. Haha, while I won't call him desperate, it's a shame that he has no negotiating leverage to at least have random testing.
His being confident enough to know that he can beat '8-ball tha Caveman' even if the Caveman is juiced, is nice to see, but it's a shame that there won't be random testing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 18 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #72

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 18 2012, 12:57 PM) *
it's a shame that he has no negotiating leverage to at least have random testing.

He DOES have leverage. If he requests this very thing (OSDT), then he has the utmost power to have the fight called off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 18 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 18 2012, 01:28 PM) *
He DOES have leverage. If he requests this very thing (OSDT), then he has the utmost power to have the fight called off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I beleive Sergio uses PEDs too. Thus, the playing field will be even as long as the glove size and Nevada are in the contract. With that said, I hope he stops Jr via an uglier KO than the Paul Williams KO.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 19 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 19 2012, 12:54 AM) *
I beleive Sergio uses PEDs too. Thus, the playing field will be even as long as the glove size and Nevada are in the contract. With that said, I hope he stops Jr via an uglier KO than the Paul Williams KO.

What makes you think Martinez is on peds? Just curious, not like I can vouch for him everyone is getting caught now.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jun 19 2012, 01:41 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 19 2012, 01:33 AM) *
What makes you think Martinez is on peds? Just curious, not like I can vouch for him everyone is getting caught now.

he shows the same stamina and punch resistance that Pacquiao and Chavez do. he's moved up and is beating the brakes off bigger guys. I had seen him a few times before and he's a much better fighter than he was about 6 years ago. He's also fighting young guys, while he's like 37. If he's not using, then he's incredible. The latter is always possible, but in this day and age, I'll always suspect a guy cheats until he takes blood tests that show otherwise.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jun 19 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #76

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 19 2012, 02:41 AM) *
he shows the same stamina and punch resistance that Pacquiao and Chavez do. he's moved up and is beating the brakes off bigger guys. I had seen him a few times before and he's a much better fighter than he was about 6 years ago. He's also fighting young guys, while he's like 37. If he's not using, then he's incredible. The latter is always possible, but in this day and age, I'll always suspect a guy cheats until he takes blood tests that show otherwise.

I get what your saying but he also did start VERY late in the game. Punishment wise, he's only about 30 tops.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:32 PM