IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT) Molina/Demarco & Ward/Dawson, SPOILERS-No New Threads, Public Streams, or Talk of Other Cards
mrchitown
post Sep 11 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #91

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 09:57 PM) *
I would've asked somebody for a medium Bic ink pen, and commenced to stabbing myself in the throat. He was just THAT horrible.

He knew people weren't feeling him. I had ringside seats for this one and the look on his face when he finished announcing was about the most entertaining thing he did all night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 11 2012, 06:43 AM
Post #92

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2012, 09:44 PM) *
again...it was speculation on my part. i remember reading or watching a video of roger mayweather claiming hatton wasn't allowed to gain more than 5lbs. that to me was all the proof i needed. but i doubt they would make demands like this without covering their tracks...hence my 'non-disclosure/stipulation theory'.... i believe they've all signed contracts that will not allow them to speak on it.

as for why oscar would do such a thing...maybe it was arrogance? maybe it was because he knew he would be making money off of pac either way so a loss would help boost the pac gravy train. who knows? but think about this...cotto has pretty much said it without saying it...he refuses to fight pacquiao without all the 'weight games' or something like that he has said in interviews. also...i thought margarito was trying to tell us something by trying to hydrate right before he came into the ring with pac. roach made a big deal of it and hbo spun it...i wouldn't doubt the whole thing has been smoke and mirrors. after all...bob arum was part of ray leonards situation where he was able to capture two titles by making lalonde come down in weight to fight him. how is that even possible!?

how hard would any of this be to address in a few questions during interviews with the right ppl? i've talked to writers on this subject before and i have yet to see anyone print anything remotely close to this. i think it's worth looking into but it will be dismissed as conspiracy theory. oh well.

am a massive fan of conspiracy theories. and supposedly DLH was using IV's to rehydrate? It's was obvious he killed himself making weight but really IV's?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #93

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 11 2012, 07:43 AM) *
am a massive fan of conspiracy theories. and supposedly DLH was using IV's to rehydrate? It's was obvious he killed himself making weight but really IV's?

i think it was roach who said he saw the IV marks. i believe it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #94

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 01:40 PM) *
i think it was roach who said he saw the IV marks. i believe it.

If Roach said, then maybe it holds a bit of weight. I heard Floyd Sr. say it, but I wasn't gonna use him as a reliable source, if I wasn't ready to be mangled first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #95

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 02:14 PM) *
If Roach said, then maybe it holds a bit of weight. I heard Floyd Sr. say it, but I wasn't gonna use him as a reliable source, if I wasn't ready to be mangled first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

i might be alone on this...but i think floyd sr is a more reliable source than roach...but that's just me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 01:33 PM
Post #96

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 02:19 PM) *
i might be alone on this...but i think floyd sr is a more reliable source than roach...but that's just me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I can agree, but people would be more inclined to believe Roach in this situation, being the fact that his fighter was on the other side of the ring. If he really didn't want to sell his fighter short, and admit that his opponent was a corpse, then I doubt that he would admit such a thing.

As for going with what Floyd Sr. says...I usually believe him 9 times out of 10, but all of the crooked shit that the Mayweather's speak on regarding the boxing business, usually takes years to reveal itself. In the meantime, people trash them and associate their information as a defense of Floyd Jr, which is unfair to them.

That's how the media has it worked out for the viewers who are unaware of what's REALLY going on...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #97

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 11 2012, 02:33 PM) *
I can agree, but people would be more inclined to believe Roach in this situation, being the fact that his fighter was on the other side of the ring. If he really didn't want to sell his fighter short, and admit that his opponent was a corpse, then I doubt that he would admit such a thing.

As for going with what Floyd Sr. says...I usually believe him 9 times out of 10, but all of the crooked shit that the Mayweather's speak on regarding the boxing business, usually takes years to reveal itself. In the meantime, people trash them and associate their information as a defense of Floyd Jr, which is unfair to them.

That's how the media has it worked out for the viewers who are unaware of what's REALLY going on...

the other thing...it's painted as if floyd sr attacks roach for no reason and "he's just jealous of his success..." when the truth is that roach attacked floyd sr first. floyd sr asked for 2mil to train oscar to fight his son. based on the money oscar was going to make...and the fact that he'd be training oscar to beat his son...i thought it was a fair request. but to have roach chime in and say "i don't think floyd sr is worth the 2mil he's asking for..." he made himself a target in that one. floyd sr had a right to talk shit back in that situation. i honestly think he would have done a much better job than roach did too.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 11 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #98

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 02:42 PM) *
the other thing...it's painted as if floyd sr attacks roach for no reason and "he's just jealous of his success..." when the truth is that roach attacked floyd sr first. floyd sr asked for 2mil to train oscar to fight his son. based on the money oscar was going to make...and the fact that he'd be training oscar to beat his son...i thought it was a fair request. but to have roach chime in and say "i don't think floyd sr is worth the 2mil he's asking for..." he made himself a target in that one. floyd sr had a right to talk shit back in that situation. i honestly think he would have done a much better job than roach did too.

Totally agree. I wasn't even sure where that feud started. I remember hearing something about $2M around the time of the FMJ/OLDH fight, but I didn't read any further into it. I was finishing a semester of college around that time, so I was busy with finals and shit. I was nowhere near cable tv, and hardly a computer at times, so I came home that weekend, and the fight was on. Lol

I just remember Sr.'s numerous "Freddie The Joke Coach Roach" jokes, and come to find out...he was actually right. I guess Sr.'s delivery and attitude make people dislike him. Who knows. Freddie is known to start shit as well, I just forgot that he made that initial comment.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #99

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 10 2012, 10:57 PM) *
I would've asked somebody for a medium Bic ink pen, and commenced to stabbing myself in the throat. He was just THAT horrible.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i love life too much. i would have stabbed him though. shit was horrible! i hope and pray they don't use him again.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 12 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #100

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

As always Shels and Professor spittin them facts before the world even knows about it...

http://www.boxingscene.com/mirandas-traine...sparring--57004

Scully was talking so much positive stuff about Dawson making the weight easy and this and that and blah blah blah, now he does an interview with ESPN and says the weight "definitely" affected Chad and he said anyone who was there who saw Dawson get beaten up in sparring to reveal themselves. Well come on down....LOL

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:32 PM